【OPINION】Might as well bring back 8 player Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I was initially going to start with something more neutral like wHaT dO yOu ThInK oF tHiS yEaR's Sm but I just can't say that in sincerity.
    My experience is that this year is a much more miserable than last time.

Let us start things on a lighter note: I loathe having Titans' training room as the background every single freaking time.
    It's so trite and unimaginative at this point. It's not like there aren't new options.
    Silent School. Atlantis Risen. House of Mystery. Phoenix Cannon. Clock Tower. Fractured God Sphere. Source Wall.
    Heck, even Olympus and Spindrift Station were never used.
    Not every one of those locations are perfect, sure, but why must this be recycled every ******* time?

So it turns out that needing 6 players for SM makes it even harder for a casual like me to form a group.
    No, I'm not talking about queueing On Duty alone, we all know that is a bad idea, but even then I have tried using it and getting a whole group is rare.
    Whether I'm trying to get a loot run going or finish some later rounds, LFG isn't very responsive most of the time.
    It seems like most players got this done in the first two weeks or so and barely anyone wants to run this in September.
    Except for those R7 17 27.
    It's not like LFG is filled with that all the time, but it is at least on par with R1-10 calls, and definitely more than those trying to get progress.
    This is when Abyssal Horns' gets way less desirable than last season, considering there's a 50% off on the price tag this time.

Speaking of loot, why are stuff so much worse this time around?
    No crown.
    Personally, I don't care about having one, but I am pretty astounded that devs don't even bother using recycling to make one.
    Is it that hard to make the sixth dimension headpiece that hovers and add some sparkles to it?
    or maybe it is since they haven't bothered shaving Kryptonian ombre hair.
    And for the last time, just because Probetek are henchmen doesn't mean they should be account bound, especially when these are not vendor items but actual RNG loot.
    Maybe those can be placed on the vendor next year but who am I kidding, that's just going to fall on deaf ears.

Did I mention this lovely thing called Speedhacking?
    SM reputation is already down the drain with those everywhere last time.
    Where exactly is the improvement?
    There's still barcode name advertising about that till the last day, as well as on YouTube.
    I even got tells to make deals under the table while I was calling for those later rounds no one bothers.
    Nobody cares whatever background adjustments devs installed to prevent illegitimate gameplay.
    We don't see any meaningful indication of punishment for those doing it and those who willingly participate in it.
    And it looks like that will never change.

Why not just bring back 8 player SM then?
    It's not like 6 players make it easier for casuals to form groups, so just have it with max players, those diehards can dish it out the first day no matter what.
    Add a R31 with a boss like Doomsday that can never die and gets stronger the longer the fight goes, so there's an actual see-how-long-you-can-last aspect to it.
    Aren't there any complaints that this is too easy compared to Elite+? Heck, aren't there complaints that Elite+ is too easy?
    After all, the point of Survival Mode isn't to use time-limited rewards to squeeze the cash out of newbies while the oldies have so much currency in abundance they don't care about running it anymore,
    it's to have fun facing challenges and see how strong you are. It's inherently for the elite. Just own it.
    • Like x 2
  2. L T Devoted Player

Well 6 was easier to form groups than 8 was. 4 was even better for group-forming, but the 4-person SM felt a lot harder than the 6-person variant.

Speed Hacking seemed a way bigger problem this time around. Is it a problem for the game long term? IDK but the speed hackers won't all go away with SM if they think they can make money on other things.
  3. Tolly Committed Player

the 1st boss room in the God of monster raid could be a perfect area to make a SM room, plus with lava jets it could make a really interesting SM.
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I know this suggestion may be a heavy burden on who builds the environments, but I think it would be much more enticing and appealing if the SM arena(s) was built like the Fractured God Sphere raid. That way, each boss would be able to have a nice and fitting arena instead of that boring Titan's room.

edit:

heck, even if not every boss was granted an unique arena, we could have gotten something like this if season 3 was styled like FGS:

European Village Battlefield:
    -Vandal Savage
    -Deathstroke

Apokolips:
    -Darkfather

Hell's Doorway:
    -Beastboy
    -Minotaur

6th Dimension Courtyard:
    -Cosmic Boy
    -Superman

Oan Sciencells: