New Powers Idea…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Okay so I was just reading over some people asking about new powers and of course the same people keep asking for Blue Lantern…. So I thought I would try and think of something unique and different. So, here are my two ideas. I’m aware they’re somewhat similar.

ADAPTIVE:
    - player takes on the powers of Ivo’s Android
    - Every single power to choose from is an iconic power of a Justice League / LoD member.
    - I don’t know what support role it would be, but I imagine if it were like a tank, the taunt could be WW lasso… shield could be ice, multi pull could be GL light blast that pulls, self heal could be Shazam lightning… etc. just thinking out loud. SOMETHING like that.

The other power, which could work pretty similarly would be

MALLEABLE:
    - Similar to adaptive, the player mimics iconic hero and villain powers, but the animations would look like the player was clay face transforming the player into an iconic hero or villain with each power move… and what I mean by that, let’s say the character does a “ground pound” the layer activates the power and turns into Superman for the duration of the attack
    - I’m aware that’s asking a lot of animating and probably computing power but I still think it’s a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Mepps, feel free to contact me for more fantastic ideas. Lol
  3. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

LOL ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ
    • Like x 1
  4. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Dang. No discussion here!? Was my idea THAT good?!
  5. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

To be honest i love the idea of copying powers, but if you can choose them freely maybe it'll be too powerfull, what if you add a couple of drawbacks?
    -Instead of chosing from a list, after defeating a boss you'll have the ability to copy a power from him. You'll have to erase one of the powers you already have and put a new one so...you must to choose wisely.
    -The powers will be usable for a limited time (let's say two weeks) so that alt of yours will have to fight from time to time against Superman if you want to continue using the cold breath.
    Almost for me it'll be funny to change powers and it'll be a way to use all the powers and see how they look and how exactly they work.

And just for fun i'll put my idea of a power too (why not?).

Coffee Power, a controller type:
    -The aroma of the power will make your enemies relax and forget what were they doing.
    -Also due to caffeine you could make your enemies run faster and fail their attacks due to not controll properly their moves.
    -For physical attacks you could throw some coffee beans.
    -To recover some health there would be an AMAZING animation in which you drink a cup of coffee.
    -A big cup will be the shield of the user (or maybe it could be use to trap the enemy).
    -And the most important, as everyone knows, to start the day everyone need to drink a cup of coffee before work 'to be a person', so at the beginning of each instance you'll have to use a power ("starting day"?) before hitting an enemy or else your powers will do a 20% less of damage for the rest of the instance (or the next hour or something like that).
  6. Tolly Committed Player

We have lost all hope of seeing a new power in DCUO...
  7. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Can I offer you an egg in this trying time?
    Lol

That’s what I’m trying to create… something kind of generic, and a work around from blue lanterns if there is an issue for paying copyright…. They could basically just use all of the powers they have access to in a creative way.

May be dumb but damn we need SOMETHING.
  8. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

New powers are dead. No new iconics... No new power sets... Only Allies and Artifacts will be added to the game until its very last day. But keep on dreaming, the creativity will definitely bring some giggles! :)
  9. Tolly Committed Player

I don't think that's where the problem lies, for me it's both a staff no longer really capable of creating new power and, above all, a total loss of ambition on the part of the game managers...

I've been convinced since their announcement "that we shouldn't expect a new power anytime soon" and since the numerous requests opened on this forum by the community to have a heal lantern, for my part, this is the reason why, I chose not to contribute regularly to this game!
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

Musical Powers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  11. NcIon2029 New Player

I think a Dail-H for Hero power would probably work too.
    Just take a few abilities from each power toss in a few iconic powers and that's all you need . The tough part is figuring out what role it would be .