Give us back the Original On Duty

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Retire, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Retire Well-Known Player

This new UI is garbage. The omnibus UI was garbage. Give us back the original On Duty. It's difficult to use on PS but on Switch?? It'll take 15mins jus to get to the right tab.
    • Like x 16
  2. Retire Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  3. Retire Well-Known Player

4. Proxystar #Perception

I like the new On Duty UI. :)
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Really? Knowing you I would think you would understand that as of right now, the on duty is complete trash "right now" because of all the bugs associated with it.

I formed a group last night (was kinda late and took me 40 minutes to make) and went to que the group, and for everyone the que said "failed" and the entire group dropped after 5 minutes of queuing and requing. It bugs out, it causes aggravation and frustration. They took the quality of life AWAY from the on duty.

Its ******* horrible g

Sorry boss I know we got different opinions but they ****** up on this one. Hard
    • Like x 8
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I said I liked the new On Duty UI, I didn't say it worked properly :)
  7. LetsGoBULLS92 New Player

The most recent change was a downgrade. The old one wasn’t perfect but it worked!
    • Like x 3
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I don't like how you need to scroll down to the very bottom each time to reset the instance and can barely tell if you are loot locked.

The rest is fine
    • Like x 4
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Let me ask you. Assuming it was all working perfectly, what do you like about it? As far as I can see, the only 'benefit' of it is the favorites, which I don't see using very much personally.

I wish they would roll it back till they can get it tested and working properly in test. Personally I see no benefit in it, even it was not bugged, but it's 100% an annoyance to have all the bugs either way.

PS...it is more usable on KB/Mouse, which does factor into some people's worse opinion. On controller it's complete dogwater.
    • Like x 3
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

This is one of the best threats I have read on forums .
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I just think graphically it's a little bit nicer and it's a bit refreshing that last UI might have been functional in as far that's worth anything, but it was also pretty stale.

I think there's a heavy case of "not liking change" going on here as well.

I think it's all actually quite nice compact, largely speaking works quite well and yeah the favorite ability is well long over due.

As for the issues navigating I use a controller and I have zero issues at all, whatsoever navigating the menu, so much so I'm questioning whether there's not a bit of user error going on here.

Unless there's something wild going on on the console platform not related specifically to the controller itself then I don't know what to say.

I'm not having any issues with the controller.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Haven't tried resetting instances since it was updated, will have to take a look at that specifically, take your word for it :)
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The tendancy for it to want to reset back to ready, every time you select/deselect a run. Or the fact it wants to scroll back up (similar to the RnD list) after you select/deselect something you had to scroll down to. Does that NOT happen on PC with controller?

And there IS the fact that many times, if a queue is skipped or missed, the group lead cannot re-queue without dropping out of group. That might have more to do with 'queue fishing', but I doubt that's by design. Plus the fact that it tends to want to leave something queued via custom that you already ran on the 1st screen. See Tiffany's issues with the seasonal being selected when trying to run the vault. Yes, you can de-select it, but why should you need to?

Not sure how you see it as more compact. It's the same amount of steps to run something except now the tiers are auto closed vs auto opened. You still have to tab to duo/alert/raid, and scroll down to the mission you want. The difference is when you scroll past T1, T2 and T3 to get to a T4 mission, it's a 1/2 second faster to skip closed Tiers, but it's 1/2 second more to open the T4 list and scroll again to whatever you wanted. Personally I find that more cumbersome.

I also don't like the needless graphics being added, and the laggy interface when multiple people are trying to queue. And the color scheme is just awful, but it's been that way for a year now...I guess they aren't changing it.

And some of it might be not liking change...I won't deny it, but it's a lot easier to swallow those changes when they work correctly.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I find it visually more pleasing as subjective as that might be and no I don't seem to have any of those performance issues even though I use a controller.

I think once a few kinks are ironed out the menu will be better. I see little reason to revert it back when it can simply just be fixed and retained.
  16. iEddyGaming Active Player

Don't like it! Don't want it! Change it back!!!!! :D

This "visual update" is nothing but full of bugs and lag. Kills the mood, honestly.
    And also, I wouldn't consider it visually pleasing OR an update. The previous version was more on par with the "HUD" design, a futuristic looking HUD. This one, sorry to say, took 2 steps back. Looks like something straight from 1980's computer, that too in a cartoon version >.>

Adding additional menus, photos, items etc. only made it harder to look at. This is 2022, everybody wants minimalistic designs especially when it comes to sci-fi/futuristic/tech related stuff. There is a reason all big brands simplified their logos (Apple, Dunkin etc.) Sorry but it could've been done way differently OR didn't need to be touched at all. As they say, don't fix something if it's not broken. This effort/time/money could have been spent on fixing the other bugs in game. Just saying :oops:
    • Like x 6
  17. Imjussaiyan New Player

Original was way better, omnibus should just be a tab next to events on old menu, if you want to make it light blue that’s fine
    • Like x 1
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I don't care for the new graphic design, especially the huge picture taking up space in the middle, while the actual menus and fonts are tiny. I don't like how unnecessarily difficult it is to use on a controller. But I can live with those things. However, the bugs have got to go. I've hardly queued anything since the UI changed, but I've seen "Failed to update queue" message more then in all of my time playing this game before then.
    • Like x 1
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Using a controller on PC is not the equivalent to the UI on console.

I have friends and leaguemates on PC and they dont experience what us console players are trying to tell the devs here. It's a mess.

Scrolling down is terrible. And when you get to the bottom if you go too far, oops, gotta start over, if you can even get back to the area to scroll without going through all other windows first.

Resetting loot locks is a nightmare, trying to land on the right spot, if you can even see its highlighted, is extremely hard. And, even if you do sometimes it reverts back to the left window and "hearts" a random instance, why??????

After running omnibus and then wanting to just run a certain custom raid, involves trying to get over to the far right, scrolling down the entire list of raids in the game, just to hit the clear button. If you scroll down one click past that button though....oops gotta do it again. Meaning you have to up, through all the tabs and back down.

Pressing right to get to the middle window or far right window involves scrolling through the top tabs first. Why????

Trying to get down to the start que button is so random. It is like plinko on the price is right. If you get to it but press down too long, it goes back over to the left window again, or freezes up the whole UI.

This update made queuing on console a freaking nightmare. And like others said, if anyone in the group runs into the lag out issue, ya gotta reform AND START ALL OVER.

But please, tell the devs it's fine PC players and watch the console players disappear, I've already seen players quit because they simply cant play what they want in a timely manner.
    • Like x 5
  20. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Have to agree with all these points. It can't be emphasized enough that this was a major step backwards for speed, efficiency and overall User Experience with queuing on Consoles. It honestly has created a slow and negative experience for running content for me and the few friends I play with. Super discouraging because we just want to grind stuff out and maximize our time and this just isn't a step forward in my opinion.

I totally respect the effort in revamping an older menu in order to bring it on par with the rework of the first landing page but I think some things need to be tinkered with and fixed.

Why did square need to be the favourite button when it has been the "select instance" button this whole time in custom play? And where did the quick play buttons go that would essentially solve a chunk of the hassle? The scrolling to "clear all" and to "ready" needs to be refined. Unlocking loot locked instances needs to be changed because you need to scroll past all items on the page before even getting to the spot. And bumping up the contrast on highlighted menu items wouldn't hurt the cause.

These are specific issues that can probably be eased or fixed outright with some more refining time.

Thanks for listening to feedback, appreciate the time.
    • Like x 4