Pied Piper Flute

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sghoul, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Sghoul Well-Known Player

What Supers does it work with? Doe sit work with any of the 2500s? Was thinking of trying to make a Soul Cloak, Piper, EoG build where you try to just spam SC as much as possible.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

It works with all Supers. Its based on Activation but you wont really get the true benefit of it until Rank 200. Its a Art based on chance, based on chance, based on chance. Ive tried to make it work on my SC build toon and its just not reliable. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone and dont waste time leveling it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I thought it was useless? That's what I've always heard, anyway. It's only good for filling an artifact slot if you have none (a.k.a. easily distinguishable noob status) XD

But what do I know?
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It does not seem to work with certain Supercharges.

There are some Supercharges that no matter how many times I would use it... it would not trigger the Artifact.
    Or was I just unucky with the EEViLLLL Random Chance??

Will have to make a video about it. ;)
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Quislet restores supercharge and uses a special attack whenever you cast a supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, I find Quislet to be a much better option than Pied Piper's Flute. I have the flute on one of my alts. it's awesome when it hits, but I feel it's too infrequent to be worthwhile.
  7. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

I believe the artifact works fully with Supercharges that ultimately produce damage. If you use a supercharge that delivers some type of damage within the 12 second window of the ability, you have a chance for the rats to summon.

If the supercharge doesn't have a damaging component then it will not proc the damage part of the artifact's ability.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This is not about Quislet, though? Unless you replied to the wrong person :p
  9. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

It works primarily with Supercharges that have a damage dealing proc. If you use Neo Venom for example, it won't do anything because NVB itself doesn't provide damage.

In my opinion, because of the nature of the Flute's window for the ability to process, it is more effective as a Might DPS swap art and not something you keep slotted full time.

Obsidian Chill's artifact based videos on YouTube touch on this artifact a few times and he goes into good detail on the inner workings of it in a couple of the recent artifact ones.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I wanted to use the Artifact with my Sandwalker character..... but Earth supercharges Entomb... Earthquake... Meteor Shower do not seem to trigger the Artifact.

Then tried to use Word of Power instead...... does not seem to trigger it either. :(
  11. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I'm not really trying to min-max. I have no desire for all of my builds to be cookie cutter, otherwise, why bother. So I try out different combos with different characters. If it basically works with any damage dealers, then great. But for some reason, I feel like when I tried it before there were some that didn't seem to trigger it.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oops I did :confused: but the suggestion still stands. Quislet in my opinion trumps Fute however you can tac swap Flute so there's that option as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I've just been on the test server and tested several powersets (earth, quantum, water, munition...) not a single supercharge triggers an artifact, so it's safe to say that some update completely broke the artifact... you like to create dozens of videos on day (yes, probably an exaggeration....), so I advise you to go to the test server and make a video for all the supercharges and put the video in the bugs section....
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only supercharges that can trigger it are supercharges that do actual damage.
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

and why are you telling me this? I know this very well, as well as the fact that it has a trigger range, and that it is actually a cone attack (I spent many hours testing this artifact when Batuba introduced it ... and then it works, now it is broken .. .only I don’t have time to make a video, so I suggested that Magneto do this ...)
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because I can't read your mind through the internet and I have the other person on ignore...
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Huh? It's working on live though. Tested with gadgets Asphyxiation Gas.
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Piper or Quislet? Piper does not work on the test server, but if I remember well, there were several internal patches on the live server that were not on the test server...

update:
    what level of artifact do you have? just checked with different artifact levels, 80-140 work....199-200 no...
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Piper. I can only test with a rank 200. IIRC, if not at rank 200, this artifact has a chance of doing absolutely nothing.

I just tested Bunker Buster and Word of Power too. I only got 1 tick of damage from the rats for WoP though (I don't actually know if this is normal behaviour for the artifact working with a 1 hit SC, since gadgets has none like that).

Edit: also tested if stealth was the problem, I still get rat damage for SCs in the normal loadout. :shrugs:

Editedit: When testing, are you hitting the target with a random power before using your SC? Hitting something with a power is what triggers the game to know that you have the artifact equipped. Can't just be out of combat and use your SC, you must hit something with a power first.
    • Like x 2
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

thanks for the advice, this is very strange, with levels up to 200, any attack or even without a preliminary attack is enough for the artifact to work, and at level 200 only if you first use the skill (even the previous use of supercharge does not count (although on the test server there is still a bug with seal of protection, so it's different from a live server...).....and as for one attack for WoP, yes, the artifact works exactly like that with single attacks (with skills from the artifact heart of isis only works with the last skill out of 7...but thrice or more... and what's the funniest thing, a regular WOP (or other supercharge) also then triggers the same number of attacks (that's interesting, so conceived or a bug...)
    • Like x 1