I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Aw :(

I’m sorry to hear your aren’t enjoying Khandaq. At first I wasn’t too sure about it, but now I’m liking it, even the alert.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Sure Reinheld
  3. Proxystar #Perception

None of what I've said requires a player to min-max, it just requires a player to engage their brain.

[IMG]
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm ok with it. I haven't done the alert or raids much, mainly just the open world & solo ( 16 toons takes up a bit of time ), but I've enjoyed it so far. the raids were nice & quick, & relatively drama free. lot of pick ups ( no, don't fly away from him! ). but fun enough. don't remember a lot about the alert. lot of corridors, I think? the open world's been fairly jumping ( which is why I've been running it on the full 16 toons, & no doubt that'll decrease somewhat as time passes & everyone starts finding other stuff to do ). but, yeah, so far so good. &, hey! after all these years, I finally get to see Mary in-game! so chuffed!
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I, for one, always offered to remove gear or hold back on the powers if I ever entered a raid or alert or even duo where I was the over-powered one. always. & not once did anyone ever take me up on the offer. not once. & I was never in a group where anyone ever complained about the over-powered guy doing all the heavy lifting. never. the big bad mean old beastie player coming in & ruining the authentic experience of the little guys was only ever a forum thing. no one ever gave a toss in-game. all they wanted was to get the job done & get out of there[/quote]

I get you don't like the clamp, you aren't alone.. but I just find this post confusing

If it was a non issue, why ask every single time? It never came up but you asked every time, that is a lot of asking you did for a non issue - i've asked here and there years ago but barely ran old stuff so not really an issue.. i barely ran it because i didnt need to.. not sure why all of us end gamers would run anything old (feats, like you said, were done in pre made.. I guess that leaves counter feats and styles??) - Going back to Elite stuff for renown but that is a seperate 200 page topic lol

When you did ask, you'd have to understand, new people would have 0 clue what you are asking and have no clue how to respond.. the few lazy ones wouldn't care i'm assuming so of course, for the times you did ask, they wouldn't care but, to be fair, the lazy ones would agree with you.. but again not the point you or i are discussing

It is still super easy on old stuff for us old timers, so not sure what the issue is - just play and move on.. now at least the new guy starting tomorrow can actually enjoy the game to SOME degree

Actually it did happen sometimes, do not discount others' experiences just because you do not agree .. they didn't ask me to remove gear etc (they were new/ish they didn't get what all that meant) but they'd comment that the content was lame, boring etc - which was because half of the raids' group was obliterating things before they barely got in a few mins of combat. They'd blame the content etc but, in reality (in my opinion) it was because they were rendered useless by overpowered players and so got no journey, no challenge, no mechanics etc etc just a reward.. some want the journey, the immersion etc - contrary to some weird belief, some actually like that stuff and not all are lazy
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

manners.

not to me. & never to any group that I was ever in. not one single time. & telling me not to discount other people's experiences is a bit rich, mate. discounting other people's experiences & shouting them down is the entirety of the Pro-Clampers raison d'etre. & if it did happen, &, again, it never happened with any group I was ever in, it never ever happened anywhere near enough that the entire system needed to be f***ed over to fix it.

the clamp has done nothing for the "community" in this game. not that we ever really had a "community" to begin with. it's always been the same. the big guys looking down on the little guys. git gud. the only difference since the clamp came in is that now they get to hide their self-importance behind a glossy new veneer of " think about the new players! " they don't give a toss about the new players. they don't give a toss about other people's experiences. all they care about is showing off to a bunch of rando lowbies in-game.

& as far as me & the clamp go, I just don't participate. honestly, this last year or so, I've pulled away from almost all group content, except the occasional instance just to clear it from me journal. the "community" in this game sucks.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Good on you.. wish more ppl had manners in this game

I'm not here as a representative of every single pro clamper.. I was simply replying/stating my opinion - don't vent every frustration you have about the clamp (or opinions of it you don't like) on me.. for stating my opinion

Clamp opinions are varied as shades of grey.. please don't lump me in with others when i've stated a polite opinion

We will have to disagree on this one.. sure there are ppl like this in the game and I despise them but you now what? Not everyone who sees the clamp as ok is a bad person (and vice versa) nor are we all one entity as a "community" - your bad experiences are not the only experiences you've had nor are they the only experiencres we have all had.. nor are they experiemncres of new players you have never met.. if they were noone would play

You obviously needed to.. been there b4 and totally undersatand but again, i am just a guy stating his opinion.. we are all seeing it differently.. this us vs them, clamp stuff is getting old - every person in this thread has a different solution and noone seems happy or ever will be[/quote]
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you know who I'm talking about, bruv, &, trust me, it's not you. you, at least, for the most part, have the virtue of not being a complete arrogant dick towards anyone who might dare to share a different opinion to you ( & you get props for that alone ), but, sadly, that does not apply to the usual suspects.

& the us vs them thing has been going on in the game for years. the only difference now is they get to hide behind their righteousness & pretend to care about other people.
    • Like x 3
  9. Cristoffer New Player

This is just one of this things that is so easy to fix.
    Make normal, Veteran, Master on old content. People that doing it for old feats can enjoy it. You can also give people feats for doing it on harder difficulty.
    • Like x 4
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

nope! nope! nope! no compromise! git gud!
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe the clamp has been one of the most divisive decisions ever made to this game. When it (the Stat Clamp) was introduced with game update 116, I lost a friend whom I thought was a close friend over our differences in regards to the clamp. My attempts to reconcile have been rebuffed by him over & over. So be it. That was my folly thinking he was a friend to start with, I guess I was in a one sided friendship.

The Clamp was implemented on the premise of improving the longevity and quality of the game play for new / returning player, and to be somewhat challenging yet not trivializing to high CR End Game players who worked hard to earn those stats.

I believe the clamp has achieved its primary goal in regards to new / returning players at the expense of high CR End Game players, and more impact fully, at the expense some friendships, and the expense of a civil dialogue. I know there are certain individuals I care not to ever have another dialogue with ever again simply from how I have been treated by them here.

If you like the clamp, good for you. Enjoy EEG. Have fun. If you dislike the clamp, avoid EEG if at all possible. Enjoy the End Game content we have. Go back to Doomed Washington and see how much you have progressed. Find your fun elsewhere outside of EEG, it's what I have done.

Both sides of this debate are entrenched in their beliefs. I don't know if reconciliation is possible at this point. Even if reconciliation were attempted, I would doubt the sincerity of their intent simply for how I have been demonized and insulted for wanting to keep more of what I have already earned.

The Clamp isn't going away. The Clamp isn't getting adjusted any further. No amount of voicing concerns or displeasure are going to change anything. There are literally 209 pages now, all of this is falling a deaf ears.
    • Like x 3
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I hate the clamp ,i've always hated the clamp and i will always hate the clamp and if it were up to me i would remove it completely but its not so i simply ask for the clamp to be optional instead of forced.
    • Like x 5
  13. Dene Devoted Player

I know you are being sarcastic and joking but, to the devs credit, I think they did listen a lot and compromised a lot

I just think a split/optional system is useless, it is a productivity time sink, defeating the purpose of the reason it exists and unravels the point of the clamp

how is optional going to address power creep etc ?
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't have the answers, man. I wanted adjustable queues.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly the most interesting run is the NU raid, but all the doorways that are too thin to accommodate the dopey NPCs that seem to jam up in it every run, gets annoying as everyone is trying to speed towards the next set of adds to make sure they 'top the board', especially if I'm tanking. And I get tired of picking up bodies left in the lava...cause even after a year of the clamp...people still don't know how to roll out of damaging pools or know Lava=Bad.

Yeah, open world IS nice to look at(although a re-used map), but the bug squashing and 3 missions that are pretty much all exactly the same is not all that engaging. Not sure why it's not just 'kill 75 enemies' and rewards 3x the loot on a single mission?....it's the same mission. Oh...but wait...I forgot there IS a bounty spam...It's been so long since we had one of those.:rolleyes:

SIDE NOTE: I was on last night for a while, mostly because a guy I run with was getting his wife back into the game and we were catching her up to speed on some stuff. Again, if not for the people I run with, I'd probably have bailed by now.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Noone has the answers.. hence the 200+ pages :/
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Well it’s free to have opinions and everything is on the table is you don’t see time or money (resources) as a constraint.

There’s also an uncomfortableness that comes with change, whatever it may be, that people tend to want to revert to old habits. They’ll adapt over time, as needed, to suit their needs.
    • Like x 2
  18. C3alix Committed Player

Why not be able to use source marks to buy two special rings (250each) that allows your character's stats to *break through* the clamp? Obviously each tier will have their own set of rings, which would prevent anyone from doing whatever they want to do with any set of rings.

Or maybe add another level to white modes and have one called "extra penetration socket" (shhh....just stick with it) that does more damage than needed? The kicker would be it has to be timed-based, so you're constantly refilling it.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm cracking myself up with all the responses to this one that will get me trouble.
    • Like x 3