Robot companion.?.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zero303, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Zero303 Well-Known Player

is there a chance we can get a like magical pet dps that follows us?. like a little imp or such whould be cool.
    for all powers to get that is.
    -thanks
    • Like x 1
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

There is under iconic powers , robotsidekick power , used a skill point to get and the put in power load tray

But pets wised like trinkets hopefully dcuo brings more items
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Grimorium Verum artifact:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Zero303 Well-Known Player

oh i wasnt clear i see. that was what i meant by robot companion. i want another companion but like a magic one. like a flying book , dragon or a skull or such.
    • Like x 2
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

there's a skull accessory that follows you around
  6. Dene Devoted Player

I think what youy want is a skin fior the Robot Sidekick that allows it to STILL be the robot but just LOOK like something that suits your character?
    • Like x 3
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ah, so does the exact same things and has the same effects but visually is something else. Yeah, that could be quite cool. Of course the RSK has its power skins, but it could also be fun to have, say:

A little dragon for sorcery
    A little brain thing like The Brain for mental
    Ch'p for Green Lanterns
    Dex-Starr for Rage (pleeeeeseeee, I want him both combat and base pet so damn bad!!!)
    ETC.
    • Like x 4
  8. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I still think they should sell skins for the Grim in the marketplace. Don't change the pet at all, just allow us to make it a giant bee or a Christmas sleigh. It's a magical thing, we ought to be able to change its appearance... though I suppose that would require a new menu to hold the skins and stuff... *sigh* Everything I want is too much work.
    • Like x 3
  9. Zero303 Well-Known Player

yea skins for the robot comp whould be nice aswell. very good ideas here.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Based off how they introduced the exobyte infused RSK, I would say they would have to make a new power that has the skin.

The problem is balance. Sometimes skins can have animations that make them do more damage. EG the T3 trinket pets.

With that said, I don't see it being that difficult to implement a skin that could be sold. Maybe have it work with your styles tab, so when you consume the style it can be tracked there. Then in your load out selection, if you have RSK purchased, you get 3 options. The classic, the power one, and the special skin. Of course I don't know if the legacy code will cause some unsavory results elsewhere.

Actually, I can see something like this working with power pets too. Like crystal, brick, fury, guardian, watcher, and suppressor turret. Since it's a second power that shows up it might work and be easy to implement.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Heh. With the Grim skins I was thinking they leave the attack animations the same as they currently are... everything except the image itself... because it's still a Grim, just with a magical skin slapped on it. I think it would be hilarious. Sadly, some people would expect too much and there would be complaints and annoyance and beating of dead horses and Mepps would have to shut down endless threads about why the Grim skins don't change the attacks and... *sigh* Yeah, too much effort for a simple joke I guess.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say they could introduce a 'power pet' iconic, which is basically what RSK is, but maybe the new pet would have a different skin per power.

However, what WILL happen is that a mental guy will want the dragon, or a fire guy will want an ice creature. So in the end I'd see this as not happening.

Fun Idea though.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I actually see it how we do the movement mode skins. Where you can select the pet you want as long as you got it. Probably be released via Time Capsule or MP, but you could have options. So a 3rd power is there and you can slot it and whatever one you have selected in your styles will show up when you spawn it.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I like the idea of getting a bunch of skins but not attached .. maybe it attaches to the iconics tree, instead?

so.. to use a different skin you need to still go to iconics but select the skin not RSK?
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

Coming Soon.... to a Time Capsule near you.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ranmaru Developer

This is actually the exact problem we have, in order to make a new power pet if it uses a new skeleton that means it will have different timings for its animations and thus some abilities will do more/less damage semi randomly; and while there is the potential to tune the pet to be almost exactly in line with a RSK it just introduces a lot of headache into the equation that isn't easily solved.

When Charon and I teamed up to make the Exobyte infused RSK we originally tried a lot of options but they have a lot of minor bugs or issues that we wanted to avoid; so we ended up going with what we could do that caused the minimal amount of impact on the way the game generates pets.

While I personally would enjoy making a pet that has a cool skeleton&body mesh, I struggle to figure out its implementation that wouldn't have balance concerns
    • Like x 12
  17. BumblingB I got better.

With all that you said, it does mean that it is possible?
    [IMG]

Jokes aside, would treating them like the Tiered pets work? Where there is just going to have that one that over performs. I don't remember the hierarchy of them, but at least the overall good one is easily obtainable for free by farming Orion for the Mother Box.

Sometimes players do like to have different skins. I absolutely made sure I got through round 15 to be able to get the Legion Drone. It works for my style and character. Having more options, does help players customize their characters. These can be chase styles, like the combat pets. To prevent issues with players, make sure all can be obtained through regular gameplay. (This includes time capsules, as you get stabilizers regularly.)
    • Like x 3
  18. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

think about stuff like this a lot..like if your magic based gadgets..how cool would it be to be throwing flasks etc vs grenades?
    • Like x 2