Ultimate Omnibus Adventure - A Quest in Search of An Outlier [Videos]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The reason I don't have the chat tab visible is because I don't want chat to be visible, I just see it as a potential breach of privacy because this is about the instances to me, not the chat, I may however consider making a "group" chat tab that only shows group chat and using that instead. - thanks :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say any run where mechanics are followed pretty close (like by at least 5 or 6 of the 8 people) and yet you still might wipe repeatedly. Hero side NGN might be a good example...or Elite SS (tried that one time since clamp...the bombs were a trainwreck beyond compare). Obvious exceptions would be like DM for the cards and last boss cogs...where 1 person doing it wrong can F it up completely and repeatedly.

Other than that, I guess any run that takes excessively long with no major failures...although my opinion on that number might vary greatly from yours. It's your list...feel free to classify as you see fit.

But you have to admit, just by being in the run, you are kind of skewing the results, right? Not EVERY run will have an end game sweaty arti-switching, DPS/BattleTank with more experience than the rest of the group combined.

You got any mid level alts to try this experiment on? Not noobs, but not 'Proxystar' either.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Not going to include elite content, certainly not in this first phase of the adventure, perhaps later.

I do intend to run through some weaker alts as well, but without using my main first I don't have a proper reference point to cite the difference, so I'll do my main first :)

Also just as an FYI, I am lightly tac swapping but there's no heavy tac swapping. I also play with a controller despite being on PC.

The type of tac swapping I'm undertaking can be replicated by anyone, I'm keeping it that way on purpose :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fair. So essentially a blind run: seeing how many of the community are also paying attention.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just as an aside...I thought controller on PC was where it was optimal. I know I'm WAY better at getting in/out of inventory with controller over mouse, as controller defaults to top left vs mouse is just 'wherever'...and obviously PS is going to be faster than PS4. I'd argue PS4+Controller cannot do the swapping you are doing on your CT video at least. Inventory opens too slow most times....but yeah, it's not as fast as I've seen others do it.

But on the rest...like I said, it's your testing...you do as you see fit. I was just pointing it out as a factor.

And no...I don't 'tac swap' as a general rule, but I will go in inventory on occasion on PS4...it's not that smooth in general....or maybe I'm not.
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

ehhhh... if you're gonna do the "sweaty" tac swapping, like cycling Tetras, you kinda want a keyboard - I, spacebar, esc, back to fighting. If you're running tac swapping for like, Sceptre and Phil Stone, controller's probably better because "it's more conducive to the physics of fighting itself"
    • Like x 1
  7. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

WoW, well that was my point originally sometimes you get really good runs and ones that are pure hell , thank you for testing and doing the suffering for us lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like I said...I don't generally do it, meaning inventory mid fight, (I also generally don't use KB/Mouse very often, only when I'm running on 1 PC I use), but when I've done it, I'm normally going for something I store in the top corner or off 1 square or so. Soda, different art, omega, whatever....so the controller has always been pretty quick. I guess if I were doing it more frequently on just the 1 square, KB might be fastest.
  9. Grim931 Committed Player

I don't know if it's just me, maybe my luck really is that bad... but it seems every time I join an alert or raid it rarely runs smoothly.

Most of the time, it is an instance that is already in progress, so maybe that is more of a factor than anything. Roles seem to be non-existent, usually all DPS's when I join an alert. Those have been hands down my worst experiences using omnibus. Nexus of Reality was the last one I really tried, and that was around December right before I quit playing. Seemed like the only alert I ever got to pop was Phantom Zone, and it was a mixed bag too depending on available roles/experience levels among the group.

Everything went pretty well in nexus, up until the point where you burn the two sub-bosses simultaneously. The group I was in just could not comprehend that, and would not take any direction. Roles weren't split equally, everyone was doing their own thing, just a train wreck of a run all around at that point. Peak frustration and the final straw for me.

Solo/duos are no problem.

I would like to add that I think that you alone in these runs are almost enough to tip the scales in your favor. I'm curious to see what you run into while performing these tests on your alts. And one run simply isn't enough to run an actual test, like someone stated before. There are a lot more factors going on, and every perspective should be tested. The "one and done" testing is just too small of a sample size. I do appreciate the testing and amount of effort you're putting into this. I might actually log back in later and see if things are getting better or if I'm still experiencing the same horrid luck.
    • Like x 1
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Proxy and solowing are the only ones who seem to like the clamp. :)
    • Like x 3
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I was going to request HH, so thanks for this! My experience has been like the 2nd attempt, but people just quit. If I can get 2 league members, and we have one of us as tank, healer, and dps, we can finish with 3 people. Completely random is usually a fail unless you get lucky with people that know how to run it, or will listen on last boss.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, there are a bunch...expect them to chime in too. Deity already has and I know he's a fan.

BTW...I'm happy for them that they enjoy it...It would be cool if every player enjoyed the game I used to love playing. I'm just maybe a little jealous on their apparent 100% good luck rate in drawing these omni groups in 'bad' runs. I'd guess they also never run into anyone not blocking in TSW as well. Oh well, I've never gotten a 'top' item from opening 1 TC/BB out of the gate either. But yeah, some get that kind of luck too.
    • Like x 6
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im just here enjoying...well *waves arm* lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What video trickery is this? I swear I've been in that run about 10x yet I did not see my name in the list. How'd you edit me out?

Or are you saying that MAYBE this happens more often that some would have us believe?

Granted you had 2 people who were 'jumped up' 120s and I saw a few 'ore collector' feats pop...which is never a good sign of an experienced player...but the whole thing where kicks, walk outs, not playing a role you queued for, non stop bickering in group chat seems like it could happen in most any Omni run which requires any kind of real attention to the game/rules. HH 3rd boss is just not going to go easy on it.

Very informative.
    • Like x 3
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Can you imagine if there was a spectate option in this game?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I thought that was the 'oh, man...I'm lagging so bad...' option. Or 'stupid game...I hit X to rally, and it fled me...you guys got this!'.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Chapter Five

Off on another ride today with a couple more instances to see where the waves take me, frustration no, a few interesting comments on the last adventure with smooth sailing on the first

Prime Battleground - Battle for Earth
    Conclusion - Definitely not an outlier, finished with ease, time to finish quick, would be easily beaten by a pre-made.
    Extra Comments - Potential for Frustration, low if played right, likely critical players take either a tank or healer, or both, might get away without a troll if people manage power, not overly mechanic heavy although up to players as to whether they close the add spawners. No real issues to worry about.

Ultimate Soldier - Age of Justice
    Conclusion - Not an outlier, finished with ease, time to finish quick, would be easily beaten by a pre-made
    Extra Comments - Potential for Frustration - High to Extreme - I can't classify this instance as an outlier because of the ease at which I finished it, I will however acknowledge my impact as the tank and the fact the ease at which this instance is completed hinges on having a tank there

Suggestion to Developers - It is fine going in to the right hand tunnel to fight Gentlemen Ghost, after finishing that however, the group has to go past the centre fight to get to the other tunnel and for a new player it's not really clear that tunnel is over there,

when I ran past to get to the tunnel, some others followed but a few clearly did not and started the middle fight and died. You can see the deaths in the other area. I think this could possibly be improved by directing them more to the tunnel perhaps you could put a beam of quantum type light on the ground connecting those two tunnels so they follow it like a moth to a flame. Anyone doing the fight in the middle purposefully so would simply ignore it any case - just a thought really.

• Like x 3
  18. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

I’d be interested to see this done on the other servers, with the time of day noted also.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I can start noting the time of day if you like, I play at odd hours myself given my own personal time zone, can convert it all to Pacific time if that helps, it's obviously US PC/PS server though.
    • Like x 2
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

There’s only so many who continue to try and sway the stubborn…

[IMG]
    • Like x 1