Up-Votes Needed Appearance menu bug

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by valiant Villian, Nov 12, 2022.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

After loading three chromas into their slots, when I go to pick between chroma 1,2 or 3, the screen locks up if I use directional pad right. Works fine if you only use directional pad left. And then when it does work using directional pad left, the chromas are listed in the label box with a strange code preceding them. This is after the most recent update.
    PS4 account.
    • Like x 9
  2. Big Will Level 30

Having same issue
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Having save issue. In fact, the Bleed Chroma is referred to as Watermelon. :D
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I posted about this as well. Upvoted.
  5. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

here's an example of Shaded Comic - It's named "DVinylComic" when It's equipped.
    • Like x 2
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I believe these are the file names or the codenames used for them displaying instead of their in-game item names for whatever reason. This is really weird, though Bleed being "Watermelon" is hilarious. Strange glitch and I have no idea what's up with it, but it is kinda interesting seeing some of these file names.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sometimes the look of things evolve...quite a lot over time. ;)

The wrong name showing up has been fixed up internally, but I don't think we have looked into the screen locking up. Any more info or notes if a pattern emerges would be useful.
    • Like x 5
  8. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Pattern is such: go to select colors. Try to scroll through the material selection above the colors. It cannot be done without going back and forth between menu windows or backing out to the style selection menu. On USPS with a controller it doesn't scroll through the 3 options and none option. Perhaps a PC player can chime in to confirm it's also happening for PC.
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

Impassioned chroma was also put in as DVinly_Lantern_Sapphire on ps4 and also lags when trying to switch chroma tabs.
    • Like x 2
  10. DeathBreakerG Level 30

Confirmed all of the above.

Aside from the weird names the d-pad stops responding when trying to shift to a different chroma on a armor piece. It takes a lot of selecting and deselecting the armor piece for the d-pad to scroll properly again. (The d-pad controls the arrows that shift left or right between chromas on an armor piece)

Possibly related (Armor pieces will not load styles on first click/selection. It selects, shows a blank list and then on second selection loads all the styles.)
  11. Nick2322dcuo New Player

Confirmed, any time i go to change a material in the appearance menu it will not go passed the first selection, stuck on material 1 cant alter materials 2 or 3.
  12. Grim931 Committed Player

More to add on this, scrolling through materials actually works if you immediately keep going left... no idea why, but I'm able to cycle through completely in that direction, and it breaks as soon as I go to the right.

Using directional pad only for this on PS5.
  13. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Looks like this won't get fixed because you can scroll to the left... LOL
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Sounds like there's only one RIGHT way to scroll currently! Eh? Eh? ;)
  15. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Its not just the materials in the style menu that become unresponsive, its also the same using the broker with a controller.

95% of the time it stops allowing you to highlight an item to select it. Its like the curser has become detached from the page.

The only way you can then select an item is using the keyboard and mouse. Once you have selected an item with the mouse the curser becomes responsive again and you can use the controller again to scroll down the items for sale. This should be easy to replicate as its seriously 95% of the time not working.