Up-Votes Needed Why is it Necessary to Open Daily Rewards Menu?

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Oct 27, 2022.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife missed one day opening the rewards menu, but she has not missed a day at all this month logging in. She is now on day 5 of the bonus days instead of day 6. This should be fixed.

I know she should be at day 6 because I am at day 7 due to another bug with the rewards, and I log in at the same times she does.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have to log in within a certain time frame to get credit. Like I have to log in at 12 PM EST or sometime after in order to get credit for the day. If I log in and stop playing anytime before noon I don't get credit.
    • Like x 2
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Something is not adding up - you don't have to open the daily rewards menu for it to count as a login...
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I think it's at the same time as mission resets before the actual server reset/daily maintenance. Around 3 AM for me.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's counter to what I said but ok.
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

How is that counter to what you said in any way? Because I said a different time? I was just saying what time it is *for me* because timezone stuff. And that it seems to line up with the "day" reset when missions reset (not the server reset/daily maintenance, just the day ticking over), at least from what I can tell.
  7. myandria Item Storage

When you log in, you are credited for the reward; however, when you claim the reward, that is when the timer starts. If one person opens up their claim window early in the morning and another person opens up their claim window in the evening the difference will be a day, even if those two people log in the game at the same time. I have tested this out extensively with my husband, as he plays as well. The claim timer resets 24 hours after the last time you opened the claim window, so that can change if you opened the window at a different time each day. For example, I have opened my claim window for the second time today and I have 9hrs 50min to wait until my claim resets for the next day, which will be between 8-9am. If I wait until 12 hours to log in and open the claim window, then that time is pushed back.

So, in order for two people to be equal with claim days, they will have to log in AND open the claim window around the same time frame, according to what I have been experiencing.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I said
    . Loot locks reset around 4 AM my time. If I log in at 4 AM and log out at 5 AM, I don't get credit for the day. If I log in at 10 AM which is after daily maintenance and log out at 11 AM, I don't get credit for the day. I have to make a conscious effort to log in sometime after 12 PM to get credit for the day.
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Server? Platform?

On EU PS/PC you just need to login between 6pm day 1 and 6pm day2 (CET). The 1 day extra "glitch" happens when you log in the 1st between server is up after daily shutdown (around 6am for us) and relog after 6pm still on the 1st, then you get day 2 while it is still the 1st.

You only need to actually open the Menu, if you log in before 6pm, somehow avoids a crash, then log out after 6pm and don't relog before 6pm the next day.

With a relog, it always updates itself. If you stay logged in, open the menu to see if you got credit, 50% of the time you do, the other 50% you need to relog.

PS: 50% is a semi-random number I pulled out of my rng machine.
    • Like x 1
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Dude.... I was just pointing out timezones and that what time o'clock it is at that moment depends on where you are and for me it's 3 AM. It's not contradictory, it's just timezones. This doesn't need to be a fight. There's no actual disagreeance or contradiction here. Just people being in different parts of the country and different parts of the world and therefor having different time o'clock at a given moment. I'm not contradicting you at all. I just live somewhere else from you.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What timezone are you in so I can explain it to you with pictures because you're not reading what I'm saying?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We are not on two separate sides of the planet, this has nothing to do with the difference in time zones. If I don't log in within those times highlighted in green, I miss a day. That is the window of what many people are experiencing. You said you think it's at the same time as mission resets before daily maintenance which is several hours before the claim window. Make better sense now?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

9am pacific. Also, if you don't stay logged in for a long enough time it doesn't register. Happened a few times on my switch and alt account. I logged in right next to the free mark, got the mark and logged out. Didn't get credit. So I now load the rewards menu then log out.
    • Like x 2
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

She is logging into USPS/PC servers at the exact same time every day: 7:52 PM MDT, 6:52 PM PDT. I know because that was when the 24 hours reset for the candy buckets. Rewards reset at 10:00 AM MDT, 9:00 AM PDT. She has claimed her candy buckets every 24 hours all week, but one day did not register with the Daily Rewards system.

I always open the Daily Rewards to make sure it registers that I logged in that day. She forgot to do so one day, and that day was likely when it didn't register. According to the game, she somehow claimed her candy buckets all week but missed a day of logging in. I'd like to know how that would be possible.

I suspect that is what happened to her. She logged in, claimed her candy buckets, and logged out without opening the Daily Rewards claim window. She was on for only a brief time, so the game didn't register her being online other than to get the candy buckets.

When paying for membership and making sure to log in daily to get rewards, it would be nice if the rewards system actually registered those events correctly.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

It's probably just loading order, but it definitely is a little frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are not supposed to have to, but as someone who gets on multiple accounts, I can tell you this is not 100% working. I've had 1 account that I forgot to claim on one day, come up a day short as compared to 2 or 3 others where I did do the claim, even though I hit all of them all the same days.

It DOES work most of the time...not sure why sometimes it does not. I've had several times where I didn't actually claim things, but the next day I have 2 days available to claim....as it should be...but unfortunately the opposite is true.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's not the same time as 3AM loot reset. It's 8 hours later, 3 hours AFTER maintenance reset currently, or 11AM CT. After we go back to 'regular' time, it will be 2 hours after maintenance, or 10AM CT (assuming DST is still active....is that still a thing?). Also, if you log in BEFORE 11AM (say on Tuesday), and do NOT change toons or get DC'd (so you need to come BACK in)....you could go all the way till the next day's maintenance reboot and NOT get credit for 'logging in' for Tuesday. The 'log in' activity has to happen between 11AM (10AM if DST is off) and 11AM the next day to get credit.

Trust me, I do this on a dozen accounts every day. It happens exactly at 11AM CT. If you log in at 1050AM, run for 10 min, then go back to the character select screen, and come back in....boom....it's the 'next' day. You do have to go out and back in though...it is not like loot reset where it will happen right before your eyes like magic.

As I said in my other post though....if you do NOT open the screen...it does seem to sometimes 'miss' a day. This is NOT how it's supposed to work, but yeah....opening the screen is better than not, but it does not change the time of the reset either way.
  18. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Yeah I've noticed this and it's really stupid. I missed a couple of days simply because Ive logged in before but forgot it wasn't "time" yet. They should just have it automatically reset when lootlocks reset as well.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It should not be necessary to open the window. I suspect it does have something to do with not being logged in long enough for something to register, but that's speculation.

Moving this over to bugs so we can get it looked at.
    • Like x 7
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

On console at least, there is a substantial delay when logging in where you can grab the daily free mark from Lex/Adam, whoever. In that same time, it can sometimes take a minute (no joke) for the 'claim' screen to come up, all the while everything else is moving around you just fine. That delay can be even longer if there are pop up notifications loading, i.e. for the new episode or a seasonal/bb/new capsule.

I'd guess most people 'missing' the day are ones who grab their free coin, but do not wait long enough that the claim screen would have fully loaded in.