SM vs Artifacts: Don't be picky early on!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

I feel like this needs to be addressed: if you're doing the early rounds of SM, especialy 1-9, DON'T BE SO PICKY WITH HEALER ARTIFACTS! If your healer is in a confortable CR, knows the mechanics, the timing and positioning, whinning about having artifacts below 200 is too much complaining for so little work! Sure you can at least ask for meta and Eye of Gemini, but don't go looking for the perfect endgame hardcore player if you're not going to even face the Super Daddy and his atomic flare yet!

About twice I have a team kick me out and countless times scoff that my Purple, Trans and Page are at the 120... BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER! Especialy since these artifacts change very little past 120 (although Page of Destiny is highly encouraged to go to 200 for the extra abilities). Well, congratulations, the time you idiots spent looking for a perfect healer, we would've reached Krona by that time if you had let me do my work.
    • Like x 7
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are taking about people who will spend 20 min in LFG shouting for 'skip adds' runs vs just spending 3-4 min killing the adds with whoever lands in the group. Good luck.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I guess it matters to them lol, form your own group :)
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Simple as building your own group like proxy said
    • Like x 1
  5. Ergotth Committed Player

Form my own group... by how exactly? Filtering out the bad players if not asking "are you gonna ***** about my artifacts?" because I'd rather give the world a shout "don't be a jerk!". At least I feel better afterwards.
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

And the funny thing is, often we would have to kill all the adds because they were just waiting for us at the bossfight's door xD
    (except that last halway in Volcanic Mining Facility, it's 100% worth skipping the last few adds and those tanky spider bots)
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Use LFG like everyone else bruh, yes
  8. spikeat Well-Known Player

At what part did you get kicked? In the group, in the instance or after a wipe?

I know rd 1-10 is easy and players don't need full arts or CR. But if that individual created the group then they have the right to pick/choose the requirements of their preference. If you're on the US server, it doesn't take long to form a group for round 1-10 and no one is going to ask for your stats as the host. And if you get any push back just kick them from your group. Besides you're mainly using priority heal on the tank and you can't save your other group mates from one shots.
    • Like x 2
  9. GermanM Committed Player

My healer arts are PHR 120. POD 120 and Trans in 200, and i have even healed raids in elite with that, and i have taken teams far round 9 of SM, you´re fine. Your trans card is good even only in 120 for heal (but consider raise his level when you can)

There are people stupid who believe arts are equal to skill, don't listen to them.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I had about 10 failed round 10 runs because someone forgot to block, worst one after we had killed cyborg and flash and someone missed the next flare block. Ended up in a round 9-10 group and we only had 5 people. We posted on LFG "need anyone round 9". We got a 371 healer with 120 arts. We lost 2 people during Krona, but had tank, healer, 2 dps for round 10. We ended up beating it, but the healer's CR dropped to 55 after he got KO'd so many times. We dropped a repair bot and made it through. Definitely an exciting run.
    I think the healer had 120 page and purple, maybe 160 trans? I think page only covers 4 people below 200? Agree with others that it's really about survival more than arts. 200 arts but don't block on round 9 and 10 will still kill you or the group. I think round 9-10 LFG should be "need people that know when to block, run around krona".
    • Like x 1
  11. Ergotth Committed Player

Let's see, once before the fight even STARTED, like, we were at the waiting room, giving our "hellos" and all, and then loading screen. The other time was after round 5, so things were going hella smooth, but that guy just couldn't shut up and I got kicked right before round 6 when they all warped rally just to kick me out. Guys literally prefered to redo a round than have a healer that is not "perfect". And we were going so fine!

At least when discussing this matter with friendly groups, they did convince me to lift my lazy *** and put Page at 200, having the kink of "Group heal also heals 2 more" makes it very good for SMs. Although Elec and Celestial are kinda overloaded with multi-heals anyway.
    I'm just afraid of spending a ton of Nth Metal and Source marks just so next episode introduces some awesome healer Artifact and I'm like, busted out of resources...
  12. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Your right you don't need high art did rounds 1 through 10 with league and a couple pugs last night me on a water character had like 160 eog,120 page and 80 purple ray. League leader was on a troll with 89 sp and only 80 arts 2 but we had a great tank and ok dps we knew all the mechanics so no issue but this won't work in a full pug group since the player base at end game is bad when you pug q
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

The first one in the waiting room is understandable and you didn't waste time. The second one is a little odd. I usually don't inspect anyone in a group if it's going smoothly, unless I feel something is out of place. Disregarding CR and arts, a good healer to me has impeccable timing with their heals. So if heals are constantly 1-2+ seconds late, that is when I grow concerns. I don't like healers that gives me time to second guess whether I should use a soda when a heal should've already been delivered. But in the end at least you didn't have to sit through another 5 round with that guy you were having a dispute with.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Unfortunately there will always be people who nitpick at things like artifact levels, especially on healers and tanks. I've had a group ask me to switch to DPS (all my healing artifacts were at 200, Clarion, fang, page) so another person could heal (120 scrap, 120 EoG, 140 purple). The other healer was under-skilled. When I switched, health remained high, and I was able to continue healing.

I have 3 healers (water, electric, celestial), 2 of which use Clarion, fang, page, and my celestial is setup with trans, page, purple. Too often teams prefer I take DPS stance in favor of someone using EoG, and too often they simply can't put out enough healing to sustain the group.

It's sad, really, that skill is often overlooked for favor of specific artifacts or levels.
    • Like x 3
  15. Ergotth Committed Player

as a fellow healer I just urge you to put Purple at 120 :D the next skill unlocked is REALLY worth it!
    • Like x 1
  16. GermanM Committed Player

Agree with this guy.
    • Like x 1
  17. GermanM Committed Player

Off topic, im Electric and Sorcery, thinking to swith from Sorcery to Celestial healer, do you think the change worth it ?
    • Like x 2
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

In my opinion, celestial is the strongest healing power. But if you can handle the combos. If you want, I'll teach you about celestial, little tricks of the trade that not many people are aware of. (Send private message if you want)
    • Like x 2
  19. Ergotth Committed Player

Celestial is a bonkers healer, The combos being a bit of a hurdle to overcome, so practice with it. Pale Rage offered some advice, so I reccomend you take it :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Maybe they knew the tank was extra squishy?