HOLY Oversaturation Batman!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reigning_Kaos, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Reigning_Kaos Level 30

I don't mind the ally system. I actually really like it as it adds something different to gameplay and strategies to implement in content and that's to be commended. But JESUS CHRIST out of 11 soon to be 12 released legendary allies a third of them are Batman. And unfortunately with the track record dcuo has of Batman bias (look no further than the myriad of batman skins for legends pvp/pve) it's kind of disheartening that you guys literally have a wealth of allies to pull from and it just seems like it's always the "break glass in case of emergency" is always a new batman SOMETHING.
    • Like x 10
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

You described a WB/DC issue, not a Developer issue lol
    • Like x 6
  3. Reigning_Kaos Level 30

Nobody is denying that dc/wb doesn't do this hell look at how many batman movies there are but I digress. It doesn't change the fact that it's an eye rolling amount of batman
    • Like x 1
  4. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

this isnt DC Comics i dont buy this excuse sry other companys let batman die ...suicide squad kill the justice league even give us villians we can play

it is the lazy way to earn money a way Daybreak was make to an art we always get ignored if we say something what we like to see here
  5. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Big Three. That's how it works sometimes.

I'll give Bats another pass here. As the only human superhero to ever dodge an Omega Beam he's ALPHA in my book.

So far, we've had at least TWO WW's as well....

Personally I'd like to see a Lantern or two SOON....either one of the three below OR Hal, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica or Alan.

[IMG]

Or give us a THANAGARIAN in lieu of one being in Black Adam movie. Doesn't have to be the one from the movie, either.

I'd be ok with Hawkgirl, too.

[IMG]

After THIS Batman, though - I'd like to deviate for a while from the Big Three.
    • Like x 4
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

There's no such thing as too much batman.
    • Like x 2
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Don't forget the Reds and Yellows.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

We still don't have a circe allie and she is the villains magic mentor but we have 3 batman and what make it worse is the batman allies have good passive so I had to get them
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They did say they were going to have our Mentors be eventually Allies so original Batman with original Superman checks out. That means we're due for original Wonder Woman too even though we have a bit of WW already. That also means eventually we're getting Circe and Joker too so I'm not complaining. Yeah there's a lot of Batman content in DCUO but they get around to adding others too we just need to be patient.
    • Like x 1
  10. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Yes there is
    • Like x 4
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Funny, I thought this was supposed to be Lantern Universe Online. I mean, that's what we heard over and over and over and over and over and over again when the War of the Light series was part of the content releases.

Even though it had been a few years between the release of Fight for the Light and the first part of War of the Light.

And there were two other content series being released alongside WotL centered on Wonder Woman and the New Gods.

I'm honestly surprised we didn't hear those refrains start up again with the release of some Star Sapphire stuff at Valentine's Day, not to mention getting Ultraviolet Lantern goodies AND the floating Lantern emblems in the last two episodes.

Sometimes it's all a matter of what a person concentrates their attention on, and if tunnel vision sets in it's easy to miss what else is taking place.
    • Like x 3
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

We have 17 allies... and 4 of them are batmans....
    We only have 4 rare allies...but we have 4 batmans...
    We have 3 epic allies... but for that we have 4 batmans....
    We have 4 female allies...but we have 4 different batmans...
    We have 6 mentors ... of which 1 is canonical, 2 others are represented by dubious varieties, and 2 are not represented at all ... but we have 4 batmans ...
    We have a whole universe filled with an army of various heroes and villains ... but they are not among the allies ... but we have 4 batmans ...

If the developers had first filled in these gaps, and only then riveted another batman, few would have objected ....
    I don’t know, maybe the community loves batman so much that they will eat this cactus with all the needles ... but for me personally, the news of another batman was the last straw when deciding on a long break from the DCUO ...
    • Like x 6
  13. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Ngl it truly feels like Lantern lore/characters/gears/story etc outweighs any other concept in DCUO. They even included in 2 individual seasonal events.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So seventeen total, and just under a quarter of them are Batman.

I'd be able to go along with the oversaturation line of thought if it was half or better. But less than a quarter? That's a tough sell for me, especially since it's a relatively new feature/addition to the game and there's still plenty of characters they can work with.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Half? Well, let me give you a more detailed line about mentors, out of 8 allies displaying mentors, these are 4 batmans, just half .... the rest are 2 ww 1 superman and 1 Lex, there is no Joker and Circe at all ....
    • Like x 1
  16. Reigning_Kaos Level 30

I stated of the LEGENDARY allies with the release of this batman a THIRD of them are batman. That's not oversaturation?!
    • Like x 2
  17. Tolly Committed Player

I think the devs forgot that they are on DC Universe Online and not Batman Universe Online...

I thought that a yearly thematic story system could be good on this game, but finally, seeing this, I find it extremely unpleasant x)
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah..... I have a lot of bias towards Batsy and I am very Bat-centric personally, so the fact that I'm so antsy for literally anything else other than him def says something lmao. Like... at least give us other Batfamily characters if you're gonna drown us in Bat-stuff! The only Bat-Stuff I really have left that I want at this point is stuff to do with everyone BUT Bruce. But what I really have an itch for is more Supes and related characters content, though a lot of that is due to my early personal experiences with the game lmao. I think I'm gonna implode if we get one more Metal episode even within the next 5 years lmao. The only Dark Knight I care about beyond "that's a neat concept" is The Drowned and that's only because she's hot, ngl.

Doesn't help that I still need some base items from MP1 elite raid drops, so unless I suddenly win the lottery, I'm gonna have to eventually get around to some runs of those..... >.>
  19. BumblingB I got better.

BWL shouldn't count. Not even voiced by the same guy. :p (God I hate the Metal stories...)

I'll probably be picking up Batman, but I doubt I'll level him. His passives are not great.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In-game Batman and Batman Who Laughs are both voiced by Kevin Conroy.