The Struggle Is Real in Omnibus Lol

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Oct 5, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No they won’t perform any better. But again, what is stoping said new player from following instructions. If a new player got into HH with a cr skip. And someone typed “kill drone by granny” does the cr skip affect their ability to follow said instructions?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Does the CR skip affect their ability to follow instructions? No.

Does the CR skip open up new players to content they are not prepared for such as HH? Yes. A brand new player should not be there in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That depends entirely on the player, not all new players are useless and not following instructions, just some of them.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Most of them.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I would rather have a brand new player with a cr skip who follows instructions than a maxed out person who can’t follow the simplest instructions. What would you prefer?

I remember when flashpoint was the newest dlc. I was brought into an FVe run with a well known league of high players. We kept wiping on grodd cause they wouldn’t follow instructions and tried to pew pew the boss away. One of the worst groups I’ve been in. I was also in a different group of players moderately geared and we had a far smoother time. The less geared players were far more valuable because they listened to instructions.

Cr skips have absolutely no impact on their ability to follow directions.

Now. I am not saying that everyone should be able to get a cr skip if you haven’t already reach said point. However that is a different topic all together.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For end game content only? Neither, both of those options suck. Like I said earlier I vote to kick when people don't pull their weight.
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I said which of the 2…

Is a player that has low stats/gear but follows instructions better than a max toon who doesn’t follow instructions. One or the other…
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No.
    • Like x 1
  9. El Guapo Well-Known Player

LOOOOL. Shots fired? Hmmm?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you go to YouTube, type in any powerset + DCUO (which is what all new players do) you're either going to presented with a video from Obsidian or iEddy.
    • Like x 1
  11. El Guapo Well-Known Player

I know chill does loadout vids, I just thought you were implying that they're not all that good lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh yeah his loadouts are good. I like his guides because he's clear and concise with his information. Sometimes he's a little dry.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

A fresh, new player, CR Skip toon is NOT going to kill the drone by themselves. Yes, they can shoot at it, but where YOU might be able to do it on your baby CR Skip alt with 700SP and some 120/160 arts, that 90 SP, single 80 arti fresh skip will NOT be.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

… I feel people are just choosing what to hear.

When did I say a new player would be able to perform as good as an experienced player? I’ll give you a hint. I didn’t. I said that a new player who used a skip that listens/communicated is worth more than an EG player who ignores mechanics.

If you tell a cr skip toon to help burn the drone and they listen. And you ask an EG player to help with the drone and they don’t. Who will help you burn the drone faster? The guys who’s attacking the drone with you or the guy not attacking the drone? It’s not rocket science.
  16. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Deity, you are so stuck on "Following Instructions". But not all mechanics are created equally. Take Poseidon. Explaining him is easy. "Stay out of the water and don't stand in front of him when he does his blast". But actually pulling that off when the screen is full of bubbles and water, and attacking golems is not a simple task for all players. Blocking, rolling, changing targets are not things the game teaches well, especially if you CR skip. And Heaven forbid your newbie player is your healer, since the game doesn't teach THAT well either.

One of the issues is that, unlike many MMORPGs, DCUO has a lot of mechanics or mobs that can take you from full to dead very quickly, especially if you have a bit of lag or just don't have quick reflexes. And the game is ever worse about getting those players back in the game since you can so easily be interrupted from revving them or they can be in a damage zone where you can't get to them. I have carried more than one alert across the finish line and I am not even a great player. But if I hadn't been there it would have been wipe after wipe. And because I am not top tier I have also been in groups where no matter what we did we couldn't seem to stay alive because some boss would do one attack that dropped you to nothing and then followed up with a hit that KO'ed you. And if no one knew what to do, there wasn't anyone there to tell you how to get past it. And the game sure wasn't going to.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but that's not what I responded to:
    "what is stoping said new player from following instructions. If a new player got into HH with a cr skip. And someone typed “kill drone by granny” does the cr skip affect their ability to follow said instructions?"
    The new skip player cannot 'kill the drone'....the best they can do is help a bit...maybe a very little bit as they'd likely also have jankly loadouts, poor rotations, be dying from beams or adds due to low SP in health, especially if the healer is another CR skip, or 1/2 the group dies hitting Lashina's reflect. But that 1 guy cannot 'kill the drone' almost assuredly. A group of 2 of them maybe even not, if Granny shields up in the wrong place....maybe even 3.

Personally I'd rather have your alt in there, with the SP you'd buy, a proper rotation, and likely artis and ally you'd have worked up a bit. Even if you are ignoring the drone on the first pass, likely you wouldn't the 2nd.

Is it the CR Skip tokens fault? No...it is not. But brand new players who are running their first toon on a CR skip...yeah, kinda. Even if they follow instructions and try their hardest. In a group of 6 or 7 experienced players...even on skip alts...it won't make much difference....reverse those ratios and it 100% makes a difference.

And yes....a new skip player who follows mechanics is better than a vet who does not WHERE THERE ARE FAILABLE MECHANICS (not every run has them, though HH does). Both can still result in a loss though, so once you are fleeing back to spawn, does it really matter? On the 2nd or 3rd or 4th try, do you think it will be the CR skips trying a bit harder, or that vet finally turning his attention to the drone which will turn the tide and eek out a win?
  18. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I think HH is a bad example here, because it's actually a DPS check. Any raid where you just need to follow instructions, I'd take a noob over a hothead veteran. CT, DM, Spindrift, Halls of Hades, Prison Break, etc.
    • Like x 1