Compensation for the bank - not whine fest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Showtizzle, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Showtizzle New Player

So from what I gather the reason the bank is down is because of duping items or something (I play on Xbox and from the lfg this seems to be a pc only exploit) since we aren’t the cause of this, are paying for legendary which includes extended bank access that is taken down over something that has nothing to do with our server, can we get a little something for the major QOL inconvenience? If not that’s unfortunate but it is what it is. Not whining, but it never hurts to ask. You don’t owe us sh** but would be a nice gesture. And if this were xbox/ps as well my apologies, I don’t cheat or even know how to on the game and am going off the lfg chatter.

Be well and peace.
    • Like x 3
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Can you show me the evidence that its a PC exploit?
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The caveat was provided with an apology if it wasn't just PC. I suspect this is multi-platform or it would only affect PS/PC shared banks. I do hope they sort it out and provide honest players with something, even if it is merely to spite the players who are suspended for their dishonesty as in the case with the artifacts exploit.
    • Like x 2
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

They need to make this game free to play. No more paying to play. :D

It's the only thing that will make this situation better.
    • Like x 3
  5. Tolly Committed Player

For that, it would be necessary that the game is held by a mobile game studio, the only ones that offer most of the time rewards after regular maintenance or not, at this level for the mentality of PC games, there is still work to do...
    • Like x 1
  6. Showtizzle New Player

If they can’t comprehend a post, they sure as heck won’t understand the word ‘caveat.’
    • Like x 2
  7. Amoxin Well-Known Player

At this point, I just want it to be fixed. There are things in my shared bank that I would like to have access to. I could care less about any QoL compensation. I just want access to my catalysts that I put in there for easy access storage.
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This game already is free to play, even though I am still a paying yearly member, who also can not access my Shared Bank.
    • Like x 4
  9. Tolly Committed Player

I think we're all in this together^^, but compensation for depriving the players of the shared bank for a whole weekend and probably more, would be the least they could do!
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope... the least they can do is restore the bank. Any compensation should be on top of that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for compensation, but I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't happen. I just want my bank back. I've been at the MMO game way too long to know that usually compensation is negligible at best, if it is given at all.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I genuinely don't care about compensation. I just want me bank back. that's it. at the moment, it's not the end of the world, it's an annoyance, but pretty soon-ish it's going to become a big problem.
    • Like x 3
  13. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I don't think they locked the shared bank because of an exploit, I think they just broke it by accident and are scrambling to figure out what they did to the spaghetti code to break it in the first place.

The shared bank was locked on each server after the hofix, EU reported first since the hotfix hit them first, then it basically hit everyone else; if they had locked it in response to an exploit they would've just locked all servers at one time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I thought for sure that the Big Grin :D emoticon would have gotten me a "LOL!"...:p

Can confirm Shared Bank is working again on both US PC and EU PC. For me at least.
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Well, in my defense, I am a lot blonde lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Tolly Committed Player

in the head or aesthetically? xd
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Game is already 100% free to play.
    Your progression is a little slower an thats it really.
    How much more do you want for free? I mean, anything you get for contributing 0 should be a win no?
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Both lol
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Those of us who have paid memberships and bought all the extra bank slots might want to have a word......
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We don't need compensation...though it would be appreciated as always I'd never say no to free stuff.;)

If this was a bug related to an update...fix it so it doesn't happen again. Mistakes you don't learn from are the worst kind. IF it were done to combat some underlying exploit...just communicate that and hopefully that the exploit is fixed before the bank is re-enabled and the exploiters punished.
    • Like x 4