is Christmas event going to hit test server?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

Mepps has updated the official Events thread with the release date for Christmas event;
    • Season's Greedings
      • December 8, 2022-January 4, 2023
    But it hasn't hit test yet. When can we expect it (If at all?)
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could be Friday or next week or not at all.
    • Like x 2
  3. myandria Item Storage

Good point; if there isn't much to test then we shouldn't need much time to test it. If we are to test it, it shouldn't be on the test server until Monday/Tuesday of next week. That would allow everyone to enjoy the holiday weekend and the devs would be on hand to quickly fix issues if we find any.
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

Well, not everyone celerbates thanksgiving (I'm not from the US) but I understand they have a schedule they go by, that includes their holidays. I'm glad we got a release date. The game feels abit dull right now and I need to get excited about something so the Christmas event is just that (As long as we don't pay 25 marks for a base item lol)
    • Like x 3
  5. myandria Item Storage

True: I'm from the US and I don't celebrate Thanksgiving; I just take advantage of the fact that it is a US national holiday. I also agree that the game is a bit slow right now. I hope we get more "winter" themed base items this year and yeah, let's hope they are not expensive (unless they do something cool, like an interactive "cookies and milk on the table" that lets you eat the cookies and drink the milk).
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

OMG that would be so cute. I wonder if they can give us Santa as base item NPC or a actual Christmas deer that walks around the base lol
    • Like x 2
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I just really hope we get some Orange lantern styles this time around. the Power battery/logo accessory, supply drop, henchmen, and orbital strike
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Bump
    • Like x 1
  9. PolarisSylar Committed Player

There no new seasonal quest .
    There no new changes to the onduty quests. The same event seasonal.
    What is there to test for the seasonal?
    Just seeing new styles, so we wait in 7 days when it goes on live, it be okays.
  10. Eve YouTuber

Feats tends to not work properly sometimes and It's good to test them out, or just like the Syklee acessory was completely messed up - It's good to report BEFORE it hits live.
    • Like x 4
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

This Friday, maybe? Quick week+ of test then launch on the 7th or 8th with a tiny GU.

Can't wait to see what's new. As multiple people here have mentioned, I really hope we see more Lantern supply drops and emblem accessories (orange, blue, etc).
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

At the latest yeah, I hope so. Weird that we haven't gotten any update so far but the Dev team has been pretty quiet as of late.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly... Christmas is cancelled this year. :( :(

I think Santa Doom stole it..... or something. :(

;) ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

There’s literally nothing to test. You mad you can’t make a YouTube video on it? Lol
  15. Eve YouTuber

That actually makes sense cause Mepps said something about Santa lmao
    • Like x 3
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

So... no early preview of new stuff? :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

We shall see ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Skoll Well-Known Player

What a silly thing to say. Anytime there is an update to the game it should be tested on the test server before going live.
    • Like x 4
  19. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

She just wants to make content for her YouTube channel. She doesn’t care about testing.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

You'd be surprised what could go wrong with an untested release that doesn't change content. Sometimes things just go bad. We've had a few bugs go with the Anniversary event, since that one is always untested, since they like to make it a "gift".

But I'll agree, it will be okay if they don't put it on test before live. I think the staffing issues is still being felt now. Communication has been pretty nil, it's sad, but we've had that in the past too.
    • Like x 2