Warping DCs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I don't mean to go all Seinfeld on this game, but jeez, what is the deal with warping in this game?

[IMG]

Every time I walk through a portal or warp in the main menu, part of my brain always fears that I'm going to get DCed. I know if I get downed in a bounty boss fight, I am very hesitant to flee to the rally point, not because I don't want to be part of the fight, but because I might get DCed and lose out on the reward and have to do it all over again. Plus, sometimes it doesn't just disconnect me, it hard crashes my PS5, by which I mean my whole system shuts down and it has to repair the storage before it starts up again. This is the only game that I play that has done that and it has done it 6 or 7 times.

Disconnections are an issue that the devs are obviously aware of, but my question is what is being done to improve the situation? Plus why is this game hard crashing my PS5?
    • Like x 2
  2. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I made a thread back in July when I was crashing daily about 10 days in a row, including the console crash you describe multiple times:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/frequent-ps5-crashes.323856/

I've had a few since then, but not the daily frequency thank goodness. I did notice in SM yesterday that multiple people dc'd when we just walked in the SM portal. So we had to warp back out, reinvite, and try again. Happened at least 3 times maybe more. Very frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think they strengthened the servers recently. But it still happens. For the same reasons you listed I also do not flea if I get downed and I also avoid instances that have multiple maps (operations).
    • Like x 1