7:37 AM and World Shutting down

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Nov 29, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

When did this change? I thought it was around 4 am or 5. For it to shut down at 8 is too late already.
  2. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

6 am pacific time. I use timeanddate.com to convert to local time because it varies with daylight saving and standard time.
    Currently where I am it's 1 AM because we're in daylight time and PT is standard. But in our winter (when we go back, and PT goes forward) it's 11 PM.

So your time zone is...
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It's standard but didn't the US take off daylight savings?
  4. inferno Loyal Player

Still under daylight
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That's still debatable, some states are pushing legislation to make it where it can't be changed. The US is pretty messed up anyway lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm located in the Eastern Time Zone and regular maintenance is always at 9 AM. Doesn't matter if it's Daylight Savings or not. I think the only thing that changes with Daylight Savings is the daily loot lock reset which is usually at 4 AM for me so should be happening at 3 AM with DST.
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Daylight Savings ended on November 6. It will start again on March 12.
    • Like x 1
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

When dcuo came out years ago it countdown started at 5:30 am central time Austin & server went down at 6 am .
    For years tho.
    The recent change it goes countdown starts at 7:30 am & goes down at 8am
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Was going to say the same thing. Reboot is always at the same time for me (Central time) 8AM. DST or not. Loot reset moves an hour depending on DST or not (currently 2AM, was 3AM).

The odd time of 7:37 seems off though, it's pretty much on the hour mark regardless. They normally only reboot at an odd time (not on a :30 or :00) in cases of a reboot due to 'issues'.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just confirming US worlds restart at 6AM PT, while EU restart at 4AM GMT. The countdown is 30 minutes prior, but it is a manual operation so it is not surprising that sometimes it will be a few minutes later.
    • Like x 3
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ok thanks everyone. I had like ten minutes left so I wanted to switch characters and when I did, it wouldn't let me in despite having ten minutes left from the countdown.
    • Like x 1
  12. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Yep, and I can only port to my base in the last 5 minutes. Probably designed that way.

For the US people saying that their shutdown is always at the same time regardless of Daylight Savings I would just like to explain that it's because the time zones in the US are (at least this year) in lockstep, so therefore you experience no change, even though there has been one. In all continental North American timezones in 2022, daylight saving started on 13 March and ended on November 6.

In Australia our seasons are the reverse of yours and not only are we going back when you are going forward, the dates are out of sync. To arrive in time for a weekly event that routinely starts at 6 pm Eastern on a Thursday, I had to log on by 8 am Friday morning until 6/7 October, after our DST clicked in, then 9 am until 10/11 November (ie after the 6th) after you went back to Standard. At the moment I log on before 10 am Friday and will do so until after 12 March next year, when eastern time goes back to 9:00 am, then after 2 April it's 8 am again.

Timeanddate.com is my friend.
  13. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

See, the thing is, the loot lock resets don't move - they stay put at Standard time and you 'experience' a shift when your time zone changes to daylight saving or back. I know for many people now there isn't the same ritual of clocks being put back and forward, it all happens automatically on computers and in cars, but it does depend where you are at the time.

In our case I don't have to worry about timezones for the US, they don't affect the locks, the change is only our daylight saving coming in or ending. Loot reset is at 6 pm during standard time and 7 pm when we have daylight saving.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I mean...they move on the clock, because the clock moves an hour due to DST. 2AM vs 3AM in my case in Central. Reboot is always 8AM....DST or not. I was talking about our perception of 'when' if looking at a clock. If I didn't know the date and someone asks me 'hey, when is loot reset'...I'd have 2 possible answers...2AM for ST, 3AM if DST. If they ask me what time reboot is...it's always the same...8AM.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Do you know when the change occurred? I remember it being earlier as you mention. I believe it was earlier when I was still playing back in 2017-2018, but I wasn't that active my final year, so it may have changed before then. When I returned in February/August 2021, it was definitely the current timetable.
  16. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Yep, you guys have it easy ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The whole time switch is a debacle anyway. Most Americans don't know the difference between EST and EDT. When I was interviewing for jobs, it was very confusing getting e-mails in the summer, during daylight savings, telling me my interview time was at 1PM EST. Did the person really mean EST, and I need to adjust my expected time by an hour? Or did the person actually mean EDT? It was always that the person meant EDT and didn't know that there was a difference.
    • Like x 1
  18. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I think people parse the 'S' as "Summer time" and don't know it actually means "Standard". Happens here too with AEST/AEDT (unless you're in Queensland which, like Hawaii, doesn't do Daylight Saving).
    • Like x 1