What is the use of plans anymore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I mean most plans don't have a feat attached to them. And plan collection has not been increased since original 150 count. So what's the point of all the plans that drop that are not researched? It just increases the scrolling in the R&D station. Mostly that's used for salvaging anyway.

Does anyone actually create consumables tailored for the event or just run with Soda Cola Extreme that you have in abundance?
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I normally just slap them in the broker and go with the Extremes that I get, but never seem to use anyway. The plans seem to sell well enough, so I guess somebody must be using them for something.
  3. GermanM Committed Player

I create Nitro and Nutri sodas and use then instead of extreme soda because that´s the only way i would not forget use those. Tank´s create chronometric´s and dampening shield´s.

But yeah, they should have more uses and feats.
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

How much do you sell them for?
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Usually just the default price - 33,001. Sometimes more - 100,000. Sometimes drop down if there are a lot on the broker.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I send 'em to my alts to keep their generators paid for if I already collected them.

To the OP: I do create consumables for my main and alts to buff stats. For my main, it's usually for bounties and solo stuff where I don't care if I need to consume them if I get KO'd. Seasonal buff consumables are for group content. For alts, I don't bother with the seasonal consumables and just use the buff soders, but I only take them before content because I figure the buffs won't help much in a group that keeps wiping.
  7. myandria Item Storage

I use them to make items for my lower CR characters AND for my league base bank. I put them in the first level of the league bank so everyone can have access to them if they need them.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I use the Nitro and Flex regularly, and update those and the current Personal Dampening Field to the new version whenever a change in content occurs. They also sell for 23K a pop so it'll keep the lights on.
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Most of them are for collection reasons at this point but Nutri, Bulldozer Nitro and Flex will always have a place. I doubt the trolls bother with the vitalization one in this day and age.

Then you have Chronos... which every competent tank uses. Laziness is really the only excuse not to.

Static Grenades are good for might dps' that have a split second in their rotations where nothing is active. I used to see a lot at least.

The Explosive Detonator is great at one shotting people in PvP. Always a good time. Oops...

Dampening Fields are probably worth it for tanking if you're really struggling with elite or survival mode.

Other than that though? Yeah... it really isn't very well thought out. Most of them would dramatically reduce the dps' damage if they inserted them in their rotation.

It was cool back in the day some of them clipped powers.

One handed tap tap hold into gauss grenade into karmic hex was just nasty. Maybe they should do something like that again.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I like using the main ones: nutri, vita, nitro and flex's for all my toons. i consolidate all the plans on my main, mass produce every month or so and distribute them to everyone else as needed. I haven't bothered collecting plans on any other toons for a while now. I liked when you could demat them for league prestige.

I don't want crafting feats the way we had to for the MK 2's and 3's. I don't want to collect plans I wouldn't otherwise use just to avoid all the extra clutter at the r and d station. We have enough of that with generator mods now.
  11. El Guapo Well-Known Player

I don't understand why they put out chrono & damp plans every dlc, they all have the same capped crowd control duration & damage absorb. Well....within the passed few dlc's anyway.