I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Looks like that person is just basically saying what most players (that I know) feel post-clamp :p
    • Like x 2
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Also... It's not a direct response to the video... It's a reply to a reply...

I really don't like taking these comments out of context or reference being used here.

Once again, this could just some 8-year old on YouTube....
    ...or a reply to a guy that he's been beefing with for years so his tone might be exaggerated...
    ...or just a lunatic.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

201 already??

Time flies when you're discussing not having fun.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

That they dont give a damn about anyone elses experience except their own? Finally a come to jesus moment.
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sounds like a 8 year old if they think only their experience matters and noone else does.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idunno, I heard on the grapevine that's how it was like pre-clamp too, ruining everyone's experiences.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Or maybe he's just saying that his character is his responsibility.... and the other person character should be their responsibility.

And... Maybe, he doesn't want to pay to play a game that that forces him to take on the responsibility of others.

That doesn't mean that he wouldn't help the other guy if he were asked.

STOP ACTING LIKE EVEYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU IS JUST BEING SELFISH OR DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT OTHERS.

It's lame, mildly annoying, not necessarily the truth.... and just self-servingly myopic.
    • Like x 2
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

And that's the hypocrisy here.

You can say that, as a vet of several years your level of fun is being undermined by the clamp.... but, they'll accuse you of being selfish because you don't acknowledge other newer players saying that their level of fun was being undermined by the unclamped.

Why does their sense of fun for months outweigh my sense of fun for years? Why do they get to ignore my perspective to say that I'm selfish for ignoring theirs?

What even makes it worse, is that I'm not really ignoring theirs... I'M OPEN TO FINDING A WAY TO MAKE BOTH OF US HAPPY.

Even THAT can't be discussed without the same 4 or 5 feat-ards throwing a fit about that possibility.
    • Like x 2
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Their entertainment is worth more than yours. They're fresh spring chickens full of hope and wonder at this beautifully old game that they somehow missed and carry with them potentially large wallets. Their experience SHOULD be held in higher regard.

You are just some disgruntled and entitled veteran that thinks he deserves to be a god. If I was a dev... I'd ban you in principle alone. Not before reducing your stats to zero though for kicks.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

And who says that the other side is just a bunch of +++-++++s flouting their +++-++++ery on the internet?

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Wait, you actually think you have won anything?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Hey, don't feel blue, you kind of shared in the page 200 victory as well, since it was your GIF I threw so perfectly back at you to mark the occasion

[IMG]
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

That's it? That's all you've got?

[IMG]

You have a long way to go.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The highlight of Proxystar's year is bragging to a few strangers on the internet about posting on the 200th page of one of the many threads Proxy posts on constantly...

[IMG]

Maybe, maybe we should just let proxy have this, I mean... wow... Really makes me thankful for all I have going on in my life.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The thing though, whose problem is that, why mess it up for others who have that time and this is coming from someone who also has a 9 to 5 job.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly

As much as feats are a goal.. MMOs are about the journey too - boring scenery sometimes BUT that is par for the course
    • Like x 2
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I know from my own experience that even the presence of high CR/endgame players could put a serious damper on my own enjoyment. Seeing those players, even in open world sections of the game, usually brought out a "oh crud, here we go again" feeling of dread because it could and would mean me trying to run a mission that was (for lack of a better term) part of the playground I was supposed to be playing in was going to be a hassle and not very fun. And while that's my own experience, I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't alone in going through that back in the day.

And the last part kind of circles back to questions about how many of the problems with player quality/knowledge exist because of actions taken during the unclamped days and how long it will take for players to unlearn close to a decade of bad/questionable habits.
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

No, let him talk.. Let DI see some of the opinions of their most vocal "dedicated" players that just want to help their game grow.
    [IMG]
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thing is, if you're going into a multiplayer environment without giving the slightest care about the experience of the other players, it is kind of selfish.

It's perfectly fine to care about only your experience when you're playing an offline single player game or running solo instances in an MMO. There's no one else around and you can pretty much do as you please within the rules set by the makers of the game. In those cases? Party on, dude! :D

But the instant a player puts themselves in a multiplayer environment, even if it's just a duo, it stops being all about the individual and their own experience. Whether it's one person or 99 other people, they're now sharing that space with other people, and their experiences are just as valid and important as anyone else's. The closest we get in this game to priority treatment given is subscription perks, but in terms of how the game itself works that usually only shows up in the login queues.

In a group setting, my experience doesn't take precedence over yours, nor does it take precedence over that of a new player or someone who's consistently stayed at endgame throughout the lifespan of the game. Does everyone get this concept? Nope, I see plenty of examples in chat just running around the hub areas in the game while on my way to do stuff, never mind hitting open world parts of the game (and it's taking every ounce of effort I have to not act like a grumpy old man and blame it on those darn console kids and games like Call of Duty LOL).

If someone's attitude in any way starts to veer towards or jumps straight into "forget everyone else, it's all about me and what I want to do," then maybe the solo instances or single player games are the better environment for them because that is a pretty selfish mindset to have. Kind of runs counter to the idea of playing with others.
    • Like x 2