Dear developers, we need more lairs-compatible maps!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mechaddict, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Mechaddict New Player

Hello,

I open a topic to suggest an idea to the development team: why not go further in housing, by offering players to house their characters on maps other than Gotham and Metropolis, which to speak frankly, become boring after so many years.

In fact, you don't have to go far to make this dream possible, as you have already crafted many beautiful maps, just waiting for players to inhabit them. I am thinking in particular of Central City and Atlantis for examples. Imagine this possibility as an opportunity to restore interest in these maps neglected by players as they progress, even though they are so beautiful.

Moreover, by following the current comics trend, you've opened up this game to endless possibilities, allowing us to explore the Multiverse. Imagine a demonic character who lives in Gotham Wastelands, a Lantern with a chamber on Mogo or Ranx (depending on his faction), a winged man who can inhabit Thanagar, or an amazon occupying a house on her homeland: Themyscira.

By opening all these maps to housing, you would give them a second life, and you would bring diversity to the game. Also imagine the commercial outcomes, because you could offer new themes for sale on the Market Place, related to these different maps (Thanagar , Themyscira, Mogo, etc.)

I hope that this idea will find a lot of support among players, and that our dear developers will be interested.

Thanks everyone, have fun!
    • Like x 7
  2. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Great idea, but this takes work and I am pretty sure that's not something they want to put in! The effort. This would only become possible if they can somehow further monetization of this idea. They have to pay their team for development and of course make egregious amounts of cash from their player base, roughly 400k players monthly and 40k subscribers. You could try to dare them to make it happen! Wonderful and simple idea that should have been implemented long long ago.
    • Like x 2
  3. Achikah All About That Base

There was a thread about this awhile back about exactly this- giving once DLC-only maps base/lair hubs for exit and entry. I think it popped up close to when the Omnibus came out last year since DLC areas weren't limited to the paywall anymore.

I forget which dev said it, but they replied that this was a topic of discussion once and that they'd put it on the table once again seeing the interest. We haven't heard back since as far as I know, but I think the idea is really great and I'd love to have more exterior base locale.

+1, both for the entry points as well as newer themes to match them. Hopefully this will spark the discussion again and it does find its way to that table finally.
    • Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

I would love to see this. I made a thread about it myself. They were working on a lair but then Developers left so they had to put it on hold. I hope they will return to work on new lairs soon.
    • Like x 1
  5. Leonite Well-Known Player

I don't think my lair that have lava flows in front of my window can be found in either Gotham or Metropolis. And especially my other one that has a full view of the Earth. So I don't think you're talking about lair themes but just lair locations for you to go in to and out from.

May I ask why make this request? I usually warp in and out of my lairs and have very rarely ever used their doors so I don't even care much about where they're located.
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

• Like x 3
  7. Mechaddict New Player

May I ask you why you answer by considering only yourself? :p

Anyway you have clearly shown that it is not important for you, and that is fine with me. On the other hand, you have to accept that it could matter for others. And yes I was talking about themes in addition to locations, because if a new map is offered to us for housing, we can imagine that the developers offer us a theme and a furnitures pack on the market place, related to this location: this would allow them a return on investment.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mechaddict New Player

9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Don't blame yourself, a good idea is a good idea.