I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]

"GREAT... MOMENTS... IN HISTORY!!... brought to you by Ovaltine.

1969.. MAN FIRST WALKS ON THE MOON!!

1945... THE ATOMIC BOMB!!

218 BC.... HANNIBAL CROSSES THE ALPS!

2022... THE FIRST POST ON A PAGE 200 IS MADE!!!

CONGRAULATIONS, xoHLxDPSox, IN THE COSTUME THREAD!!

Way to make the boys in blue proud."
    • Like x 1
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

YOU DON'T KNOW MY LEVEL OF CARING ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHERS.

You guys need to drop that line of garbage.

I can care about my experience AND care about other's experience.

Ya also gotta stop this "This is an MMO'"..... We ALL know its an MMO.
    • Like x 2
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

As if there weren’t enough going on in the world right now to see this thread and feel like hope is lost.
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

I’ll just pop in the DCUO forum for a brief second to see how the games going and say hi to few people I thought.

Read this entire thread just for the entertainment, gratz on your 200 pages
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Amoxin Well-Known Player

This is a similar system to what EQ uses. You get to whatever the level cap is and then you can continue to funnel exp into AA (alternate advancement) points. Then you choose where to put those points in the various tree categories provided. You can also choose to funnel exp into by 10% increments, so you can run 50% level and 50% AA, or 90/10 or 40/60, etc.

Now this would require a complete revamp of the entire game system in DCUO, so it's probably highly unlikely anything like that would happen. And, TBQH, that system was a ridiculously slow grind, much like the "Kill XXX YYY times" feats for .25 SP
    • Like x 1
  7. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I forgot to add to this that there were guilds that would require minimum AA requirements and certain progression levels. Additionally there were players that wouldn't allow you in if you didn't have certain AA categories already maxed depending on your role. And even if you did, if you underperformed (whether actually or perceived) the group leader could kick you without an argument. Especially after mercenaries were added. They would just run with a mercenary (AI NPC) instead.

But now I'm getting into toxic player attitudes and actions, which DCUO apparently doesn't have. :rolleyes:
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I feel the same way.. PLUS create a NEW character and it is amazing how fast you can level up when tier 1 stuff is still handing you gear that ups your CR. And it does give you a whole pile of options on what you FEEL like playing that day.
  9. Tolly Committed Player

record-breaking subject, isn't it? :D
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ok so how bout this compromise....

Solo instances, drop the clamp and reintroduce loot locks. That will keep players from spamming for loot, allow us to feel super again, and increase replay badge sales. As a solo, no other player is having an experience taken from them.

For open worlds, allow for a phase to be unclamped, just like how one is dedicated to pvp. Keep the loot locks for all missions. This will allow players to go back and grind for bounty feats without having to get at least 7 other players. If you are below a certain CR, you cant join the unclamped phase.

Compromise
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Sorry for the stupid question.. but how is this compromise ? This just feels like a work around to get easy marks and doesn't really address much

It doesn't address the concerns of those that are having trouble getting feats done, in group stuff.. etc
    • Like x 3
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

It wouldnt be easy marks, as I said reintroduce loot locks, run once get loot, anything after that, no loot for the day or week depending on lock. Most people want to just feel their actual cr in relation to old content, this will give them the experience.

My biggest hang up with the clamp are the open worlds. Anything older than the past 5 dlcs are a ghost town. Sure I have enough sp to spec hybrid and try to take out bounties solo, but even that takes a lot of time and effort. Newer players that have under 200 sp cant do this, and cant catch up on sp tied to open world counter feats.

Group content, alerts and raids, I see both sides. The only thing I suggest there, which is what I suggested well over 100 pages ago, was to raise the top end of the clamp by another 5cr.
    • Like x 4
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

omg yall did it. Yall really did it. Over 200 pages. I couldnt be more proud. Well done!
    • Like x 2
  14. KidKretz Committed Player

while waiting for maintenance to be completed in another game, figured i would pop over here to see if this thread hit 200 yet...and it did, congratz!!!!

now fix the clamp already!!!!
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

+10 for Dr. Evil
    • Like x 1
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

18. The Con Dedicated Player

com·pro·mise
    [ˈkämprəˌmīz]

NOUN
    1. an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions:
      "an ability to listen to two sides in a dispute, and devise a compromise acceptable to both" · "the secret of a happy marriage is compromise"
    We'd be conceding Duos, Alerts, and Raids.... You concede Solos.

We'd get a phase... You'd have a phase... and ne'er the two shall met... unless we choose to.

How is that not a compromise?

Granted... not that I think it's gonna happen....

What is your idea of compromise?
    :mad: - "NOTHING!! THERE CAN BE NO COMPROMISE!!"
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

The thing is its not a concession, its simply making unclamped solos the meta way to gear up, and only benefits wallet warriors
    • Like x 2
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

1) People don't really gear up doing old content....

2) I'm pretty sure the clamp is that path into the wallets of that type of warrior.
    That "stat-piercing" isn't reeeeeally free.

3) Just say you don't believe there could ever be a compromise... so we can take your seat away from the table... and be done witcha.