Was 2022 a good year for dcuo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Sep 18, 2022.

1. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I know, we still have a dlc left, but as of right now what are the thoughts? What was it lacking? How did it improve on 2021? How can dcuo improve 2023 ?
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Let's see.
    1. the year started off with over 800 player accounts getting suspended for cheating
    2. we got a couple terrible time capsules and a rehashed time capsule
    3. a rehashed booster bundle
    4. no summer sale :(
    5. no batman day :(
    6. only 2 episodes this year instead of 3
    7. shared banks are shut down without any explanation as to why
    8. oh yeah and the former CEO left the company to make mobile games and took a number of developers with him :eek:

no new powers. a lot of things are still broken. pvp is still awful but hey they managed to push out another season of survival mode and a brand new seasonal. so it can't get much worse in 2023.
    • Like x 8
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I have high hopes for this Black Adam DLC. Time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  4. Skoll Well-Known Player

Quite arguably one of the worst years. But there is still time to make it better, or more likely if we’re being honest, worse.
    • Like x 5
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nope, one of the worst lol.

Like said above, we started the year with a game breaking bug that got almost a thousand players banned. We lost Oceans, then the CEO left the company and took some of the best devs with him, including Charon, who was one of the best designers and communicators since launch. Then we had 1 DLC and 2 systems cancelled/delayed... Not to mention the only episode we had was meh.

On the bright side:
    The new 6 players SM was fun and a success, besides the balancing being a bit off.
    We got a new event that will be recurrent.
    We got to put our hands into some OG materials and auras again.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Very very bad year id say the worst ive seen in dcuo, i hope with all the new devs the next year is gonna be different. I also found 2021 to be a very bad year btw. Also depending on how this next dlc turns out and what happens with the shared bank fiasco
    • Like x 2
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The past couple of years show the sad truth of a game in a terrible, harsh decline. All fingers must point to the cause, the developers.
    • Like x 3
  8. Eve YouTuber

No, 2022 wasn't a good year. Mainly because a lot of Devs left. And this left a huge, bad impact on the game. BUT, I am hopeful for 2023. They will get the new Devs going, I see more jobs are being filled on their website too, It's just going to take time to see things as usual again. I don't like seeing the capsules being the main thing either, I would prefer content to play. Survival mode is a success, for sure, due to it being six-man, but again, It's for a tiny fraction of the community. Homecoming event is great, but there is not much to do because we are just at the very beginning so not much to farm for, anyway.

I am looking forward to the Black Adam episode because this is fresh and actually something that would be huge deal breaker for me.
    I don't play much, I just got a few of my irl friends into the game so it keeps me abit busy. The only thing I am really sad about is that Mepps said that Extra Life might not happen this year. Like, the page is all set, me and others including Ex-Dev Oceans already raised 1k+ money for the kids, but they probably don't have the team or resources to do anything this year. (Though, rewards will come back, he said). Shared bank being disabled is bad, but I am not completely sure it will stay disabled. It is too important of a feature for that. Could it have been handled better? Sure, but It's going to be ok. We will get it back.

They did start to stream again, do sweepstakes, and more. When they released Krypto, Mepps sat there retweeting pets pictures from the community and it was so fun! So they are trying. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, even if I am irritating with the current situation of the game. I remain hopeful. It's life and there are going to be better days and worse days.
    • Like x 8
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Pros:
    - power balances
    - SC/power cost fix
    - Too man QoL changes to count
    - new homecoming event
    - the shaded comic material
    - extra LPVE bonus

Cons:
    - Both episodes launched in a really bad state, and although Legion of Doom was 2021, the problems dragged into 2022
    - Both episodes, Legion of Doom & Dark Knights were launched as an incomplete DLC. the advanced difficulty content was added weeks later, launch everything at once, or don't at all.
    - Minimal new artifacts
    - Allies still not working quite as they should (either getting CC'd or missing or just plain not attacking)
    - Crucial staff left
    - The rehash capsules and booster bundles felt like a cashgrab
    - No batman day stuff
    - less company transparency and even worse, deliberate avoidance of the problems in the development updates
    - the last development update that basically said 'only 2 episodes' next year
    • Like x 3
  10. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I've been a monthly subscriber for about 7 years. I made the decision that starting in October I am going free to play.

The devs that left, the lackluster development update this month and now this shared bank issue in which I feel the powers that be just don't really care. I'm sure there will be compensation on the other end of this, but I'd gladly forgo that in exchange for an in game notification and an actual customer service oriented apology post on the forums - show us that they care!

Instead of heading into a bold new future, it feels like the game is winding down.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This should be interesting....
    [IMG]
  12. Tolly Committed Player

Most certainly the worst year of DCUO, about 800 accounts temporarily or permanently banned (because of an artifact glitch they knew about from the test server...), but few players permanently banned, supposedly, however, a very important impact on the EU server...

- SM not very active on the EU server, besides most of them ended up with speed hackers in the first days, in my opinion this SM is a failure.

- Leagues die on the EU server in summer time...

- Very little DLC in addition to a saturation of Batman content...

- Impact of the stat clamp that is most certainly felt now in the game, community divided on the subject,...

and still poor communication from Daybreak when there are various problems with the game, I thought D-INK was there to improve things?

So far, a very bad year for this game!
    • Like x 5
  13. L T Devoted Player

2/3 of a Dev Team.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

2022 was a bad year for DCUO no doubt about it. Hopefully next year it gets better not worse. Fingers crossed
    • Like x 1
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Bingo. This year has been, without a doubt, the worst year for DCUO.

[IMG]
    • 2 episodes this year
    • Mass exodus of development staff and leadership
    • 1-year anniversary of the God-awful stat clamp
    • Players either leaving in droves, or un-subbing, with a community divided
    • Shared bank disabled EDIT: Now working
    • Hackers openly posting in LFG and nothing being done about them
    • Totally out-of-whack in-game currency economy, with no infrastructure to support it, causing scammers to flourish (raise the broker limit and trade limit!)
    Have we actually hit rock bottom? Will 2023 be any better? Time will tell!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

In a vacuum, yeah. This year was rough. But...have you gotten off the internet this year? Touched some grass? I don't know any business or many people that HAVE had a good year. The pandemic has caused a lot of ripple effects that we're all working through. EVERYone I know has had a lot of turnover in the past couple of years, which slows production, which causes frustration.

This is the semi-annual reminder not to be absolute chodes. It's one thing to be frustrated and want to commiserate, but focusing ire at people who are still here and are working to right the ship isn't exactly productive. In fact, it sort of leads to more people wanting to jump ship and ESPECIALLY not hop on the forums and interact with everyone. Not everyone is built to be a Mepps, who gets to read all of the pure, constant rage and stay mostly sane...or at least keep up appearances. That level of compartmentalization is almost frightening.

I used to do some customer service work, but it was in person. That changes the dynamic, because if half of what was said here was said to my face, hands would be thrown. Some of y'all just weren't raised right.

• Like x 3
  17. STsource Well-Known Player

18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol damn when you see it this just really opens your eyes but agreed this is just really sad .
    • Like x 2
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

A studio in active development doesn't take 1 year to hire new devs. Just hire new devs and pay them to get the job done.
    I think it's clear that this game is in maintenance mode, just releasing silly events and just cosmetic stuff till someone turns off the lights.
    • Like x 4
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Define "good"? :)