Remove artifact swapping from the game pls ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tomazo, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I generally agree on everything you say Reinheld, except that 1 thing. It is 99,999% The 20 players EU Switch and however many on US Switch can't do Might rotations in Raids or add heavy Alerts, the lag causes infinite stuck in channel :p

(No offense to the Switch population. I have the highest respect for people having 600+sp on that Platform, last I checked during early-mid LoD)
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

i think, in speaking of swapping artifacts during combat, yea you have to pen the inventory, but other mmos proceeding this one, by this company swg, ever quest, it is no problem to remove and equip gear while in combat, for macros and combat,

the reason this is making people that haven't played OG mmos, proceeding 2010, haven't really gotten to understand, unless you play the emulators for swg , and such, but . this is a perfect opportunity to bring up the lack of loadout custom ab, and ability not to have more loadout slots, at least in the LEAST.
    They need or should of made wildcard slots in the utility belt, with the ability to put anything in them, including abilities/artifacts to equip, for the artifact instance, if they didn't add a second action bar to switch to , "which would be essentially the same as making wild card slots able to hold abilities, Artifacts, consumables , trinkets , like normal" but much like the stealth bar but without needing to be in stealth to use it. At the same time being able to bind a key to swap change in combat, for the PS5 / PSN controller , you much like holding the trigger buttons to use every loadout slot, would be the same just changing the whole bar.
    the way the wild card utility belt would work for artifacts, you put both artifacts in the wildcard slots or second/first loadout slots, making the mmo more like traditional mmos, by which ever one you press, gets equipped in the first slot, and unequipping the one that is currently in that artifact slot. basically for testing purposes , you could put only artifacts and trinkets in every single loadout if u choose, even armor or USE items, anything should be able to fit in the loadouts. "without going to far into what can be put in the loadout exactly and confusing anyone else , i will make a VOD for this and post it on my YouTube channel.

What ever artifact you have equip, what ever trinket, or attack, by pressing a artifact filled slot on the wildcard or loadout bar currently on. that artifact will be equipped, and the one that was equipped just goes back into the inventory, and if that one is in a slot as well, pressing the other one will re equipped it,
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Cant stop me :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Lol no one is FORCED to DO IT! to be competitive, players choose to do it to chase the damage board, i can care less if anyone swaps artifacts as long as we beat the duo, alert or raid.
    Do & be your best in content & stop worrying how others play especially if it helps the entire group & it’s not against TOS.
    • Like x 3
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Same thing happening now on Test where Elite raid content feedback is being given secretly via DM by the art swaping eog spamming elitists notice how theres only 1-2 replies on each of the raid threads :)
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's also not a whole lot of people actually "testing" the new content.
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Yep but there are a few groups who Test it for most dlcs and they are giving feedback always via DM you will never see them openly give feedback one guy did it once a while back and even said what his true intentions was openly and it was to make it as hard as possible while using gadget prec dpses,eog spamm,art swappers and he learned its lesson „cough“ ares „cough“ and hasnt posted anything after that publicly and since then the feedback was even less on official raid threads for elite.

Similar thing with art swaping,eog these people trying to gatekeep others and the agenda they have is to make content hard for others easy for themselves they will art swap,eog spam to skip intented difficulty and claim its not gamebreaking while giving feedback on Test based on them using these things.
    • Like x 6
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok. Well I'm not an extensive switch player(I've dabbled), so I'll take your word for it. But they COULD set up the same rotation, gear, and movements....whether the platform let's them hit the buttons? Well....that might be flexible.:D
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's kind of worse in test too as I'd estimate most 'average' players do not use test, but out of those that do, anyone can have 30 200 artis like a whale, as they are free. If a good 8 man swap group is setting the 'it's hard' bar, they could set it very high as opposed to live where MOST average players won't have all the same artis too choose from.
    • Like x 4
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But bro....you can walk around with those sweet sweet titles under your name so everyone knows how big your ....pencil...is.
    • Like x 3
  11. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Dcuo could added a cooldown if a artifact changed during combat . ( like armories have a cooldown)
    , artifact slot would have a cooldown if another artifact goes in during combat.
    • Like x 3
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Remove armory cooldown and the problem is solved. People can swap artifacts while others can swap armories. Problem solved.
    • Like x 4
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thing is that arts and gear stats are different. Once arts are maxed they have a ceiling since they do not continue to increase each dlc. The point of them getting out of hand would come in the way of new arts that can be used to swap instead of them getting stronger. Gear gets increased each dlc which brings higher stats for which things continue to scale endlessly higher.

This is why I laid out a way for these things to be tested. This way players can actually provide actual feedback that devs can use instead of the usual “I don’t like it so get rid of it. The reason I don’t test it myself is because I don’t swap. So if I tested it than it would look like there’s no damage difference since I doubt I’d be able to make it optimal right away. And I’m also not leveling 5 more arts to test this out lol. Can’t do it on the test server since I have a potato for my testing laptop (not using my work Pc for this lol). So if I did it then the numbers would be skewed and make it seem like there’s no need to make any change at all.

As this becoming more wide spread. I just can’t see it happening the way the community is right now. People were having a hard time with the Stu solo where all they had to do was lunge. So I can’t see players being able to effectively do this. I expect this to stay within the top players. Which I get that it gives them another advantage. But that’s an advantage they went out of their way to earn.
  14. GermanM Committed Player

That could be a great idea.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol so many conspiracy theories.

Guess what. Devs are smart enough to separate feedback
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...and if 3 are maxed and you use 4, 5 or 6....and that becomes more common, that's creep. And yeah, the testers are generally those same top end players....so it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to taint the pool as far as the 'top end' content.

Doesn't matter much I suppose...but it will be funny when and IF it gets to a point DI notices an issue, the outcry that will come out on how people are being 'robbed of their progression' when they can't use 4, 5 or 6 artis at virtually the same time anymore.

Maybe that thread will reach 180 pages too.:p
    • Like x 7
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Explain what happened with Ares throne raid STU was the seperate feedback not applying then? also explain to me how the devs are gonna seperate feedback if the feedback is limited and how are they gonna know which group used eog/art swap? They heavily depend on community feedback and im not saying its entirely the devs fault something like what happened in ares is expected to happen if the devs arent fixxing overperforming things.
    • Like x 2
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    What are you smoking?

Just waiting for you to start insulting people directly and using your standard bag of buzzwords.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Not sure what type of salty pill you took but it seems like you have the urge to insult i do not have it i just normally said something does it trigger you that much? which explains this ridicilous message you just wrote.
    • Like x 1
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What are you? :p

You know dang well something's fishy and our content difficulty is possibly dictated by sweaty PC players on test (in some way shape or form). Why else is certain stuff dang near the "too hard" line on Xbox? Does 99% of our server really just suck that bad that only about 20 players of the entirety can beat the hardest content? Idk man. Eye of the beerholder I guess.

I still remember how only like 2 leagues were able to beat FGSE during content, yet on PC it was "too easy". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But what do I know, I could very much likely just be crazy. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
    • Like x 4