On duty menu

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hotgirlzz, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

There are a lot of us having problems resetting our raids, alerts, ect from on duty. It's hard to get it to reset until you go in the missions. I don't know about everyone else but I know a lot of us in my league like the way the on duty use to be.
    • Like x 7
  2. Ozman Well-Known Player

There are two existing threads about this.
  3. myandria Item Storage

The only way I know to reset raids is to go into the custom menu, choose the raid you want to reset (make sure it's highlighted) then scroll down the middle picture until you get to the bottom; that is where the reset option is hidden.
  4. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Scrolling is pretty much impossible on console. The UI is very unfriendly on controller.
    • Like x 8
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It's a mess.
    • Like x 4
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think it's penchant for adding either random runs, or leaving runs you selected previously....or in my case last night....yesterday, is the most annoying thing. I was queued for the solo just to knock it out....after it took a long time to pop (for a solo) it finally did....for the Starro Alert. Something I ran in Omni the day before.

Fun.
    • Like x 3
  7. Leonite Well-Known Player

You can click on the "red" icon (left of the heart favorite icon) anywhere to reset. Easy on the PC but probably not on PS.
    • Like x 1
  8. The_fair_1 Committed Player

We need to get an option to either use the new on duty or the one that actually works. I already hated the “updated” menu last time and somehow they managed to make a bad thing even worse… how much will it take for us to get the original menu back for consoles? The new one is just horribly designed
    • Like x 4
  9. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Well I'm glad to see it's not just us. But I hope the devs see this and respond. I know they have a lot on their plates right now, but this needs fixed.
    • Like x 2
  10. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

At this point, the less I use the on duty menu, the better experience I have in this game. I hope those UI fixes helped others because none of them focused on making it any more playable on console from what I can see.
    • Like x 3
  11. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Threads will exist as long as horrible interfaces and barriers to playing the game in an efficient and enjoyable manner exist
    • Like x 2
  12. myandria Item Storage

I know; I'm on the console (PS4) and I have a hard time scrolling down that picture to reset; it is a hot mess.
    • Like x 3
  13. Tolly Committed Player

not to mention a kind of lag/freeze ? even more important than the previous menu
    • Like x 1
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Honestly the only way to do it to be sure you don't make a mistake that costs you is to wait until you're inside the instance, and do it from the instance menu.

Doing it from the on duty menu can be tearfully expensive
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That’s cause this new stuff is trash. PlayStation users get no love.

Here’s an example: just to queue something up, I have to unqueue the previous item played, every time! #trash
    • Like x 3
  16. Achikah All About That Base

PS4 controller used here, and I can concur, the UI is extremely frustrating. Not only is it a mess to navigate in general through scrolling, it's extremely laggy too, making it doubly infuriating.

I've also noticed that when I'm queued in as well, I can't organize my inventory, as if my Triangle and Square buttons are locked or unresponsive. I also get errors saying "Failure to update queue" after unqueueing from instance I didn't mean to queue for to the right ones... It's been a real nightmare since this thing dropped.
    • Like x 4
  17. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. I feel like console users/controller users are only supposed to use the omnibus and keyboard/mouse users get to use the omnibus and custom menus. As I have stated before, this UI update did not have console/controller users needs considered or addressed. I think it will take some time before we see any improvements.
    • Like x 3
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Whats funny is early on in the game (was it really 12 years ago?) I could not for the life of me figure out how to queue up for one of the T1 alerts. There were separate tabs for content if I remember correctly. I had no issues queueing up for the leveling alerts but in order for me to run the T1's I needed to get into a group...until I figured out that all I had to do was hit the R2 button to scroll to the next page...

I wish it were that easy now. I hope the devs see this as a priority. This morning I was going to run one of the new raids and there were so many problems trying to queue into it I just left group and went and made lunch. It's a game ender.
    • Like x 1
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

One funny thing about the UI. They adjusted FoS3 because it was cheap and easy to spam...but now they've adjusted the UI to encourage spamming.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Exactly right! I so dislike this new UI. It must be made for PC players because it is horrible on the PS4. What was wrong with the old UI?

Is there a fix for this thing in the works?
    • Like x 1