What other major content do you think could be brought to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

If we put aside the DLC and power content, what do you think DCUO could have as new major content? See, what content already implemented in the game could be improved content? Basically it would be the 2.0 version of the content in question, always with the restriction of not talking about DLC and powers in this topic.
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

The one thing I think they could really improve upon is combat. A complete combat overhaul would be amazing, but I know it would be a ton of work.

I also think combat has always been extremely slow and clunky, and could be way better. Jump canceling looks dumb, and feels like more of a crutch instead of an actual combat mechanic. Being stuck in one spot during animations is also slow and boring.

Rolling is the most useless thing a superhero/villain could ever do during combat when you think about it... you have a being that could fly/run/leap incredible speeds/distances on a regular basis, but as soon as you throw a punch or get hit, then you stop whatever you're doing to do a roll... this should have been a last resort when grounded, not standard across the board for everyone. Implement an actual dodge mechanic based on our movement modes. Let us hold block and move at the same time to activate, and make it drain power while active to balance it out. This could be similar to the movement mode supercharges, but instead of a shield, you'd risk getting block broken/lose power while active.

I just think there's so much more they could do with combat, and it was extremely lazy to let it go without an update for so long. Now, they've lost almost everyone that can work with this outdated engine, and it's on life support at this point. Nothing major is ever going to happen, so DCUO 2.0 should just be a new game altogether. Remake it on a new engine, that way it can have more of a chance and we won't have to deal with what we have currently.
    • Like x 3
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Couple things I’d suggest - don’t @ me.

Just make the content fun is all I ask. Too much inconsistency. Some alerts you can skip adds, others (gp looking at you. What an awful, awful and boring alert) you have to literally kill everything, burn it with fire, kill it again before the door opens. You get it.

Fix omnibus so it truly is random and not Fos 2, Coast city all day.

Make the bosses hit harder and lower their hp. Actually make everything we fight hit harder and die quicker. Some hp pools for bosses and adds is way too high. Add the fact that they hit us with pillows and you have a relatively easy yet boring and dull experience.

Revamp the entire sp system. It’s the cause of so many issues. Deserves it’s own thread to be fair.

Give trolls a 4th art slot (only while in troll role) or combine tetra/cog into one art. Either one works.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I want an arch-nemesis. A reverse version of me that can be found in any open-world area (you'd get a daily alert telling you which area they are in), and is a special bounty. Same power, same loadouts, same artifacts, the works. A very basic AI (keeping a tally of how many times you use or chain particular powers /rotations in all combat, and then your arch-nemesis uses them in the same proportion) would keep the fight interesting - just give them a health pool at around 125% of yours (to compensate for AI screwiness), and you've got a decent fight.
    • Like x 3
  5. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I actually love this. It’s a crying shame how the game has gotten away from being an actual super hero or villain in the city. It would be nice to have have dailies and weeklies in Gotham or Metropolis, and bring the life of the cities back.
    • Like x 3
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Nemesis system from CO?

TBH I think this is a great idea.
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

I always thought it'd be kinda cool if we could have our alts in game as an npc... so we can do team-ups with ourselves.

Have a duo/alert that's really just a solo with your alts.
    • Like x 2
  8. DurangoKid70 Active Player

while Im not much of a pvper, they can male a huge open world area for pvpers including massive good vs evil battles, not just 8 ,lol
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

That already exists.

You can switch to PvP phase and everything (the entire phase/all the maps in it) is one big PvP arena.
  10. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Like you could select your partner, and they run through a 1234 rotation for your power tray, and block when a 1 shot is coming.

You could also use this function to force Q old raids that are difficult to get people for.

Lol I bet the Ai bot would be a lot better than most of the players in game
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

I think they would add Major cities again like Metropoilis\Gotham and pre-30 missions. So up it to 40-50 and add a lot of stuff to do and more mentors etc. That would be extremely fun to level new characters plus have the "Nostalgic" feeling to it where you go and beat up bounties there, complete quests from your mentor, etc. I think the mentor thing has to come back, in a way. For big cities, Atlantis or Central City can work really well. Themyscira too. Oa maybe? they already have half the maps so they can expand on them, make them big, put enemies, quests, safe houses, base locations and collections\investigations\briefings to expand on the OG DCUO story.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

The Forever Evil storyline. We need more Owlman.
    • Like x 1
  13. Omega91 Well-Known Player

Don't have anything off the top of my head now but if you consider a LARGE package of quality of life improvements a major content, then sure.

Devs, go take a look at Guild Wars2, there are 1000 things it just does better with it's UI and just plain convenient nature.

Letting people friend a person's account so you don't have to friend all of their Alts or remember them all is the one I'll mention here.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tolly Committed Player

For my part, I think that the "housing" part of DCUO should be greatly improved and better exploited on 2 points.

Firstly, I think it's high time to offer players the possibility to choose the size of the themes currently available in one format. It's a shame that some players have to limit themselves to a specific size because they like such a basic theme.

All themes in the default base of the game should have a choice between a large and small base!!!

2ᵉ point, I think DCUO should really build on Elder Scroll Online (TESO) housing system surely one of the best housing in MMORPG, it regularly innovates its shop around housing with each expansion arrival, see sometimes, unrelated to a DLC (if I remember correctly) it adds a new habitable house for the player and it's often linked to the DLC theme. With that, DCUO has a huge potential to be exploited. Have could take the same idea from TESO with 3 categories:

1st category: "small base" as we currently have them available.

2nd category: "medium sized base" like the default large base in the game, wayne manor, possibly larger and of course with a new structure.

3rd category: "notable bases" or this one would be iconic locations in the DCUO universe like Star Labs, Arkham, et al, and at this level I think there's plenty to do, of course I'm thinking of an architecture that's true to its locations not just a base location as we currently think.

I think it would be really refreshing to rearrange the housing and make better use of the universe, and as we already have elements that can be linked to iconic DCUO locations, it would only add to the cosplay/RP aspect that many players love to do in DCUO.

There's the game shop, if DCUO wants to make money, I think housing can be an extremely profitable piece of content if the developers put their minds to it and TESO does it very well.
  15. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

What i like to see is new SM and maybe something new with PVP im tired of new DLC's with same maps and esay bosses !
    I know PVP is broken but at lesat something new this game need a breath of fresh air .
    Bosses for SM :
    1) Hush or Full Hause
    2) Avatar of Magic
    3) Tiny or Clayface
    4) Jared,Jacob,Jesse
    5) Red Lantern Haggor
    6) Jinx
    7) Trench Mother & Brine Hulk
    8) Nepheritos
    9) Ares or Hades or Cerberus
    10) Parallax or Leviatan