The Power of a Giant

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Belfast, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

No, you're quite right!

There was a trinket early on (before Utitlity Belts had been introduced) that gave you giant size. As I recall, they got rid of it because people kept getting stuck in the environment.

Probably why it's limited to certain environments now?
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I suppose if they are going to avoid making a whole powerset, maybe they should look into making single powers for the iconics tree. Things like this could be a one off power that works like "X" power, but everyone can do it and it scaled their character. I don't see it being a huge problem for the styles either, like a new body type would do, as it is just scaling your character. As Zoe pointed out, we had those artifact weapons in Necropolis that enlarged our character. There are also shrinking being done in various places, like in COU.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Some trinkets and other transformations also can make you a wildly different size. Man-Bat was changed to keep your character's body type and size, but things like the Gotham University mentor missions when you have Etrigan hold onto your soul and you become a zombie for a bit can make you quite massive. Always found it funny when my tiny characters of the smallest possible body option would suddenly quadruple in mass upon handing over their souls. There's also the mission where you become Spectre for a moment (though it seems to be broken now for me since I get turned into him, the cutscene plays, and I switch back immediately as I go to finish off Eclipso). Several other mission and trinket forms are utterly massive or utterly tiny as well. Like the brine shrimp things in the Atlantis alert (shudder). Or turning into a big gorilla either through trinket, race, or mentor mission.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

If i recall correctly panderus once answered me that taller characters are possible but wider ones would be more of a problem.
  6. Belfast New Player

Thank you all for the answers, it's interesting for me to read your reasoning on this topic because I'm still new to this game, but I've been familiar with the universe for a long time.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

IIRC that was about body types. Because of how this game was built on character style customization, new body types are very difficult to add. They would have to adjust thousands of styles to make them work with the new build.
    • Like x 1
  8. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Isnt there a fight in that legion ep open world, when you fight some boss, that your character can get bigger and you still fight like that??
    I rly think this power shouldnt be that hard to put in game at this point, especially as few iconic powers. Like supercharge you get bigger for 10-15 sec and your stats increase. And few powers like you get bigger and stomp with your foot or smash with your hands. It would also be nice to have some shrinking powers.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

I personally wouldn't want an Iconic Power for Giants....I don't think this is something that anyone can have...

To ME - it would ruin canon in the game.

My favorite power in the game is LIGHT. I am a Green Lantern in game as my main. There are no such things as Giant Lanterns, I'm sorry lol.
  10. Belfast New Player

Are you not confused by a lantern with an icy breath?
  11. Controller Devoted Player

I've learned to live with that in the game - as well as Lanterns with Heat Vision?

But a Giant Lantern? That's hard for me to wrap my hands around lol.
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I mean, maybe they're an alien that has that natural ability as a trait of their alien race.
    • Like x 2
  13. Belfast New Player

+
  14. Grim931 Committed Player

Mogo wants to have a word with you... being the size of a planet is about as giant as it gets.

In all seriousness, considering our powers are granted via exobytes, there's literally no reason why we cannot have any power in the game. It's already set this up to be canon from the beginning, and they state in one of the briefings that we have all of their powers and none of there weaknesses.
    • Like x 4
  15. Controller Devoted Player

Mogo RULES....Love having a PLANET on your side as a Green Lantern. Yellow Lantern Ranx is cool, too. BOTH, IIRC - are in this game DCUO.

While your answer "AT FACE VALUE" is correct there are no "Humanoid" Giant Lanterns in Comic Lore, and no we can't count Kilowog, lol.

If I'm wrong then show me a comic panel, lol.

Seeing myself grow in size as humanoid Lantern is acceptable in this game - as far as using artifacts in the Necropolis raid. But other than THAT it wouldn't be canon...

I "DO" know that DCUO HAS deviated from "Canon" before but PLEASE don't do it with a Giant Power as an ICONIC power. I'd rather they just go ahead and give us Giant POWER set, perhaps as a Tank, rather than give us an Iconic power where ANYONE in the game, regardless of powerset, can become a Giant.

That's just my two cents. I wouldn't quit the game seeing ANYONE and EVERYONE with a Giant Iconic power but still that would be a bit odd.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Sure.

As I said to Grim931 show me a Comic Panel with a humanoid Giant Lantern and we can talk, lol.

And I'm not talking about Kilowog.
  17. Controller Devoted Player

And NO don't give me that "Well The Lilliputians are tiny folk......to THEM Hal Jordan and John Stewart are Giants".......lol.

And NO - don't give me that "Well, KEVIN HART is TINY....to HIM John Stewart and Hal Jordan are Giants" lol.

[IMG]

Just no...no...no....my take personally.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You forgot about the Mad God Sector 3600! Doesn't get more gigantic than an entire SPACE SECTOR, encompassing countless galaxies, each with the potential to have TRILLIONS of planets! ;)
  19. Controller Devoted Player

This is a bit of a stretch....even to the likes of Elongated Man, Plastic Man and even Mr. Fantastic.[IMG]

Keep REACHING, though lol:D
    • Like x 1
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

A little more down to Earth is Green Lantern: Circa 2029. Apparently seen only in the story "The Last Days of Animal Man", this GL is a WHALE! Not a DCUO Player that spends WAAAAY too much money on lootboxes, but an actual ocean-dwelling mammal of unusually large size!

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 2