Make all powersets have the ability to go tank, healer or troll.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Aug 29, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Would that be too much of a task? Many or some love the idea of tanking using electric or water and so on. It's been many years we haven't got a new power. Even after giving ideas from in-game abilities. Honestly, January is around the corner and I haven't been wowed since Atomic came out.
    • Like x 7
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's never going to happen. Period.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah that would be a nightmare to figure out and rebalance. Maybe in DCUO 2 who knows?
  4. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

dcuo 2? i think we wont get old enoigh to see that day lol.....but back to the point

ice allrounder like mr freeze hell yh it would even help the iconic remake guys fit alot better to all the diffrend chars

and also we can do the role in an raid witch we need...i see healers to do dps tanks do dps ...i mean you can count at other ppl in this game thats the said truth :/

so pls DAYBREAK do it it wouldnt hurt you guys at least we would do moe diffrend artifacts for one char ;)
  5. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Would love celestial or natural tank
  6. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Doubt it would ever happen but opening up more builds to the classes would be neat.
    Personally would love to see a Gadgets Tank.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Too many armory requirements (remember, we only can use 4 active), to many generator requirements/changes, too many sets of gear to buy then (at these high prices?!), too many already queue as a role they can't play, too many artifacts per character (that's gonna leave a mark), and you'll still have too many scoreboard chasers that will still refuse to play a role.
    • Like x 5
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Would be nice, but i see this hard to do, they will have to remake all power mechanic´s again, add more etc.
  9. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

The hopelessness in the community and devs for progressing depth into this game is truly depressing.
    • Like x 5
  10. GermanM Committed Player

I like to thing im realistic, they cannot even fix a cheater´s issue or balance the game. why expect something more demanding then that?

But ok, let´s dream, maybe if they add de posibility to use all gear´s and add more iconic´s powers focused to complement other roles, like a priority and grupal heal in iconic powers (along with a lot of more powers to other roles like shield´s, power regeneration, debuff etc) something can do to let´s say "create" an ice generic healer of electric generic troller for example.
    • Like x 1
  11. GermanM Committed Player

The other thing they can do is make and "elite" like in Guild Wars 2. But i dont see that happening so... what about if any character can choose two powers? Like Ice and Nature, or Fire and Electric, something like that. Would be a mess, i know, but i just give crazy ideas here XD
    • Like x 2
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This one seems much more realistic than the original post, since we already have a power respec token. If they could figure out how to keep amories intact across power respecs it might be possible. So you could have your ice tank armory, electric healer armory, gadget troll armory. You would just be on the hook to have enough inventory to keep all the gear sets. Base mods would be another piece. Maybe you would just have to choose one type, or go rainbow in your base mods. You can already level up every augment type if you want, so that would work OK.
    • Like x 1
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Sounds like you guys feel the devs can't do anything other than make more money artifacts and allies. Heck we don't even have new emotes... We aren't getting new powers but we do get consistently more artifacts and allies... I would like to believe they do have the ability to do all these things that's why we keep making threads like this.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Sounds like they make all these things for us but at the end an even bigger problem presents itself by which you described. It's so frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For the 10 non-control powersets they would need to reinvent 6 debuffs for each, group weapon buffs/power heals and group shield supercharges. For the 10 non-tank powersets they would need to reinvent new tank mechanics and balance them with current existing tank powersets. For the 10 non-healer powersets they would need to reinvent new group heals and heal playstyles and balance them with current existing healer powersets.

That's way too much work and rebalancing. New content would be put on hold. The stats revamp took up a year while they rebalanced powers, your idea would probably eat up more time and resources. No thank you.
    • Like x 4
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

DCUO isn't just a game it's a business and in a business you invest. Something this large is worth the investment if you don't think it is, that's your opinion. I stand by what I believe DCUO is capable of doing even if that makes me foolish.
    • Like x 3
  17. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Even if we ignore balancing, it's basically asking for creating powers 2x to what we have now.
    We have 15 powers.
    Do the math.

Even Pale Rage's concerns pales in comparison to the practicality of this request.

The game abandoned all powers capable of all roles before launch and it's not going to get reconsidered with no foundation.

We already can achieve that effect with less complications. Some call them "alts".
    I would much prefer they make the game overall more alt-friendly than... whatever this is,
    • Like x 2
  18. kingofthebeast Active Player

Geez, everyone always trying to speak for the devs. They were/are(?) hiring but i guess its more convenient to sit back and make claims without the responsibility of actually doing the work. Final fantasy 14 has this very feature and its as simple as changing a weapon ( For FREE TOO). Thing is, everyone only plays DPS anyway. Everything is always based on dps
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No no no. When you invest, you invest wisely. Putting a hold on content for over a year to satisfy some unrealistic pipe dream is not a wise investment. Are they capable of doing your idea? Probably. Should they? No. Panderus just admitted in another thread they can't find time to build new iconic abilities but you think they can make time for all powersets to perform any role? For ***** sake we haven't had a new powerset since 2017 and you want them to essentially reinvent the existing fifteen. Get real.
    • Like x 2
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I agree 100%. I wish the game was more alt friendly, but artifacts are a big barrier.

I had multiple end game alts before artifacts, tanks and trolls too to help with league raids. I'm not sure that is feasible with artifacts and even episode augments. I was only able to get my main's episode augments maxed by feeding catalysts from my 2 alts. I have 7 200 artifacts on my main villain, and 5 on my original hero. If we could switch powers via amories I feel that would be easier to manage at end game than alts. But if they can somehow make alts more viable I would go with that.
    • Like x 3