Rest in Peace, Batman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 11, 2022.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Wtf Words can not express how sad this makes me feel omg I'm tearing up. I just have to remember and say this to myself and for all of us to see and that is death is a natural part of life and this process and that we all will see him again when our time comes, But this still blows .
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Honestly, i think the highest form of respect and homage is to leave his completed voicelines in the game as is.
    • Like x 9
  3. Avianger Active Player

RIP Batman
    • Like x 2
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I am hoping for this too - would only be fitting
    • Like x 4
  5. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Sure hope it’s not. I don’t know Kevin one bit, but would like to think he wouldn’t want the character he voiced so well to just end. It is awful that he died, but it’s odd that they just let Joker seemingly die off when Hammil ‘retired’ from the voice. Batman is arguably the most important character in the history of comics. This Kevin Conroy death is absolutely heartbreaking, but Batman must live on.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

he still lives,
    in every uttered word,
    in your fading memories.

the sound of his voice
    will echo across generations
    and it will continue
    to bring joy, wonder, anticipation and excitement.

As long as the games are played,
    the series are watched,
    as long as the batman exists,
    he will be remembered.

he still lives.
    • Like x 3
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A little goofy, but a fun way to remember him.

• Like x 5
  8. Helderman Dedicated Player

Diedrich Bader could be the perfect replacement in future episodes

RIP Kevin Conroy
    • Like x 1
  9. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Fans across generations are grieving this loss. RIP Kevin Conroy.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Mister Hando Active Player

RIP Batman ! :(
    Always the Best !
    • Like x 5
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

:(
    • Like x 6
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Bruce Wayne isn't the only Batman. Other characters have been Batman in the comics including Dick Grayson.

We also haven't had Batman Beyond in an episode yet. (besides an easter egg in the Rise of the Bat alert)

Regarding Bruce Wayne's Batman, during the Dark Knights episode he had a Black Lantern ring. What the DCUO writers do with that is TBD but it would imply that Bruce Wayne is dead and being kept alive only by the Black Lantern ring.

Time will tell what will happen with Batman in future animated TV/film/video games (not just DCUO) and who will voice him.
    • Like x 2
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

I love Kevin Conroy's Batman, but he hasn't been the only voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman for quite a while now. Diedrich Bader and Troy Baker are solid in the voiceover space. How many Doctors have we had? How many James Bonds? The character is iconic and will be passed on to another actor. That doesn't diminish Conroy's work in the slightest.

I do think we haven't had much Joker/Batman specific content because, well...we were OVERLOADED with them for a long time. DC has TONS of material to pull from.
    • Like x 5
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I ran the three batcave raids in order, they all popped pretty quick so I expect a lot of people had the same idea
    • Like x 4
  15. Azraelasitgets New Player

Kevin Conroy's passing brought tears to even The Joker's eyes. The guy was a legend, and it'll be hard to find another like him.

Rest in peace, old friend. Welcome to the Hall of Legends.
    • Like x 4
  16. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

He had a black lantern ring until Perpetua was defeated and then he went back to the way he was prior to his “undeath” just like in the comics (minus the Perpetua part since she got put down much earlier than that in the comic)
    • Like x 2
  17. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I turned 30 last month and, now they they take my batman from me.
    It would be quiet a poetic/symbolic ending of childhood if it weren't so sad.

Innevitable for us all but 66 is far too young
    • Like x 4
  18. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

quite** I couldnt ignore the typo
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Makes it even more sad that Batman day was skipped this year. Rest in peace Mr. Conroy
    • Like x 2