DEVS - Please read

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Please start adding quality to the game, not quantity. I posted in another thread but I wanna make sure it's heard. This game is a redundant nightmare. All you do and add window dressing and missions but do not add anything to the quality of the game.

Games like Eve Online, Star Wars, etc... take years to get your avatar advanced enough to be a real dominating force in their universes. DCUO I can level up a toon on a new account for current end game content in a week or so. I have seen people do it.

Remember, Add quality not quantity for awhile. Enhance the game along with adding to it.
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, if they try to do that, the forums will be full of threads screaming about the lack of new content, and the long wait between episodes, within a couple of days. :(
    • Like x 4
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Years to reach top level? That’s insane. Even the biggest MMO of all time, WoW had to streamline much of their leveling to get players to end game faster since the times are a changing. So many more options out there and lack of attention spans due to content overload from not just gaming, but other avenues means that companies have to keep people engaged and reward them sooner (or give way$ to accelerate the proce$$) rather than later. People won’t put in the work. Sure you have the hardcore Mmo enthusiasts (myself included) that would like a more traditional gaming experience, but those days are gone. ‘Take years or minutes with these replays/cr skips/xp boosters/scanners…..or buy any one of our vast wardrobe to rerun extremely old content in.’ Is all you can look forward to being constantly added to the game in favor of fun content.

This used to be a top tier title, and felt like a real game. Now it’s something that resembles any mobile game you can buy off the google marketplace. What a shame. Enjoy it for what it is while it lasts, the glory days of old are gone and aren’t coming back with this team.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

The game is done like the person above said enjoy it while it lasts its counting its last decade theres also no effort to balance meta cheesing and things are being called „unintented feature with gray area“ aka we wont fix it because a few potential angry spenders mean more then overall game balance.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s always funny seeing all the doom and gloom people talking as if dcuo is the worst game ever while still playing lol. If you hate it that much why play?

If they delay a dlc to make improvements than players complain of lack of content. If they put out constant dlcs than people complain about there not being any quality of life changes. While there are things I feel need to improve with the game, overall they have done a good job with balancing QoL changes with content release. They won’t ever please everyone. But tbh, at this point who cares. Someone will always be unhappy. So as long as they make changes based on the games overall health than the game will continue.
    • Like x 6
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Exactly right. Whatever they do, somebody will always complain about it, and declare that the game is dead (and has been since the day it launched).
    • Like x 6
  7. GermanM Committed Player

You are not considering artifact´s and allies here. And artifact´s are now the heart of your character´s so... unless you pay a lot, it will take you more then a week to level them to a decent lvl.

But yeah, there are a lot of thing´s they can do to make this game better.
  8. Tolly Committed Player

It's sad to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a while, the studio announces its end or pulls the plug on DCUO, in my opinion the studio doesn't have the human capacity to bring anything new to the game anymore, the release delays, the sometimes disastrous quality of the DLC and even saying that they are not about to add a new power or to make a REAL balancing of the classes already announces this sad and possible reality...

That's why for the moment, I've decided to stop subscribing to this game because of the uncertain future of the game and because of the ease with which they deprive us of our freedom of expression here, isn't that right Mepps? to the point of pretending that we don't exist anymore...

If they would be less obsessed with content that consistently makes money, we'd probably have a much better game than we do now.

Look at other MMORPGs as old as DCUO, such as Guild Wars 2, Eve Online and others, which continue to thrive while DCUO ends up being forgotten by players and dropped quickly, because in reality, players never stay on DCUO for long, also knowing that for years Daybreak has held its bad reputation, it seems that Daybreak/D-INK is trying to change that, but only ONLY now, in my opinion it's already too late, because once players have an image of a studio, they rarely change their mind about it...
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Just gonna highlight there and that is sometimes the case but honestly in recent events, not true. Activison/Blizzard and even Riot have gone through the WORST publicity and human resources hell both publicly and privately and yet their player base was lowered then risen again. Hell I dropped my Sub for WoW and now that Dragonflight is coming, I resubbed. They still have much work and Microsoft purchasing them is a gold star in repairs but real change is still on the threshold. If these two companies which treat their employees awful are still thriving, Daybreak/DiG are doing JUST fine. If there's ever a level of how bad a gaming company is, just ask yourself "Are they as bad as Riot and Acti/Blizz?"
    • Like x 3
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

They can have a team for improvements and let the rest concentrate on content... They can hire a few people to do that...its not like people don't need jobs anyway.
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

They don't play, thats the issue. People only come back, get the new feats and gear, then leave. It usually takes them a month. Thats what I'm saying. The content is constantly just reskinned old content doing the same repeatitive crap. People want to PLAY the game, we don't want to open time capsules, or defeat giganta 100 times.

And when they do release content. We basically only get 1 solo or duo and an alert and maybe 3 open world dailies. Everything else is a 1 week wait unless you buy replays. So it gives us a daily gameplay time of about an hour of new content. Then what.... No need to play older content if you got everything from them. And most people once they get the gear, they leave until the next episode.
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

BTW, do yall realize, they originally had episodes coming out every 3 months. Well, Episode 42 came out in december 2021, 43 came out in April, and 44 isn't due to be out until 4th quarter, which is between October and December. So instead of potentially 4 new episodes per year, basically we get 2 this year as 43 WAS the first new episode of 2022.
    • Like x 1
  13. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The only thing that will kill this game is the companies greed. And boy, is the company getting greedier and greedier.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually we get an episode roughly every four months totaling to three episodes a year, not four. We were getting a new episode during the second, third and fourth quarters up until this year where we didn't get an episode for the third quarter. The reason being they lost a huge chunk of staff. They should get back on track for next year but only time will tell.
    [IMG]
  15. GermanM Committed Player

Q3 Graphic´s update? lol
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Would be Episode 46. There was no graphics update announcement.
  17. GermanM Committed Player

But they promised it :(:(
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't understand how can they "promise" something that was never announced?
  19. GermanM Committed Player

20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1