Ultimate Omnibus Adventure - A Quest in Search of An Outlier [Videos]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

I don’t really understand the point of this thread. You’re recording one run of each raid and using that to determine whether or not each raid is an “outlier” or not. I just don’t see how you can draw any definitive conclusions from this as, for one, you’re only running the raid once whereas these raids are probably ran 100s of times a week (I’m being generous but you get the point), and secondly, how would we know you aren’t just posting your smoothest runs? (Not accusing you of doing so just stating the obvious faults with this methodology). It doesn’t prove anything. I won’t knock you doing it, but what’s the goal here? People who dislike the clamp and have had terrible experiences in some raids won’t go “man I really hated the clamp, but this thread has shown me just how wrong I was.” And people who are fine with the clamp to begin with are, well, already okay with it lol.

IF you’re going to continue this anyways tho, make a video of new genesis now, spindrift, GOM (maybe), Fellowship of the Arcane, and DM. Those are raids that I consistently get grief from either due to just incompetence on the group’s part or people not knowing mechanics.
    • Like x 5
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

And did we struggle? Did we have one of these trainwreaks runs i hear so much about on the forums? From randomly queuing up in Omnibus?

Dont worry, ima going to stream omnibus for a few hours and keep sharing my experience, and you can see it from my point of view.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes you’re right that 1 run won’t show the 100% truth of the difficulty. However you can get an idea of where people fail and why people fail too.
    • Like x 3
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You don't have a typical nor expected group formation, even if it is assigned by the system.
    That's why I'm saying what you're streaming isn't really demonstrating anything of substance other than "it's a run".

If anything, if you are struggling with two heals in omnibus, both healers are terrible and that would be more of a reason to discount that as representative of any norm.

I won't watch any further streams since I still don't get exactly what you're trying to prove here and I have other matters to attend to.
    More importantly, your stream quality can't go beyond 360p and I suspect the actual quality is even lower since everything is ridiculously blurry. Maybe fix that?
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Man, I got excited, but none of those runs are Elite :(
    That's where the outliers lie outlying XD
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

OK so normal EEG is fine then? Ok Cool. Normal EEG is fine, Now that position is settled. What part of Elite EEG is problematic, now in what areas?
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

SEE! Video proof that I ran Omni with Ryuko!
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

We blind queued into Omni and ran the raid just as you saw in the video. It was not a pre-made group, Ryuko and I were the only ones grouped together. The only ones we knew were each other, everybody else were total strangers. I believe we would have finished it with out trouble if we hadn't run out of time lol.

But I will happily run with Ryuko again on the next stream if he wants me too.
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

As you can see in the video, the Amazon Metal hair style I'm rocking looks awesome! Great job Devs! I love it!
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ok so no matter what youll find any excuse to rid of the clamp even with real-time of examples of runs in progress to see "Why are these forum users saying the stat clamp is horrible". And what youre doing is trying to discredit an experience that doesn't suit your narrative and that fine, but lets call it what it is.

But if you want to avoid the chaos of random queues, then why not....Make a group?

Sorry dont have the streamer internet package, i don't stream anything so i never thought about purchasing internet speed for something i don't really do much, and with speeds i dont require for my lifestyle currently. So why would I spend extra money on "fixing" a feature that adds another monthly cost but has no noticeable benefit for my day to day? Would seem like a waste of money to purchase it, wouldn't it?
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Indeed there is no value when talking about data evaluation to take samples with a completely biased variable (you, well not you, Proxy) and have no other dataset to compare to, but I feel like this is more of a fun/personal experience thing.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

I will hope i Omni into those
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Let me know when & I will try to get on with you
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Ok less posts of arguing and sarcasm and more post of outliers, please.

Edit: You know what? Forget it, I already have a template written out I'll just post my own thread :p
    Not for examples of non-outliers, but a place for people to point out possible ones.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

10 minutes from this post ill be on, also happy labor day!
    • Like x 1
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Only because if we want the devs to see important stuff (if such things should arise), it shouldn't get lost in waves of debates and arguments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  18. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Dude! Awesome thread - I, for one, will be following. I'll record some videos as well.
    • Like x 2
  19. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You're missing my point.

Do most of your omniqueues have two healers to run with?
    If not, then the group you got is an outlier that makes the difficulty, not representative of whatever you're trying to prove.
    and I still don't get whatever you're trying to actually prove.

and there's certainly no methodology.
    I'm actually mostly neutral to the clamp and certainly have never petitioned to removed it.

I do have an issue with all those pro-or-anti-clamp discussions that bring the absolute worst out of forums, which is why I usually stay out of those threads.

You trying to defame me as an anti-clamp exactly proves my point.
    Again with the assumptions.

The most high-profile objection I have to random queues is Phantom Zone popping inproportionally compared to other alerts, which appears to finally be on the verge of getting fixed.
    Then why even stream?
    No one forced you to do it and you can just film like OP for whatever reason,
    yet you insist on performing something you're inadequately equipped for and moan about your lifestyle instead.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Respect where due that you are investigating things with the game that either mean something to you or that you would like to see changes to.

A lot of threads on here end up going around in circles, however taking this approach is far more likely to go somewhere positive/constructive, especially with the videos included.

It is also much better feedback for the devs reading/watching.
    • Like x 7