I love DCUO so, no more Generator Crafting!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Sep 21, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I didn't want to feel left out with the titling thing. I'm actually not that fed up, just don't care for how it is right now.

First of all, YES, it is better than episode 40's system. A lot better for one character account. (In a way, 40 was better for a whole account, but not worth it in the end.)
    YES, I've made a thread about this twice before. This is something that really needs to change, especially since it is still using a very antiquated system and with the next DLC probably about one month away, I would like to mention it again.

With that said, here are the reasons I feel a change is needed:
    • It's not modular. With how augments took over gear mods, why can't we have a similar system done for these? Where if we do a power change or even just a spec, we don't have to go through the whole system of replacing mods. Yes, a time sink is needed for this game, but with how frustrating the system is, it's a detriment to wanting to do it again.
    • The crafting system is riddled with bugs and with how the archive system just randomly resets, the sheer amount of plans in the list makes it hard to scroll and craft when you want to. It refreshes to the top of the list after every craft.
    • There is no such thing as rarity. A previous episode's x.4 mod is immediately replaced with the new x.0 mod. Especially since this is supposed to be an investment, this makes the system just not worth doing for anything other than the one character for feats. If we have to use this system, do we need to craft them every dlc? Like, I get it, feats feats and feats, but it wouldn't be bad to allocate those feat points to another objective based thing in an instance or open world option.
    • I also am confused why we need x.0, x.1, x.2, and x.3 variants. If the XP fortification system is not going to happen, is there a reason why we can't just have two versions? One drop and one crafted.
    • The crafted mods are NOT account bound? Why not? The plans and the materials are, but why not the crafted mods? This is not a means to get players to get their alts to craft, but a deterrent on it. Where a player just resigns alts to dropped only in the hopes of them getting x.2 or x.3 mods.
    Thank you for reading and please be courteous in reply. If you like or hate the system, more power to you. You can voice it and counter the points. A discussion is encouraged, but there is no reason to just be insulting to others too.
    -BB
    • Like x 16
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

SECONDED!!
    • Like x 2
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

+1

A rubbish system with no redeeming features.
    • Like x 3
  4. El Presidente Well-Known Player

I love DCUO so , YES!!
    • Like x 3
  5. GermanM Committed Player

+1
    • Like x 2
  6. GermanM Committed Player

I just saw someone change the name of our thread´s xD
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

I never bothered with the system, not even for the feats. It's just not...worth it for me. I don't want to burn myself out further grinding in a non-fun way for something that isn't worth it at the end for me.

Also, Why are all the threads titled "I love DCUO?" (I can live with that!)
    • Like x 4
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm okay with that. I just was following the titling theme. <3 Oh Mepps, we love you!
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

He should make it a Forums requirement to name every thread "I love DCUO - Insert Subject"
    Go Mepps! haha
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Well, it's true. We wouldn't be upset if we didn't love the game. <3
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think they were looking for some way to make crafting relevant again; and this was a good stab at it, but it needs refinement.

I still wish they would look at artifact crafting. Take two sympathetic artifacts and combine them to make a new artifact that has some or all of the abilities of both. For instance - Dead King’s Scepter plus the Philosopher’s Stone (with a new icon showing the stone now mounted in the head of the scepter). This new artifact would boost the orbital and the supply drop at the same time; and people are already using both of these through artifact swapping.

It’s a revenue stream they’re leaving on the table. Disable artifact tac swapping, but give players the same option to use more than one artifact by grinding out the crafting. It’s an extra to equalize everything that’s already happening in the game without the need to add a slot
    • Like x 1
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I hate the system, but I think that could be improved if the mods were consolidated by their colour, i.e. Domination, Restoration and Vitalization available from a box where you can choose between either. No more of this bull**** of only getting Might mods on Precision characters and vice versa. All the materials and mods should also be made account bound.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I personally liked the T5 mods boxes. Where you could choose the one you wanted. No getting Restoration when you need Power or Health, etc.
    • Like x 3
  14. Tolly Committed Player

They are doing everything to disgust players to play a secondary role and where, secondary characters, never seen another game do such a stupidity and because of that, afterwards, we spend hours to find tank or troll type roles to create a group.

Upgrading the augmentations, as if 1 wasn't enough, they decided that you have to have 2 augmentations (DLC) and therefore, potentially 4, if you want to play the secondary role + the 4 character augmentations, therefore, possibly 8 if you want to play the secondary role it's completely crazy what they are doing to the game.

Not to mention the really annoying generator mods for those who want to play the 2 roles of their power.

I think they forgot that we are human beings with a life behind us...
    • Like x 3
  15. BumblingB I got better.

There are a lot of things made over the years that made alts difficult to maintain or worth having outside of trying to get stuff for your main.
    • Like x 1
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I used to think players were lazy for only doing dps before artifacts. Now I can't really blame them too much because it's so expensive to level them up to 160 or 200. I've also had to feed episode augment catalysts from alts to my main just to level those up too. The game has become very unfriendly to playing alts and they are really just farmers. Yes you can level up artifacts with double xp over the course of multiple years, but new players are pretty much stuck trying to get maxed out at end game on 1 main.
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I'm really not happy with the Adaptive Augments either, but that might be better for another thread. There is definitely a lot wrong with them that warrants a thread of their own.

On topic, I can see the generator system being transitioned to something like the Origin Augments. Like, cap them like we have for OA's and move the cap up each DLC. We can't feed OA's into each other, so there is still grind involved and we can get XP feed as drops, just like we have Exobytes do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

19. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

That is the one thing I think that rp 40 got right with crafting. It was "support", "offense" and health/power. You could choose which one you want.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I did mention that 40 had better options for alts, since the crafted boxes were account bound, but everything else was too much. I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome from all the clicking I had to do to get one 40.4 mod. It was definitely detrimental and probably one of the most hated crafting options in the game. Second would be monthly content crafted gear then probably the old gear mod system that this replaced.