Dev Discussion Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

With survival mode ending I would just suggest that they make rewards exclusive for the year, when SM returns, previous season rewards should become able to be purchased by anyone who has enough chips to purchase. This would encourage more player involvement, increase the purchase of data chips from the marketplace, and encourage the use of replay badges to reset rewards. Rewards shouldn't be exclusive to only those with the highest sp, max arts, op powers, and of course, the speed hackers and those people running with them. Give a bit of favor to those opening their wallets to purchase data chips. As of now there is no incentive to purchase chips from the marketplace, whatsoever.
    • Like x 3
  2. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I'd agree with this barring the round 30 reward. I think that should stay exclusive to those who completed that specific SM. Why should you get access to the lightning bolt from last year's SM (which was actually difficult) just because you completed the joke of a SM this year? P.S this is coming from someone who missed the rewards from the first SM as I wasn't around then :)
    • Like x 2
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Agree keep round 30 exclusive. I was running SM with a league mate on the first day and we got to round 10 in 45 minutes before disbanding. Then he found out he couldn't get the source lightning eagle after round 20 and he quit running because there was nothing else he wanted. I actually didn't buy the round 20 drone because I don't like it, but I would definitely would have bought the eagle.
    • Like x 2
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I am not saying give the trophies, titles, and/or any exclusive round 30 reward. I am strictly talking about companions, base pets, base items, auras, materials, and accessories in the vendor. I made it to round 16 and that was with several league mates and a few people from their friends list. We all have different IRL schedules and shouting in LFG for hours was a complete waste of time. People have all different progression points and having to say, "Hey, please leave, we would have to start all over if you stay," is not only not inclusive but condescending.

We would get a person to join and they would be on SM round 1 and have rainbow augments, level 0 Circe mask, tetrahedron, and pied pipers flute... A small percentage of the population will succeed and pass round 30. Keeping the items exclusive for the duration that SM is away will allow those that passed round 30 hold their flex for the year, which is fair. After that, allow people of all walks to buy data chips and purchase what they want. I would like to get the shadow eagle companion but unfortunately the way the vendors are set up, the only things I picked up were the supes hair and a few chrome companions. I'm sitting on over 300 data chips with nothing to purchase from the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I agree that there's no point making the base items, pets, companions and trinkets exclusive. I'd be fine with the r25 accessory from this SM being made available as there's no point in it being exclusive. But I still think the r30 material/crown/accessory should stay exclusive forever - which pains me to say because I really want the S1 crown :(
    • Like x 3