What are the most tiring tasks in DCUO ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Seasonal Dailies and overall inventory management.
    • Like x 3
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

SP hunting, it's just not a facet of the game that appealed to me. Stats are secondary to watching my character do cool stuff. Kicking back chatting with people in the Hall of Legends like Tiff and just looking cool is a more enjoyable fo me then collecting achievements I have no interest in.
    • Like x 3
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Imagine The Flash or Superman traveling at super speed only to be hit by a low level goon while traveling at super speed & it slows him down….?
    It’s just annoying minding my own business running at the speed of light only to be hit & slowed down.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think I just put 2 and 2 together on your stance for the clamp....:D
    • Like x 4
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

This is why I can't play my mmos on console if my keyboards are out of commission lol
    • Like x 1
  6. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Bounty counter feats. I couldnt stand them 5 dlc's or so ago, they're the worst. You can no doubt bet they will be in the new dlc & the most annoying thing about it is if you don't do them when everyone else is doing them within the first couple of weeks, it will be harder to get them done. Its like you are locked to doing bounties & not enjoying the rest of the dlc the first couple of days. Im not looking forward to doing them yet again.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Achievement systems should be optional, but coupling it to stats was a mistep IMO. I dont care about killing x or y mob 100 times. Am I missing out on the stats? Of course! But if I'm not willing to meet the criteria it ask for, then I'm fine going without the feat and by extension the stats

Im not gatekeeping, I'm a player with like 160 (SP?) Me wanting the clamp would make it more difficult to obtain said feats, but I believe in the system for achievements needs to keep it's integrity to a degree if actual stat increases are the reward.

And I do like to be engaged with what I'm doing. And not have other people play the game for me that I logged in to play. Ya know?
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Does PS not have a form of "chatpad" like Xbox does? :/

Edit: just googled... It does. Trust me, best investment EVER since you never have to take your hands off the controller!
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Honestly? Logging in every single day because FOMO :p
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wasn't calling you a gatekeeper. But if the must 'fun' part of the game for you is standing around talking (I have nothing against that by the way...I do so myself sometimes), then obviously the clamp wouldn't impact that very much. Many people ARE in the game to grind out the stats...so it impacts them more directly (difficulty AND time)...maybe that's why some people are more upset than you.

For instance, if they stripped down base deco to 50 items because 500(or whatever) is causing too much server load, while I wouldn't 'like' it...if it helped the game run better, I'd be for it because I'm not personally a big decorator. I'd guess many would be extremely upset about it. BTW... I wouldn't 'oppose' their dislike of the change either...not for a year+ at least.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not necessarily true now though is it Reinheld.

People do grind out stats, but they are also in it for the experience, entertainment and aesthetics.

People arguably chase styles in this game as much as they chase stats.

The clamp is about compromise because the experience and entertainment is compromised when it hits one extremity.

too easy, it becomes boring and stupid and ruins experiences, too difficult and it becomes frustrating and ruins experiences.

The clamp is the balance in the middle, amazing that, right.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You can mention the clamp, sure, but this ain't a clamp debate thread you knuckleheads XD
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Every thread, is, every ******* thread RavNoc, you hear me :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Inventory management. I feel like I spend entirely too much time doing the r&d station, the league drop box and bank rotation. I'm really tired of base generator mods.

Gear replacement upon new DLCs.... You replace the gear. You replace the white mods. You save to multiple armories. Over and over until you hit your desired max CR (depending on your desire for elite gear.) If you play multiple roles, it becomes more tedious. If you play multiple character, even more so.

Not tiring necessarily, but it's annoying to have to think about your base generator and boosts and spending cash/marks to keep it up. I'd rather pay rent on the base, automatically deducted, then to have to go and DO SOMETHING. I'm too busy salvaging gear at the R&D station.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....if you want to turn this into a clamp thread...fine. I simply made a joke (indicated by the big grin) that someone who enjoys standing around and talking in the HOL isn't really a great source for how a gameplay change would affect things for everyone.

I mean unless the clamp is stopping someone from chatting, or making the chats more 'authentic'.

But please...you and Solowing, lets get another 150 pages going. "Someone said something against the clamp (not even really against IT....). Man your battle stations people!"
    • Like x 4
  16. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Yeah typing on ps4 is one for me. Mostly in battle or in a time crunch when the group is moving forward.

A big one is having to find my relevant adaptive augments, I think because I’ve levelled them all at different times so they aren’t separated by episode, even when they are at max they’re still not sorted. Makes it hard to equip ‘em quick, and if I accidentally click the wrong one, the menu goes back to the top and I have to find it again.
  17. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The significantly longer Feat Grind for new players or new characters.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Chatpad ftw
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

They are upset because their stats were reduced so other people could have fun too? And not just them? Its like people want to play this game, but also kill it themselves. Trying to have it cater to a small subsection of players at endgame who are intentionally trying to segregate themselves off from the rest community but have the content catered exclusively for them.

So when my queues didnt pop due to content being too spread out and everything that wasn't EG didn't have a large pool of players queuing for it. Did the EG players say "yea maybe we should fix that since we want more people at endgame"? Of course not. People are more upset that their stats were reduced, then being glad that a section of their community that isnt EG got a seat at the table, that would keep their own game alive.
    • Like x 2