New on duty ‘Favorites’

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Nov 19, 2022.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

How does this work? I obviously know how to set them, but how do they benefit us, am I missing something? I still get the same terrible instances I want to avoid in omni, even with favorites set. Am I missing how this is supposed to work or am I not doing something right?
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Favorites tab has nothing to do with Omnibus, as far as I know. All it is is a handy list of the instances you queue the most, so you don't have to scroll through all the lists to find them.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As said above its more of a convenience things for the players. You can basically set everything you normally run as favorite so you can que into faster without having to scroll.

For example, I currently have the elite solo, and alert set as favorite and then have the raids I like doing that are in omnibus set up. When I’m farming for source marks I’ll highlight “raids” to que all the raids or when I’m doing dailies I’ll que the solo and or alert to make it go faster then scrolling through the tiers.
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Eh, ok. Looks like I’m destined to decline Scarlet speedster solo, coast city alert and fos 2 until the end of time.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bah Scarlet Speedster isn't that bad. Equip a shield and you can blow through most of the inside, killing adds only by the puzzle I think the only thing that ticks me off about it is when they come in to dogpile you after Red Death, you used to be able to just leave off the scorecard. Now you need to go out the portal, which you can't so you have to take the death or fight them all. The death is faster.

4 min in and out with 2 potential 'money' drops from collections.

But yeah...forget Coast City and FOS2....ain't no-one got time for those.
  6. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I still hate this new UI with a passion. It’s terrible. By design and implementation. It’s so busy and just a nightmare to navigate.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't mind it as much if it weren't so needlessly slow. Whatever is making it so slow, the big useless graphic in the middle, it auto refreshing the people who are queued or not queued or some other thing, it takes so long to move around and then ready up...especially in a group of 8...it's aggravating.

For solo use, it's reasonably responsive, but once it's a full group, forget it. I was hoping the fixes yesterday were to address that....guess not.

And as far as the 'favorites'? Meh, I've added the current solo/alert/raids....not sure that saves a TON of time or effort, especially as for the alert and raids, if I'm queuing in or group lead...it's not even needed. I suppose if I were still feat hunting things like in solos, or needed feats in random raids (yeah...there's a few, but i'm not queuing them on the regular)...I could see this helping. i.e. a new player who needed a bunch of repeat solo/duo feats like the 100 iconics, or 250 bottle duos....where you'd run them every day...it might be handy.
  8. Omega91 Well-Known Player

I fail to see how this could get confused.

You have any instances you do repeatedly? Favorite those and you can get to them quicker than searching through all the tiers.

I use it for SOBA and Source Mark raids as of right now.
  9. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

10. Omega91 Well-Known Player

Very mature.

Get ignored.
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Mission accomplished. :)