The Source Wall is still awful.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 1, 2022.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I haven’t played since the thursday of the last bonus Death Metal week, and this right here is why. Where do I even begin? Vital visual cues blurring into the scenery, mechanics requiring mutually exclusive counterplay occurring simultaneously, wiping the whole group because one person messed up… make it stop.

Is it impossible to finish? Not even close. Is it so mentally draining that I have to put the game down afterwards? Absolutely.
  2. GermanM Committed Player

Is not impossible, but you need full coordinated effort to do it. I know, i hate it too, i should not pay for the others mistakes, and of course they should not pay for the my own´s.
    I only do that raid with my league and because we are all in discord and at the momment of the attack all of us block (not necesary, i know, but work for us xD)

Hope this stop in next DLC i hate those mechanic´s. Things like that only raise the toxicity in game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this mechanic isnt anything new just think of the Carol fight all you had to do was block at least with this one only one person has to block
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It's not a bad raid overall. But a mechanic where 1 player is able to screw all the 7 others so fast is still pure bs. Sadly, I'm gonna be avoiding this raid like the plague once it's not the latest episode. :(
    • Like x 4
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Same here, i will not remember this raid with love.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s also the Dark Knights fight. Having a mechanic that forces people to gather together is fine. Having the mechanic activate when the bosses are doing attacks with AOE is really unfair.
    • Like x 1
  7. GermanM Committed Player

Not the point of this thread, but i wanna say i also hate the Duo of this DLC, sometimes the block mechanic overlap´s with the add´s who break your bloking. That reduce that duo to a matter of luck and not skill.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You don’t even need group coordination. You just need each player to have common sense. I did this the other day and no one spoke no one did anything special. People just knew to block.

If you random qued it than that’s probably why. I avoid random queuing on content like this since common sense isn’t the common. If it’s a single person refusing to block than there’s a kick button for that.
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I always join LFG groups.
    • Like x 1
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I'll probably have nightmares about SM round 10 after this season is over. Had one time we already killed cyborg and someone missed block on solar flare. Then another run on the superman statue when someone missed it. Strangely enough the first time I beat round 10 was with only 4 people. I guess we had 2 less people to miss the block :confused:.
    • Like x 1
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

What does the Superman statue do?
  12. Tree Well-Known Player

Kudos to that. Might I suggest to have everyone on the same voice channel and ask one person to do the call outs via mic or via text. That’s the only way to make it work, other than pure luck and good eyes.
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

The white arrow does tend to blend in with the boss and power effects from other players, but...

Luckily there is an audio prompt. I always tell people, when you hear her say explode, block until you are certain the arrow isnt above you. If you are the unlucky target, then hold block until the white aura under you goes away, easy peasy.

My issue is the green circle and players that feel the need to run around with it and I cant get to them in time. But, it is what it is and luckily only half of us gotta make it there.

Also, I only random que all content. I usually lack the time to make a group myself, or find a group as a DPS. Is it challenging? Yeah. Does it make me better at playing? I think so.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

There are too many environmental RNG mechanics in the game right now. The stacking of these tend to be the problem.

You probably should stay out of SM, btw. Cool rewards, but yeah... Water eruption circles, bots that explode and steal your power, and boss mechanics that will one shot you if you aren't paying close attention.

Source wall was an interesting arena raid. Arena raids tend to have overlapping mechanics to make up for the room being the only spot. I prefer dungeon crawls, but I don't think TSW is the worst arena in the game.
    • Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My issue with the green circle is that Perpetua or the Dark Knights have attacks that punish people for standing close to each other, and will use them while the green circle is up!
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I didn’t even try this survival and probably won’t touch another one, I’ve found little reason to keep my characters at the cutting edge since the clamp. The frustration factories that episodes 41 and 42 have been hasn’t helped.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Carol didn't wipe the group if you missed the block. Just saying.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a buddy who will queue in and we'll be in chat and I hear him getting frustrated..."C'Mon....block people!"...or "this guy again? Can't block?"...or whatever.

I've learned to hold my tongue rather than ask...."TSW? Hmmmm...you queue'd in again?".

Not that you can't see it in made groups...I've seen it plenty there, but generally only 1 time or so a run and the embarrassment is enough to fix the issue there.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey...at least the guy stood still (maybe in the wrong spot). I love it when people get the green circle and start running away like it's a bee on their nose.
    • Like x 1
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

The adds and Brimstone's explosion are all health based. If you're slightly coordinated, you can get the block, pop the adds, kill the adds, pop the block, etc. etc. Just have to focus your fire if it's that big of a deal for you.
    • Like x 1