Fire Tank and Lasso Art

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 23, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should try Clarion, comes in handy when there's no healer.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I've thought about that one. Looks interesting. Maybe next 2x week. I've also got a laz pit water I hardly ever put in I've been thinking of feeding to something else.

I don't sweaty swap, so having 9-10 leveled artis is kind of a waste.
  3. Omega91 Well-Known Player

FIRE TANK GANG REPRESENT!

I use Engulf and Backdraft for 99% of a battle, so yeah I'm having more than enough fun with the Lasso, I would recommend if you're not thinking of any other Arts.
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

For years Fire did not have a long range pull. We were forced to use the iconic move just to get by. Engulf is relatively new, and I personally love it. I hated using an iconic just to fire tank properly back then, so it wouldnt be much fun to continue using it today. For those that dont know that history, I guess it would be easy to overlook engulf....but it was and is a huge improvement to fire and a great power imo.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, it's actually worse than that. Not only did we not have a ST pull (which Lasso was by default for many), distance 'area' pull was generally a movement mode pull, like 'low pressure' (maybe 'high pressure'...can't remember which) for flight and HLS was a fire's shield. 3 of my 6 powers were NOT 'fire' powers when tanking. Engulf being added was defiantly a great thing...anyone who was here before it knows that. Same with Immolation...Not sure how many times I'd get p'd off watching Heat Wave pop his fire shield thinking 'IT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME....Just add it to my powers DEVS!"
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

Oh totally, I agree 100%....the shield situation sucked...as did how we tanked, as turtles blocking 90% of the time. The neck mods and changes to our defense buff helped there too.

I was just keeping in context of the pull specifically.
    • Like x 2
  7. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Only have lasso on my ice and earth tanks fire doesn't need it since you would still be doing backdraft and you lose a fire stack not using your pull to. This effects you defense and healing as a fire tank I believe.