As a new player, the community makes me hate feat hunting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rami-El, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Rami-El New Player

Hopefully. I don't use the forums much, but I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thank you so much for the heads up.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Welcome to the forum btw. You will find colorful personalities as diverse as each of our opinions.
  3. SioCs New Player

If your usps/pc feel free to add me! I just moved from eups to uspc had had to start all over again! I have 2 others with me that can help so with you we could atleast get alert feats! Role depending of course.

Ign - SioCS
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

My post along those lines would have been 100% sarcasm. LOL

In all the years I've been playing games, I have yet to see ANY A.I. that I'd give that much trust to. And watching any NPC on the attack hurl themselves halfway across a room/map in an attack (among other questionable decisions) just reinforces that particular viewpoint of mine.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can understand the frustration. The feats I need to complete fall into the category of "coordinated group effort". As I run in a league of one I have to get it where I can. There are some feats like the "Golden Apple" feat in the Olympus Elite raid I've only attempted once or twice and the raid is now several years old. On the bright side when things do fall into place it is extremely satisfying. Like others have pointed out most players are in it for themselves and while it can seem a bit selfish in the end its our free time and money and we're allowed to do as we please. Fortunately I've been playing long enough that I can get into better groups if I really wanted to aggressively pursue something.

Still doesn't excuse some of the attitude. I remember running the Spindrift raid and someone asked if we could do the shark feat. Its a ten point feat that takes zero effort, just about 15 seconds for everyone to jump in the water. Seven people readily agree to jump in the water and you have that one guy who wastes five minutes typing in group chat it's not his responsibility to get feats for you...

Keep grinding and playing. If you get stuck getting one feat done there will always be something else you can get done now and work on the rest as the opportunity present itself.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

How do you make the AI smart enough to do the mechanics, but dumb enough to not do the run for the player.
  7. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Use Looking for Group chat to recruit a feat team.
    "Need people for feats, must have mic and be abler to follow directions. PST if interested."
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Definitely get people who share your goal in getting the feat. LFG, League mates, friends, all are good sources.
    • Like x 1
  9. GermanM Committed Player

Back in last "Save the Universe" i was shock when i died and Black Canary revive me in the smallville elite (i cant remenber if that was a new thing) then doomsday killed her and i did the same for her. Black Canary acted better then those dps score chasers who see you dead and dont revive you because they will lost 4 seconds of doing damage xD.

It will be nice if devs make some of the IA of iconic´s character´s more useful.

But of course they will tell us that they need to rewrite the game code to do that so... why bother asking?
    • Like x 2
  10. GermanM Committed Player

I would love use my alts in the same team, but for feats... i dont know, some feats require you do specific and Alt´s with AI will fail probably to do those action´s.

But still will be fine, there are old alerts i wanna do and sometimes i can because i shout in LFG and no one comes, i queued and get the same result´s. Sometimes i can, someothers i cant...
  11. GermanM Committed Player

Try to find a league, is the better way to get feats, some people in random Q are just to @"#$%&$ to help others.
    Also a little advise, dont try to do go intro elite content yet, there is the most toxic people in the game, it will ruin you experience. Unless of course you find a good league.
    • Like x 2
  12. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

A couple of months isnt enough time. Give your toon a year or two to gain feats. This game is meant to be a slow grind and if you give that much time youll see why. Speeding through normally burns people out snd they switch games. However you need a league. People have their own lives and to get 7 people to coordinate with you for old feats isnt easy for anyone.

Having a mic and being in a league would make this easier for you.

When PUGs queue up, their main objective is to finish the content as fast as possible. Most old content is dated and boring. No one wants to be in fos1 or 2 for 25 mins.

Find a league that will make time for you, a reasonable time too.

I had a guy named Ravi Bacho in our league. He was new and wanted feats. We as a league helped him get 75 SP in a month and he had no mic. He ended up leaving us for another league. Ironically, he sends me tells for weeks if my league can help him because the league he was in didnt really find time for him. He was on India time zone so it was difficult to match schedules. Consider others schedule, itll help you find time slots where more people are available.
    • Like x 2
  13. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

most importand is gear ,artifacts ,augments SP i mean its nice to have but with 100 SP you can do good job and with 400 you can be king of the jungle . Cheack how many more stats you get adding max SP its not that many few k extra health when ads hiting you for 100 k its a joke same with prec/might/resto/vit so its not big deal .Only thing nice to have is % suckes chance rates and for that you dont need a lot SP .
    • Like x 2
  14. GermanM Committed Player

I would say 200SP to have at least the 10% of bonus of you main stat, the more the better, but yeah Artifacts give you the biggest boost.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Unfortunately, many randoms (I'd say MOST...but many at least), don't care about YOUR feats...so you only will get help if you can find someone who also needs the same stuff, or a good league who wants to help with feats. It's still worth asking in a random group, but can be frustrating as it will only take 1 guy to mess up most of them (almost seemingly on purpose....as you say). IN MY OPINION....this is compounded by the stat clamp, as people who 'might' have helped pre clamp, no longer have an interest in helping people as now it is more of a hassle and they are there to get 'paid'...not help you....especially if the feat will require multiple runs or is a '1st attempt' one where you'd have to re-queue if missed.

For feats (other than 'count' or 'checklists' which require NO co-ordination...just completion), random is not your friend. Use LFG, get in a good league, or build a group of friends who may be in your similar situation. It sounds like you do this already, but the other big thing is know the feats you are able to get IF you end up in a random group...You will likely be the one driving the feat if you do attempt it, so explaining it right and early helps.

I always love when someone waits till the boss fight is mid-way done then asks, 'hey, can we do XYZ feat' which requires a slow burn on the boss....yeah, sorry...that ship has sailed by that point.

Happy hunting.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For just completing a run this kind of ally would be great. I'm sure they can program, do damage....throw heals...throw power...throw agro and simple block moves into the AI. For most 'skill' feats though, I don't see the AI being able to determine if something requires focused burn...held off burn...debuffing a particular boss or add...agroing particular bosses or adds...running cogs or NOT running cogs at a particular time.

Heck...we can barely get most HUMANS to do these things...good luck programming the AI for it.
  17. Kreachure Committed Player

18. Rami-El New Player

That's actually what I'm in the process of doing lol. I only have 170SP right now (I know it's sad), but I'm really close to getting that 10% bonus in Precision damage. That's my current milestone, after I get to that point I'll be happy, but of course the feat hunt must go on. I'm also really close to getting my Venom Wrist Dispenser to 160 (currently at 150). Ideally, I'd like to get it to 200, but I don't know if I have enough grind in me for all that Nth metal right now lol.
  19. DeathMarch45 New Player

have u joined a league ? i cant speak for all of them but the one i joined actively helps its members with feats
  20. GBATMANG New Player

Feel free to add me. I'm in the same situation as you and would be happy to take on the content with another and get those feats. Add GBATMANG and feel free to contact me anytime.