DCUO Development Update - September 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Bferrel1 New Player

I am a returning player so this might be general knowledge by now, still I would like to bring some attention to this.

If Ep44 is coming out in October (assuming late October), is it normal that Ep45 is coming out 5 months later? while technically it would still be a quarterly release, it is early Q4 22 and late Q1 23. Would this mean that ep46 would still have a placeholder release date of Q2 23 or later?

Thanks!
  2. JoeAce65 New Player

Black Adam YEAH! I hoped that we would get some Black Adam content due to the movie release this year. I hope that we get to see some of the Justice Society of America in the episode as well.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What they had been doing for many years was an episode release in the area of March, July and November (three episodes a year).

They missed the July episode this year due to a staffing crisis. We appear to be on track for the next March episode. The question is if they’ll fall back to the old pattern with a July release (which could be promoted at San Diego ComicCon), or is this now the new normal of only two episodes a year?
    • Like x 3
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm quite disappointed to see the plans for new Green Lantern Corps-Themed content have been dropped. Super Lame. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Achikah All About That Base

Really good stuff here. Absolutely in love with the screenshot of the new DLC, as well as a return to the double raid format.

I also very much hope that one of the player rewards spoken of is the return of episodic furniture/base drops for Episode 44.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

Meh, we knew all that.
    I can also call that the graphic overhaul has been scrapped oh and knew there are 0 plans to add new gameplay mechanics, expanded abilities or new powersets.
    Too predictable for Allys and Materials Universe Online.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Good stuff coming up. Love me some Black Adam
  8. NeoSelkie Active Player

Regarding the ps5/xsx native client, will any graphical/technical improvements and the like also be introduced on the PC client?
  9. Comixfan Committed Player

How incredibly disappointing to see no announcement of a new power set!

Last power we got was August 2017. Why has there been no new power added to the game since then? There's so many more powers you could add to the game such as a Death/Necromancy/Black Lantern summoner power, a true Physical power set, Sonics, Air, Hard Light (one that isn't tied to a Lantern corps and where you can choose the colour of your powers!), Shapeshifting (separate from Nature - perhaps even rework the existing Nature power set to be wholly nature based), Gravity, & Thermodynamics just to name a few!

Still no new weapon since June 2012 despite the fact that there's so many more weapons you could add to the game such as polearms, nunchuks, sword & shield, crossbows, & whips!

Still no new movement type since November 2014 (and even then that was just a reskin of flight!) despire the fact there's so many more movement types you could add to the game such as sliding, teleportation, portalling, & phasing!

The game also desperately needs a UI overhaul! Why isn't there a "Claim All" button for emails? A "Relist All" for auctions that didn't sell?

Why can we not preview the reward for a particular collection?

Why can we not preview materials or chromas?

Why are styles/materials/chromas still not account-wide unlocks without the need to have to spend extra money?

Why is there no faction change token or gender change token in game?

Why can we not save different powers, body types, even character names to different Armory builds?

It's 2022. DCUO is lagging far, far, far behind other MMOs in terms of what they offer players in terms of content and quality of life improvements.

DCUO still has so much unrealised potential yet it's being squandered in favour of more story chapters featuring recycled content,more recycled events, and, of course, more loot boxes.
    • Like x 6
  10. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Honest. I dont think were getting powers
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? How do you see that???
    For all we know.... it is the DLC 46???
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"Promised"?

Link, or it didn't happen.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brit Loyal Player

For the 13th Anniversary, any chance of a Name Purge? Free up names from 8 years worth of inactive accounts.
    • Like x 2
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

When EG7 or whatever company bought daybreak.... they stated it in their plans... but it keeps getting pushed back.
  15. Turambar13 New Player

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE SINS OF BLACK ADAM:
    • THE SINS OF BLACK ADAM will offer normal and elite versions of all On Duty content, along with level-agnostic event versions available for a limited time.
    • The content will include open world missions, with a duo, alert, and two raids.
    I understand a lot of people like the raids, but raids have major problems for those who don't have regular groups they run with. A typical raid (if it is a popular one) goes like this.
    Select it in on duty menu.
    Wait 20 minutes for the first notification it is up.
    Have a player refuse the notification. Wait 5 more minutes for the next notification.
    Have a player refuse the notification. (this usually goes 3 or 4 times).
    Once in the raid, 1 person usually quits within 20 seconds, before anyone's even started. Wait a few minutes for another player.
    Get through the first boss, see someone leave because they just came for the rewards they missed joining a raid partway through.
    Wait for a replacement.
    You get the idea. People leaving cause people like me to HATE raids. Is there anything being done to really fix this? A minute ban from readying for anything else doesn't help the group they just screwed over and doesn't help the poor person who comes in as a replacement and misses part of the rewards.
    Can we make it so if someone leaves a raid, alert or duo than they loose whatever rewards they earned to that point? Maybe by only giving the rewards at the end? The way it is now is completely unfair to those that don't do anything wrong.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Fairy Well-Known Player

One new episode, one new event with chores as dailies and a lot of re-used events. How boring.
  17. Gabr2001 New Player

Are we ever gonna get an OP Chest Gear….Black Adam would be perfect for it….!!!
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That was an investors report. The people that type those up are not the same people that work in a game studio. There was no official announcement from Dimensional Ink about a graphics upgrade.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not a huge fan of Shazam/Black Adam, but I'm happy to see an episode that is not primarily about the big 3 or flash. It would still be cool to see something we have not seen before (watchmen?), but a Black Adam ep makes sense with the movie coming out soon.

Hopefully we'll see primarily new maps too vs a couple versions of Khandaq we all know and.....love.
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You shouldnt random queue for the newest raids unless you are doing the event version, LFG and leagues are there for a reason.