Pre-purchase material overview for when?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I would like to know when this option will be available? because I'm always hesitant to spend money on a material that I can't see directly on my character, it's really annoying to buy blindly!

for a basic item you can see it through a frame, auras too so why isn't it possible for materials?
    • Like x 3
  2. Kozzie New Player

I agree it's super annoying. That and not being able to see style names, and whether or not you have collected the style, when gear is in a box.

A workaround for previewing chromas - Most likely there's a YouTube video where you can see what it looks like.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just watch a Multiverse video on the material
    • Like x 5
  4. Tolly Committed Player

In a well designed game you shouldn't have to bother with this. The game already has the tools to do this for some things, so it should be able to do it for other things that don't have this option yet!

Looking on the internet is nice, but being able to see before buying, it allows a better vision of the material on our character, because the internet does not show the failures of materials, as for example, when there is an emblem integrated into the costume, there is no video showing that the material will uniform everything making the integrated logo invisible which is really unfortunate aesthetically.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have this option before you buy it, considering the price of the material.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I'm glad you do that, it's what I do :)
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That sounds like a challenge to Multiverse, I have zero doubt he wouldn't make 4-5 videos on said material showing it from all angles, body styles and with any style clipping ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

HA HA HA

you are a shocker LOL
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

With the newer tc stuff even being in boxes(and being account bound when opened for most), it makes me wish dc had a preview system like swtor and gw2 where doing a certain combo brings up the preview of a style, I wanted to see how the battle damaged slimline looks with certain materials before dedicating it to a alt (I spread a lot of materials across my alts so I couldn’t easily decide)
    • Like x 2
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What could work is a new vendor that sells consumables of materials and chromas that lasts five minutes. Charge a source mark.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... as some mentioned in the thread..... the only option right now is Youtube videos if you want a preview of the materials.

There are videos with LOTs of them...

But usually I make videos featuring the materials themselves.

Although sometimes I will show more then one material...

And sometimes I even compare different materials...

Not sure if I made videos with all the materials..... will try to add those that are missing,

Of course.... with the new Godseye material.... I need to get the material before I can make a video about it.

Not perfect.... but it is the less bad option right now to get a preview of the materials. :oops:
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they can't setup a preview window for materials, they could setup NPCs near the vendors sporting the materials?
    • Like x 3
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The same way dcuo let’s us preview : auras, armor pieces, weapons , accessories.
    Dcuo should let players in the game preview the materials and tell the player if the material item been collected or not.
  13. Tolly Committed Player

For the subject, the question is not to find all the subjects on an internet video, but to allow the option "Previews" for the subjects, this option already exists for some things, so it seems quite natural to have it for things that don't have this possibility yet.

Go and look on the internet, it's just a pain in the *** when you don't have the game in English!
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly... the internet video is the only option right now.

The preview option you are asking for does not exist.... and is not possible right now for various reasons.
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yeah, the devs have previously stated that there are technical issues which (currently) make it impossible to preview materials. Similar issues apparently make it impossible to use style unlocking for materials.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Has anyone recommended Multiverse's videos? Thats the best bet currently as I dont see the game being able to provide that. Not a knock on the game persay since its over 10 years old. Maybe one day but for now, not so much.

And for those with other languages, I BET Multi would love to know the names in other languages and he can put it in the Tags and Description to help everyone even more!
    • Like x 2