Yeah....Punish The Freeloaders

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Sep 13, 2022.

1. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Implement a 30 second window to leave the entrance & participate in seaonals. Im sick of these dudes. They do it on purpose, it doesn't make sense, but EVERY seasonal they come out of the woodwork & literally stay attentive to the group doing all the work without ever trying to help, they grab their loot & leave before anyone else.

I don't care for these people. They can do it over after they get bounced. They're intentional @ssholes
    • Like x 17
  2. GermanM Committed Player

Happen a lot when they put stabilizer duo´s, ussualy i wait to see if they are going to do something, if not i change character or leave the instance if i can.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And if they step one foot outside the spawn area....then squat? All for the idea, but the issue always is...any system that would be put together to curb this behavior could also be mis interpreted or still ignored. A damage threshold (like PvP) is about the only thing that MIGHT work, but if you are a healer or troll who is mainly tossing powers, you don't do a lot of damage. I tanked for the 'pacifist' feat the other day and I only put out 1800 boss damage by the end as I was only using lasso to grab up the adds and keep them alive. Guess I don't get paid, but the other 3 get their feat?

For this one at least (because of the adds) it's easier to see the issue coming. If someone is still at or just outside of spawn while you are sweeping up the last of the adds, leave, or if it's been 5 min...kick. Personally I have not run into any squatters this time...no where near as much as we see in the Summer or Winter events where you won't see the squatting till you are already in the fight.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The only "squatting" I see in this Event is someone who queued into the instance on two accounts simultaneously. Ah well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I've been noticing a lot more AFKers in Homecoming compared to last Seasonal Summer and Spring before that. And given this is the FIRST week, let that sit in. Very lazy and horrible players are deciding not even try to do NEW content and just freeloading the first few days. I'm honestly hoping this isn't a bloody trend going or anything. I didn't remember Valentine's and Anniversary or Christmas or Halloween last year having that much incidents of AFK. If this happens again this Halloween I really think the Devs should consider if we can shorter kick times as a result.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is one standing still? And how do you know they are 'together'? I did run into 2 guys in the same league, and one guy wasn't sitting still 100%, but the 2nd guy was doing most of the work it seemed. Not sure what the point of that was though...maybe one was squishy and they wanted to make sure he could get the no death feat?
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I may or may not actually be speaking from past experience, but I'd move it to the right spots and toss some pets/orbitals/abilities but mostly focusing burn with main :p
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Something really has to be added that detects and acts on these AFK patterns. Game Update 127 has something similar where an in-game activity triggers Windows functionality.

-----------------------------------------
    General
    Taskbar Flashing (PC Only)
    • Added support for flashing the game on the taskbar if something important happens while DCUO is not your currently active window, including:
    • Your On-Duty queue is ready.
    • You receive a group or league invitation.
    • You receive a tell.
    • You receive a trade or duel request.
    • You (or your pets) take damage.
    -----------------------------------------

Maybe this same technology can be used to bounce them out of the game.

This has been a known issue for many years now. I thought introducing a new event would have some kind of safegaurd, but it's just the same format that's vulnerable to the same exploits. Seasonal event exploits need higher priority now more than ever since the whole calendar is saturated. Considering they repeat annually, over the course of many years a player will spend more time in a seasonal than any 1 DLC.
    • Like x 3
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

I did experience an unforeseen benefit of this the other day. Usually it's like herding cats to get a group to use the shields for the omniblast feat. However in the group I was in, two people went AFK from the git go. So when the fight started by necessity since there were just two of us we had to hide for the blast and ended up getting the feat.

That aside, to get rewards you should at the very least not have zero damage.
    • Like x 2
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

This happens to me every 1 in 10 runs. The seasonal is not long enough for me to bother with them. I was on one alt that was so weak along with the 2 other players who were participating that the freeloader had to join in to complete it.

But can we do away with the hallway adds and just cut to the boss like other seasonals.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah the first night you were able to just do the first batch, then get close to the room and it would trigger. I liked that option as the adds ONLY make sense for working towards the feat...and even without the hallway adds, by the time you'd run it 10-12 times, just the room adds would probably have gotten you there.

Once the feat is popped (likely everyone has gotten it by now), the adds are just a pain for no reason.
    • Like x 1
  12. spikeat Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    The adds feat could've been easily incorporated in the boss room.
    • Like x 1
  13. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Bruh im on ps4 it takes me longer than that just to load in
    • Like x 3
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

True. Sometimes PS4 loading screens too long you can finish some raids before you get in. But being honest most AFKers I've noticed are PCs so think about that.
  15. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Im on ps4 too. Your internet must be @ss then.
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Somehow, only today I got my first freeloader in the new event. A cr372 fully coated in the new SM R30 material...

The whole "wait 5 minutes before kicking" needs to be removed or shortened to 1 or 2 minutes, and the option needs to be made available while in combat.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They need to do something.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 1