The thing with superspeed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Aug 25, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

Hello, is me, annoying people again.

I just wanna know if there is a plan to help Flight and Acrobatics players to be in prec dps?

Is unfair only SuperSpeed can be there in a high level. Im not asking nerf SS, but help other movement powers.

Also, if anyone knows a way to make Flight and acrobatics work in that matter... please, share your knowledge with me.
    • Like x 5
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

None that I know of, unfortunately. SS is the only movement type with whirling dervish and vortex trap.
    • Like x 2
  3. Panderus Senior Producer

Travel powers are kind of in a weird place. There are a handful that are just mandatory point sinks for the CC reduction, some that are... less than desirable, and there are a couple that are actually useful to slot. The ones that are useful to slot are also really close to the design and functional space that Iconic powers are.

It needs to be reviewed at some point, but we don't have it scheduled anywhere at the moment.
    • Like x 12
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This may be a weird idea but have you guys every thought about moving the movement abilities directly into the iconics? That way all movements would have access to all abilities. From there the only think that would need to be changed would be to give add a quick dash to all movements.

Flight has swoop attack so that can just be integrated into flight like how dash has the dash when holding down the movement button. And acro will need something.

But as a start moving the movement abilities to iconics would settle the damage advantage speed has
    • Like x 13
  5. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Can we at least get Rings for each movement mode added to future DLC/Episode vendors in the meantime?

The CR-relevant acrobat ring in the current episode was great and it seems like adding more stuff like that would be appealing to customers and would not take too much work to create.
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Acro and flight/skimming is long overdue for a buff. All movement modes should carry specialized functions that make them competitive to one another. Superspeed has worn its superiority for so long that it’s began to stifle player creativity and immersion, in exchange for performance
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I actually agree with this idea, perhaps just move all of it to iconic powers and streamline everything.
    • Like x 3
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

They exist already, actually. Flight ring comes from the Long Live The Legion alert, and the Superspeed ring comes from the Anniversary Vendor.
    • Like x 1
  9. GermanM Committed Player

The rings dont solve the problem because you dont win the skills of those movement´s.
  10. GermanM Committed Player

This is a very nice idea :cool::cool:
  11. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Yes, however you could be Super Speed (or another travel power) for the ability tree options and then use a ring for whatever other movement mode you prefer, assuming there was always max/relevant CR movement mode rings available in the latest episode.

That could at least be a somewhat decent stopgap solution to the issue.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I brought the idea up once to Charon before but it was while we were talking about other stuff too. So not sure the idea ever went further lol. But figured I’d mention it here too lol
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

You definitly need another person in the lead position.

"Travel powers are kind of in a weird place", there is no ability in the correct place if we beeing true for once. Not the movement abilitys, not the iconic ones, not the supercharges or powers themself.

Dont worry it´s easy to test for everyone since we have damage per second logs on sparring targets. Also its a simple method on testing where each ability sits and what would need to be tweaked. Little example for supercharges, we have Fire: Fireball Barrage (5000) Ice: Blizzard (5000) and Iconic: Clown Box (5000) which sit at 50k/s all other 5000 supercharges sit at 10-40k/s if we only count in those which do damage on its own. I mean where is the issue testing it (Just pressing the supercharge, no pets or whatsoever) and seeing a 5000 supercharge sitting at 30k/s while others can hit 50k/s buffing the others by the percentage difference?! Its not rocket-sciene.

I mean, i could make a list for every single ability and calculating the percentage difference and you would just have to adjust.

Also the issue of all this is made by not having the hybrid playstyle, with which the game was created. Because there you wanted to have damage over time abilitys + weapon. Now it´s weapon clip because its more effective to clip to get into the next weapon rotation faster. It needs to go back to hybrid, then you wouldn´t have this mess (obviously you would still have to adjust the base damage of the weapons and abilitys, since that got ****** up over time).

Another issue mainly for newcomers, i´ve tested how much source marks you would need to buy all old styles, including those where each piece costs x70...buying them all take over 40.000 source marks, now devide that by 200 cause we prentend we wanna buy them all, that would mean you would have to buy 200 times for 2500 daybreak cash then we end at 500.000.

Even if we would get half the styles over 1-2 years, what type of players do you expect to play the game? billionares? I mean its mainly a game for kids...do you really believe their parents are able to give them more than 100$ a month, if we average it? Reduce that, atleast those for x70+ (What are you dreaming at night?)

Simply put the style/gear set on marketplace that way you will make business, how i know that? Look at fornite and other games which do it for years.

And address the difference in skillpoints/feats in general, if i cant even buy styles for the needed feats, sorry for not spending 500.000 into the game...and i dont have time to farm each "kill 5000" here and there...because obviously every human with the slightest logic understand that you wont be able to farm 10 years of feats in the same time you´re getting your cr maxed these days. That´s a big factor ruining the game for everyone. (Yes, also for you with much skillpoints, when landing in group with those people with low sp.)

Look at everything from a distance, try to include every aspect. And you see that im right.
    I could keep going but i stop there for now.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is actually a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  15. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Can see it now:
    /LFG: Group looking for an EoG battery. Must have 4-5 25% SCs on Loadout pst TryHard
  16. GermanM Committed Player

The thing is you need two skills of Super Speed to be a competitive prec dps. There is no other way. Now i dont see the point of having 4 movement modes if only 1 is meta. I understend in all games are metas and all stuff, but the movement power should be a cosmetic thing, not something that boost people damage like Super Speed does.
  17. Skoll Well-Known Player

They’ll be balanced as soon as the graphics update goes live. Soon™️
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There is no graphics update.
  19. Skoll Well-Known Player

Hmm, maybe the movement balances will happen the same time as a new power comes out then :D
  20. GermanM Committed Player

You just destroy the dream´s of a lot of people with those words.
    • Like x 2