Test Discussion I love DCUO so, it's the Witching Hour 2022 Rewards!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Sep 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Hello Fall Fans,

The Witching Hour returns to PC Test, and this is the official thread for feedback and bugs. I hope you like pumpkins, because our artists sure do; we have a slew of gourdy new rewards for you to check out.

Visit the vendor to pick up the following new styles and base items:
    • Spooky Ghosts Accessory
    • Pumpkin Knight's Helm
    • Pumpkin Knight's Sheathed Sword
    • Pumpkin Knight's Pauldrons
    • Pumpkin Patch Wagon
    • Spooky Pumpkinman
    • Creepy Fence
    • Pumpkin Torch
    • Pumpkin Wall Torch
    We also have some new feats:
    • En Gourd!
    • Hole-y Bedsheets, Batman?
    • Patch Pillager
    Additionally if you missed the Vampire Cape style you can purchase it from Doctor Fate for Fate Tokens during the event.
    As always thank you for your help and feedback!
    • Like x 11
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

"Hole-y Bedsheets, Batman"? Are we getting the classic ghost costume? With a bunch of holes in it like Charlie Brown's? Is Killer Croc gonna give us a rock - a big rock - instead of candy when we wear it? :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

Red Five, I appreciate sooo much the work you and the team puts towards content. Me and other crafters feel the lack of base items. We got four here, which are pretty nice to themselves, but I guess with the delay of base items in episodes we kind of expected more.

Also I love DCUO too, so we have something in common :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Vendor styles are account bound, base items aren't even tradable - is this intended?
    • Like x 2
  5. Achikah All About That Base

Energy Barriers AND a wooden fence half wall in the same week?! I've waited almost 10 years but half-walls are finally in, baby! Now MORE! >=D

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed at the yield of base items this year, but I do really love the fence and wagon. Hoping the Pumpkin Torch can clip (as in it won't move around like our boi, the Parrot) so we can have fun with the lil animated ghosties.

Will the autumn trees from the Vault be available to purchase with with Spooky Bites or Fate Tokens? Maybe in a box set like the Evil Trees from years past?

Gonna also leave my seasonal request thread for Halloween goodies for the next Witching Hour like the dead horse kicker I am.

Thanks for the treats- a fun-sized candy bar is always better than no candy at all. ;D
    • Like x 4
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

I love DCUO so, it's the Witching Hour 2022 Rewards!

This is hilarious!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Achikah All About That Base

So, I just found out about the pricing of the new items, specifically the furniture pieces.

What was the rationale for pricing them so steeply compared to other years?

I understand having moveable or animated base companions be in the 100/50 realm, but 25 for the Wagon and the Pumpkinman? I haven't seen these yet since I'm not actually on test, but are these interactive or item granters? Because, if not, that's a ridiculous price.
    Even more egregious is the 15 mark price tag for the Fences. I assume those are a simple furniture item, ones us decorators are going to need quite a few of to make a proper fence/border.

I can definitely understand and forgive a 5 piece furniture drop for a major seasonal, but I cannot fathom why they're priced that high.
    • Like x 4
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I'
    I'm really sorry but this is a very underwhelming list and the prices are ridiculously expensive! 5 base items total?

Prices:
    • Spooky (flat 2d ghosts) accessory - 100 spooky bits.
    • Head, Shoulder, Back costume parts - 50 spooky bits each.
    • Pumpkin Cart - 25 spooky bits
    • Pumpkinman (snowman made of pumpkins, no animations, doesn't pass anything out) - 25 spooky bits
    • Creepy fence (old wooden fence - large bounding box, could be a tad smaller on the edges for clipping) - 15 spooky bits
    • Pumpkin Torch - 15 spooky bits
    • Pumpkin Wall Torch (has major placement issues, just like the skelly hand torch it's modded from) - 15 spooky bits.
    The pumpkin wall torch and the candle sconce it may have been modified from do not place well in some areas of some bases like the gothic base on the pillars and the jutting half pillar wall parts (near the stairs). There is no reason for this to happen because that torch and the other one are TINY and yet unlike other wall torches they can't be placed there and I've reported this last year. https://i.imgur.com/vGrzLn5.jpg

The creepy fence has a large bounding/collision box and the sides can't slightly clip into the walls making it harder to place but the collision/bounding box is pretty tight to the model, just could be relaxes inwards a tad.
    The pumpkin man is nice looking but no animations at all, not even a random head turn or hand twitch and the staff is imo a bit much as he's already a pumpkin but it's not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. No animations sucks for the cost and not even anything like the teekle bucket that gives out anything either.

The fact that we're only getting 5 items is incredibly disappointing when there were and are many suggestions that would not take much time for your artists to modify, less than making the wall torch did, and yet have been ignored. Here are a few just off the top of my head from other threads.
    • Fireflies. - Just take the fireflies off the fireflies with grass item and make them a standalone place-able.
    • Deep Fog patches - thicken the height of current fog patchs so they're a bit deeper, like ankle/shin high on the sprite character model.
    • Shuffling Skeleton - this is in-game and shuffling around near Tala in House of Legends. Just make it a base item.
    • Bat Swarm - this is also near Tala in House of Legends over one of the pumpkins or the caskets. Just make that a base item. Ceiling and floor version.
    • Long Arkham fence with Gate - take the long arkham fence and add an open gate to the middle of it. or Just the gate as a place-able aka remove 2 of the bars at the bottom so it has a hinged end and no dragging middle parts. doesn't have to move.
    • Arkham Fence Gate - same as above but just the stand-alone gate. Same size as the small arkham fence, hell just modify that.
    These would take very little time and expand the base items by doubling them. The prices need to be in line with previous items instead of these inflated prices for so very few items.

I do want to say that the fence and the pumpkin man and the cart look fantastic and are a welcome addition to Halloween items. Same for all the items stacking.
    • Like x 5
  9. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I just got the joke. LOL
  10. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Hi Red Five, I wanted to ask, and believe I might have mentioned it last year, but is there any possibility that we could have the Trick or Teekl Buckets change from one time use items after opening to work similarly to the Lamp of Van Helsing, where in real world we can consider it a reusable bucket over a one time use, and in-game to have it provide us with the same bucket at base 0 xp upon opening a max XP one and getting the rewards? Just thought it would be a lot more easier on the inventory as well rather than having to store them in bulk and then not be able to open them until next year (which is true for a number of my alts).
    • Like x 7
  11. Sturmlocke New Player

"I love dcuo so,..."

What did I miss? :D
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well i will be skipping this event then, im not paying 15 spookies for a nontradeable base item and i sure as hellfire will not be buying account bound styles at inflated prices either.
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

We're all just loving on the game lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I hope that this is a bug, but at the moment all new base items are not tradable .... given the prices, it looks like a mockery of the decorators' communities ... (if the prices themselves can be justified by a similar set of base items costs needed for feats from past seasons, then the inability to transmit even between alts, this is unacceptable....)
    • Like x 5
  15. Eve YouTuber

I don't feel mocked but I can't speak for others. I think things can still change (At least price wise and with stuff being account bound\untradeable) Because it could honestly be a bug. We had this happening before on a few seasonals.

I guess what they can take from it is:
    - Give us more base items, next year for the very least
    - Reduce the prices on the current base items, as there aren't that many anyway and the prices aren't justified.
    - Make it so we can trade with others, put on broker or move to other characters.

The most important thing to me is that despite being understaffed they are still pushing out base items and it means they aren't giving up on the crafters community. But currently they aren't able to do more, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Can you get candy from the Undead trick or treater and the Teekl bucket candy dispenser once a day ?
    are the dropped trinkets stronger during the event? I did not see it in the description.
    what kind of missions does the undead trick or treater give you ?
    Black Adam should just say "health regeneration" as apposed to "as well as healing" if it does not actually increase restoration, I almost thought it was a healer ally. lol

other than that
    nice styles
  17. King Bakes Well-Known Player

It's most certainly not a bug.

The prices are inflated because if they made the prices low, everyone would finish the feats within a week and stop playing the event. By making the items account bound and with high prices, people will need to spam replay badges or play the event daily for the duration of the event in order to get the feats.

They did this with the homecoming seasonal and I can't see it changing. If they lower the prices and take away the account bound thing, how else will they get people to purchase replays from this event? :) obviously there's the counter argument whereby people could spend replays on farming items to sell on the broker which I raised on another thread in regards to the homecoming seasonal items but I was ignored.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Also one more question concerning a past item, would it be possible to get Victorian Detective Face Mask (Batman: Nevermore) to have a Head style variant, just to be the exact same style but work in the head slot instead of the face for the same 10 Spooky Bites price? Perhaps that could also be a way to slightly lessen the prices of the new style items, 50 each for 3 items, to perhaps 40?
    • Like x 6
  19. Eve YouTuber

Well, I think the seasonals aren't supposed to be like episodes. They should be fun and not a grind, so if this is the new approach, it takes away from the point of seasonals. It can still change, though, I definitely won't start a riot but will try to help them see another perspective of this.
    • Like x 4
  20. Imaginos Dedicated Player

The Undead Trick-or-Treater passes out a bag when you interact with him. Not really a mission. Closest to a real mission is chasing Myx down and picking up his coins, then going back to him to get your reward.

The Undead Trick-or-Treater and the Teekl Bucket Candy Dispenser can be interacted with 1/day by the owner to get their item(s). Teekl drops various halloween candies for using in the trick or teekl buckets. The Undead Trick-or-Treater gives out an item called Spooky Bag of Treats. It says he has a mission but really it's just the mission window with the click to get your bag button on it. The spooly bag of treats says "Open this bag to receive several fall seasonal rewards". I opened one and got 2 halloween trick bombs and one halloween treat candy
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.