RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I know 5K reapers has generally always held the title, but I'm thinking scarabs may now steal the crown. Joined a group the other night and spent about 2 hours flying around Khandaq looking for the little buggers and got to the 1/2 way point, the 351 feat. Why is this worse? Well 3 reasons.
    Shared credit area. Assuming you are working in a group for both feats, every kill in the park counts for a reaper count.....due to the large map size, not every scarab will count for everyone in the group.

Respawn rate. The reapers respawn constantly. A well placed group of 8 people wouldn't even need to move to rack up their kills. For the scarabs, if you sat in an area, it might be a minute or more before they respawn. I was honestly getting dizzy by the time I bailed out gong around in circles

Need for attention. Let's face it...you could close your eyes and work on reapers, and while that's not exciting work, it does make it a bit easier to do while doing something else. As you need to move constantly and step directly on the scarabs, you do have to put SOME attention on what you are doing.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to re-do reapers BUT if I did have to do it, I think I'd take that over another one like this new one.
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Naw, I still miss them reapers #RememberTheReapers.

Took me only like an hour with 6-7 folks once we found a good phase (where no one else was doing it, was only 7 phases to choose from sadly). I even stayed an extra 30 mins to help out, it wasn't so bad. 10/10 should have been 5000 scarabs ;)
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

(start the embedded video with the music for the full effect of this post)

Dearest Annabelle, I'm on hour four of hunting bugs in Khandaq. The counter says I'm nearly finished, but at what cost? I haven't seen my family, or a YouTube video, all day...nor do I know when I'll see any of you again. It takes all of my concentration. My bug hunting unit must huddle together for credit, but it may actually be for the sheer company. Oh, the loneliness these plains engender...the thought of your lovely face is the only thing that keeps me going forward. Will this madness never stop? I had thought this senseless feat counter reached its apex with the reapers, but here we are again, just a short time later. Will the folly of man never end?

With the humor out of the way, yeah. This one has been a bit of a pain. I'm trying to limit it to popping them while I'm doing the dailies and then I'll wrap up what's left towards the end of the cycle, since hunting them for an hour was just mind-numbing. There should be more spawns at that point, since people aren't mindlessly flying around in circles getting them before I do...
    • Like x 8
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

paradox reapers > scarabs
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Similar to the Reaper Feat. Its a generalized "Overtime" feat. Im sure without the need to farm it, during its lifetime of being considered "End Game content" before moving to the Omnibus, folsk will be able to complete the feat. This one isnt the worst. Clow and steady will win the race similar to the Reapers. Albeit yes, killing Reapers is faster than the scarabs.
    • Like x 3
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, I'd rather solo the Princes (again) than do Reapers (again)
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

It's going faster when all people are actively searching the scarabs. I just made sure no one in my group was afk.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but is anyone going to do it that way? Generally I do complete grind feats over time, but this one (similar to the reapers) knocking out 10 a day while you do dailies for 2+ months is not really that attractive.

If done solo though....over time...reapers would still be worse unless you have no idea where some scarab spawns are and had to search every time.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

The shared range needs to be bigger. The map isn't "THAT" big, but you have to be really close to get credit. I was running with leaguemates and it wasn't counting. :(

They should up the spawns of them too, make the place like Joe's Apartment or a dive motel in the valley. Covered in beetles.
    • Like x 3
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I don't understand this obsession with getting these "over time" feats in one day... I expect I'll have this one done by the time the next DLC comes out just by stomping a few bugs each time I do dailies in the open world. It's not really that many bugs when I can easily get five or six while barely trying just going after the bandits.
    • Like x 13
  11. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

This is about where my head is on a fair few of these. It seems clear to me the grind feats are intended to give a player a little extra to do to help motivate dailies, and for the most part that’s how I’ve tended to pace myself on them. Mind you these kinds of feats are much more onerous in older content (I still don’t have that last Reaper feat), but in context, I find it helps keep me motivated.
    • Like x 3
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

5 or 6 means 140 days or 117....have fun down there for the next 4-5 months. Personally I stop running dallies after a point in a DLC (generally AFTER all these kinds of feats are done) as I find them boring. Squashing a few bugs won't add that much excitement.

BTW....when this DLC is a year old, will anyone come down and do these dailies for even more than 10 or 20 days? Getting them as a group will almost be mandatory once the DLC falls out of EG and the bad credit range and slower spawns will still be there then.

Not saying you can't do it that way, just saying MOST will probably do it as a group, and as a group it's a worse feat than even reapers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Weren't reapers at least part of a daily? For scarabs, I kinda have to go out of my way to get them while doing my dailies since no mission requires squishing them... eww...
    • Like x 3
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't feel like it was that bad.

Obviously, just an activity you should do in between queues or when there's nobody else to play with.

It would've helped to create a narrative or further, a reason to smash those little guys.
    If they'd drop a material like exo-material but for episode-specific items, it would feel like it had some purpose other than just grinding that feat.

I was also thinking about asking for exo-material to be farmed that way. By simply going close to it without having to activate it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it was funny, at one point I was passed lead (against my will) and was stopping every minute to type in shout and LFG 'need bodies for scarabs'. Some guy puts in chat that I was just squatting repeatedly...'kick him'. I'm like 'bruh....I'm lead...I need to shout for bodies.' He left a min later....whatevs.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or add a few 'queen' sized beetles that count for 10. Make all that flying/running around the map worth the effort when you come across one, even if you are out of range or solo.
    • Like x 2
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

For me, finding Cheetah in Themyscira was worse than this and the Reapers
    • Like x 5
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ha! That was only 9x. I'd rather find her another 90x before I finish the bugs OR reapers. She's only got like 9-10 spawn points and she's always in one of them. You just need to know the route.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe it's time people rethink how they handle stuff like that.
    • Like x 1
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...me and a friend (she knows all the spots)who was helping me getting that feat...were searching for her for over an hour. And i only needed to find her 6 times. Never again.
    This bugs feat goes faster that it seems. Did it with a group while also doing the Bounty feat.

But...like i said, thats just for me.
    • Like x 2