Copy/Paste PVP Legends Powers into Iconic Powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheUnderking, Nov 20, 2022.

1. TheUnderking New Player

I mean, probably have to balance it or whatever, but give us them animationnnnnnssss. *smacks/licks lips*
    • Like x 6
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I suggested this a long time ago. People would pay for iconic power packs.
    • Like x 5
  3. Grim931 Committed Player

I also bring this up every chance I get... there's no reason not to and the majority of the work has already been done.

They could make an entirely new fleshed out skill tree with the abundance of powers that could potentially pull from legends. It could be purchased or vary depending on mentor (magic/meta/tech themes). Maybe you unlock one and you can purchase other packs/themes. Could also unlock with Legends marks, giving people a new reason to play those game modes. There's all sorts of things they could do, but the creativity isn't there... like always.

These ideas might gain traction if they could figure out how to put them in a loot chest, but please don't help them with that.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheUnderking New Player

Indeed I would!

Hear hear! They could even call them "mentor powers" if they don't want to bloat the iconic power screen.
    • Like x 1
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Sounds cool but the fact that it hasn't been done yet still while we get other things taking priority. I am hoping in 2023 things change and we get a few surprises :).
  6. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

The only issue i see with this is "What if they become the new meta and powers become useless for dps" for example prec dps. If you can clip insanely fast with iconics then all you need is weapon buff + Robot sidekick + Neovenom and you are pretty much set. it would make powers redundant to prec.
    For might it could also make powers less worthwhile if they become "op" familiar to the superspeed ones at the moment.
    If all of the powers you suggested were to be the same damage as say a level 1 100 cost skill then sure. but anything with any form of damage shouldnt be added imo
    • Like x 1
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

This could definitely be fun. I'd also love to see some of the personalities from some of the Iconics. Like how Catwoman has that sassy stance and twiddles her fingers, Nightwing stands on top of Titans Tower in that sorta "surveying my kingdom" pose with his arms behind his back, Donna Troy stands there with her arms crossed, Raven occasionally does a yoga pose, Brother Warth does the meditation pose, etc.

I like how a few Legends Avatars switch modes between weapons. That could be fun to have for player characters.
    • Like x 2
  8. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

I love the weapon switching on huntress also. i wish we had it as an artifact or something that boosts your damage by abit for a few seconds after you switch. would be very nice to see that
    That prompted me to think about continual weapon combos for prec. I understand locking mastery to 2 weapons but being able for example go to One handed > Solar Flare > Explosive Arrow > 2 Pistols would be nice. i feel alot of unique damage opportunities are there and will really give "Weapons expert" its name sake lol
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Sure there is. DC may have said no to the idea. They aren't always consistent in what they will and won't allow for player use, and not allowing Legends character moves because they're tied to the iconic characters (even though we already have a bunch of iconic powers) could and would be par for the course.

There's also the possibility that it's a design decision to keep some uniqueness tied into those characters, possibly to help promote character use.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)

I would love to be able to teleport and make a copy of my chartacter like Circe does.

Or throw Batarangs like Batman does.

Or Bizarro's ice vision.... or his flame breath.

:)
    • Like x 2
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

You'd think they would've said something by now if it was a hard "no" from DC... so yet again, there's no real reason not to implement it.

We have heat vision, frost breath, and an extremely dumbed down version of "super strength"... about as "iconic" as it gets. I don't see them putting a lock on the other side characters for that reason alone. Plus a Dev has already come forward with wanting to expand this tree, think it was one that left, but still it was mentioned. There was never any mention of DC intervention or any substance to what you brought up.
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

We do have Batarang Flurry Shot or whatever it was called, but the rest would be great. Be cool to see a carnival or circus esque character that's a fire spitter or something. Plus, it would be cool for a fire toon to be able to both fire heat vision from the eyes and breathe fire (actually that'd be cool on my character that's a dragon even though she's not fire) and ice toons to be able to do the same but with ice/snow.

It's also cool how some Legends characters can swap movement modes and don and remove jetpacks.
  13. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Love this idea. We need iconic powers expanded.
    • Like x 1
  14. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Common DCUO neglect

When theres a window to expand the depth and options of powers, that window will be ignored everytime.

Its going to be 2023 soon. Weve been asking for how long already? Alot of people just lose complete interest. Same rotations.

Expand not only iconic but regular power sets.
  15. GermanM Committed Player

This is already happening here, most of presicion players only use the superspeed tree.
  16. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I believe it is not as easy as copy and pasting something in Windows. Some coding has to take place with the stats but it should not be something impossible. I don't see why they're not paying attention to powers and iconic characters. They have most likely got the license of these characters from DC, that's why we are allowed to have them in the game.
    Anyway this is an old conversation and we always get the same answer, no plans for new powers and legends. So I'm leaving it like how it's been more than a year that I've left the game.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I and many people have suggested this. There are several Legends animations that could just be put in the iconics tree. Like Two-Face's spray, Hal's strafing run, robin's staff spin, or Arkillo's ground pound. Would at least open the game a bit more since we don't have new powers.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I was putting forward hypotheticals more than anything else, and DC saying no IS a potential reason for the devs not implementing it.

DC owns the license. What they say, goes. If they say no to something proposed by players or the dev team, there isn't a single thing we can do about it. It'd be a different matter if the game was Dimensional Ink/Daybreak's own intellectual property, but that's not the case. We are at the mercy of the whims of DC and their decision making, and if they decide to be contradictory in not allowing new iconic powers even though (as I pointed out in my post) we already have a bunch of powers based off of iconic characters? *shrug* Oh well.

And don't even get me started on the whole "super strength" arguments, that's a whole other rant. LOL