Remove artifact swapping from the game pls ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tomazo, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You do have a tendency to believe that YOUR definition of balance and health of the game is THE only correct definition. Then when a dev says they’ll look at making changes with those ideals in mind, you assume those changes will align with YOUR definition.
    • Like x 4
  2. jolaksi Well-Known Player

There are too much "I" in this paragraph.

Just because it is fun for you doesnt mean it is fine and healthy for the game. Remember "sweaty tac swappers" are minority. Not saying their opinions should be ignored but if the issue impacts a wider crowd then solution should also (mostly)be in favor of wider crowd or somewhere in between.

I understand practise and trying to reach your optimal skill is completely normal. Looks like what you are failing to see is you are in the advantaged part of the spectrum thus you cant empathize or truly see what other side of the spectrum(non swappers or cannot swappers, platform difference is another topic...) feel or going trough. You and people around you are clearly good players and you can get any type of content done with ease. So you cant really see the struggle of big part of the player base.

Not saying elite or elite+ should be cake walk. Not at all. Its not about the difficulty of the content, its about how or which tools players can use effectively and equally. The gap is not to be underestimated. Does it hurt a random player's experience and fun with game or not? Thats the whole point of this thread.

Like Ranmarus said changes are for a better and healthier game for everyone. Not just for singular opinions.

Vice versa, like you said tac swappers not even directly dictate it to non swappers. It just naturally happens. If a second DPS gets 100 milled in a regular TSWE run:
    1. That second DPS is a bad DPS
    2. Top dps is a sweaty dps with top noch powerset with all variety of swap artifacts
    If its 1., No problem. Just get good.
    If its 2. (which we are arguing in this thread); then that seconds DPS switches powerset and everything to be that top dps but fails because that playstyle is not meant for that DPS. Then that dps either sticks to be casual and not have fun ingame or just quits. See? That top dps is not even bash his/her success on second DPS but thats what usually happens.
    Then hard content becomes ghost town, elite players demands more challenging content but theres "not enough" player to create the said content and bother with it. Its like a never ending cycle. Is this healthy for the game?

I know you and your whole league gang, friends and how you guys play. Im not saying how you guys should play. I actually had good time watching E+ streams here and there but saying "if its not meant for you, dont do it" is like a band aid with no sticky parts on it.

I agree with rest of the reply.
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed

BUT

My only concern is that it becomes too normalized and then content difficulty, mechanics etc etc are geared towards art swapping as a default.. then you'll see me rage, otherwise - meh
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

„And to that end art swap is intented to some degree“ does that sound like a buff or nerf to you? My definition is simple= balance the game anything that will nerf overperforming things will be my definition based on this sentence he does benefit my definition.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No issue with changes for a healthy environment. However that’s not what you want. You just don’t any anyone to do what you don’t like. No changes were mentioned regarding art swapping yet you’re ready to run with it and claim that they are.
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It means the exact same thing mepps said last time. The ability to art swap is intended but they didn’t see it being used to this degree so they will monitor it.

They literally said the same thing yet you’re ready to claim all these changes
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s the issue. The gap brought by sweaty swapping is there because of the skill in which they can do such swaps. People here are acting as if there is a gap because of the swap. That’s not true at all. People who had bad loadouts and rotations will always have lower damage than those that have good loadouts and rotations. Those that have good synergizing arts will always do better than those that don’t even if using the same loadout and rotation. You have people who refuse to use iconics because they only want to use things in their power set and want the devs to make changes based on their preferences.

Nerfing something that some like to do just because others don’t isnt a change based on balance. It’s a change based on personal feelings
    • Like x 3
  8. Tomazo Level 30

Do you really believe that there is a "skill" involved in opening your inventory and equipping items? Cmon bro , I believe you got a higher iq than this.... don't disappoint me...

If you talk about personal feelings, my feelings are that...its pretty dumb....and imagine people with slower hardware, opening that laggy inventory non stop to play a pre school level of Tetris...

Imagine people doing it and believing that they are highly advanced gamers and evolved human beings from another dimension ... Its cracking me up bro , straight up comedy..

Just wake up... think like a normal person for a moment..and you will understand what I mean...its just obvious man...there shouldn't even be a discussion about this...
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you believe that there is absolutely no skill in being able to swap arts fast enough so that you don’t break rotation and maintain damage output even while in said inventory? Or being able to keep track is which arts are to be used at any given point?

If there was no skill involved then every single person on Pc and ps5 would be doing it. If that were the case why is it that not a single person can give proof that has been getting requested multiple times?

Lol sure…
    • Like x 2
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Skill is the wrong word. Anyone can play Mary had a little lamb on the piano with a little bit of practice. They aren't exactly flexing on Elton John here.
    • Like x 3
  11. Tomazo Level 30

You are the kind of person that feels like... downloading the game takes skill , crafting soders takes skill , doing normal takes skill ...even breathing takes skill ...we got you.

Yes , many people are not doing it (not because the TREMENDOUS amounts of pure SKILL that it requires kekW) but because it is annoying and unpleasant part of the game .....and the only reason you like it , is because you will sacrifice anything for bigger numbers just to flex over the people who are not doing it because it's unpleasant...and...this is not a very cool reason to begin with......

I said it and I will say it again...if this was intended, it was going to be integrated in the UI itself where we could change our artifacts, even all 3 of them at the same time... with a single keypress....BUT IT ISN'T ..so if you are inventory lover , go play tetris or farm simulator....

Also.... this is a small part of the changes that have to be done , inorder for this game to grow , a small bolt in the wheel that makes the game work, and this problem also contributes to the biggest problems, one of which is p2w , and makes people with tons of artifacts, much more overpowered. And believe me ... nothing will generate more money than a high and stable player base , relaying on a small circle of so called "whales" which will buy anything, is pretty unreliable and dumb...I would prefer ...1 milion new players, like the other MMOs....which just pay their subscription...this will destroy any "dumb whales" in terms of generating money , and at the same time making the game truly ALIVE....but until all those small problems+p2w isn't changed.... because of the small circle of very selfish people defending it , the game isn't going to get any better , only worse....

My whole point of all of this is the prosperity of the game , we should work together , for a better place... instead of being cruel , selfish ...and defend things that we don't understand...stop being scared of change...

Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it was a joke, so I didn't put a lot of time into which ones were A and B. C was the 'funny' bit I was getting to.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes....meant the 1s. Basically lock and Block at the same time, bring up Dpad....don't want to switch artis....don't push Dpad.
    • Like x 1
  14. kingofthebeast Active Player

And here we are. Art swapping takes skill and thus that's why everyone is mad because they aren't good at it? You know, for a person who advocate for art swapping even mentioning all the skill it takes to do it, why don't you art swap? Aren't you the same person who "beat" control over the head until he accepted buff trolling? I know you read every post so why did you ignore coded kills statement of art swapping adding a major gap between players? Haven't you been saying that art swapping doesn't even equate to "30% more damage"( someone find the quote in this thread where he said that and link it here)? Don't deflect , I know you read every posting
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but you’re delusional.

People aren’t avoiding it because it’s unpleasant. People are avoiding it because they can’t do it. And when exactly did I say it was a large skill gap? I said it just took skill. That’s it. Some actions take more skill than others. If you want to be that simple than does following a basic loadout rotation skilled? All you do is press buttons in order. Yet some can’t even seem to manage that. People tend to follow the path of least resistance. If it was as broken as you claim while also requiring no skill than more players would do so. Look at arts. A lot of people do not like arts because of the time/money investment they require. Yet people still use them because it improved performance without one having to do anything extra.

Also, I personally do not art swap. I’ve said it multiple time but I guess reading isn’t your strong point. I’ve asked multiple time for anyone to provide proof that it needs adjustments yet no one seems to be able to do it. But its sooooo easy to do lol
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Still some level of skill. Not saying this is the most skillful thing anyone has ever done. But let’s also not pretend that dcuo is a hard game. There really isn’t much skill requirements to play this game compared to others. The few things that do require skill get pounced on by those who can’t do it and want these things nerfed.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Can’t be this clueless can you?

I clearly stated at the start that I do not tac swap because I don’t enjoy it. And control says I forced him to do something so you believe him lol. I don’t even fun with him. The only things I cleared up to him were about how buffs work and how CCs work. Any changes he then made were on him.

And the 30% damage increase is also not true. I’ve doubled played without art swapping countless times. Why? Because they were bad dps. It’s just that simple. If player A is willing to use all possible forms of damage while player B chooses to not do all those actions than yes player A will out perform. This comes in many forms. Players who want to use arts they like over better arts. Players who copy and paste YouTube loadouts instead of testing proper loadouts. Players who refuse to use iconics because they aren’t in their power set. Players who want to run a cosplay build.

People are just bad. The current player base isn’t that skilled. Hate to break this to you.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not when you can program a macro to do it for you which is what I'm sure some people are doing.
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t be surprised either but that falls under cheating which is a different topic.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True and same can be if holding B, since it isn't for anything other than reviving and cogs, that I'm aware of anyway.