Gotham Wastelands "Farming"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

LOL this is hilarous given the mark reduction in fos. Just another example of a literal exploit that's been used more than mark spamming and they choose to "fix" anything but the real problems.
    (If you guys don't know, there's 2 "boss" adds in the wastelands all the way north/north-east that die as fast as adds and give scaling gear every time. good for style feats as well)

Call it what you want but this is extremely common and people have been using this A LOT on all servers. It literally takes a couple hours to get to 350 from whatever the entry requirement to wastelands is. And it takes 0 effort. You just stand there and get free gear that scales upwards until you hit the max CR hahaha

I won't lie. I enjoyed this little oversight as a veteran player when some friends told me about it cause i could come back to the game and level up a couple old alts quick. But I 10000% see the problem. Same reason they removed walk-ins back in like 2014. New players reach max CR way too fast and then have no idea what they're doing in the end game, resulting in bad runs and disgruntled EG players.

I recently played with the same new player 3 or 4 times who was 370 CR and only did martial arts melee combos in TSWR, dying every 30 seconds and doing little to no damage. I wasn't even upset. It was fun as hell to watch. He's playing the game his way and that's fine considering there really is no direct tutorial or guidance for new players after the 1-30 levelling process.

Devs will and should probably fix this wastelands exploit but the irony is that they'll most likely do nothing to fix the actual issue at hand. Life goes on in the dc universe online.

I +1 this post
    • Like x 1
  2. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

We can't assume everyone who uses gotham wasteland is a noob.

It could be:

1. a veteran who made an alt and doesnt want to wait till the next CR to have access to all worlds.

2. A new player who's eager and motivated to get good. Will be bad at first but with some seasoning and time, he can eventually be an end game player. Which isnt even the goal for everyone in this game.

3. Someone who just enjoys the thrill leveling up.

Gotham Wasteland is one of the most dead maps on DCUO.

My question is, what's up with community wanting to take away everything and they're easily irked by attainable source mark's or leveling quickly ?

This is coming from men, I never used the glitch and been grinding my toon since 2013 the long way...but all the cheers and support to those who level up.
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Never said they were. It was a general statement.

Remember, I was simply asking what the ruckus was about. I never said they should change anything.

Now who is assuming? :p
  4. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

"Hey guys, I've been hearing about this thing I don't know about. What do they mean? What is that?"
    "How dare you mention our cheese? Now it's in the open and at risk of being fixed. You demon!"

Haha.
    • Like x 4
  5. Comixfan Committed Player

I'd hardly call it an exploit. It's been in the game for years at this point.

That said, seems they have finally removed it from the game. The 2 mobs in question no longer drop loot when defeated.

Pretty sad of the devs to do this now after years of ignoring it. What's the harm in letting your players gear up their toons relatively quickly so they can run end game content?

Taking that away is just another reason for me to give up on this game again after only having returned a few months ago.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I heard about that. Oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So people will have to play omnibus now and/or play content the right way? Sorry about that. My deepest sincerest apologies and condolences.
  7. GermanM Committed Player

There are other ways, the t1 solo of the penguin and two face, and t1 duos like cape carmine, penguin and two face (again) have a great number of bosses. It will not be fast as GW, but still is doable lvl CR of a character "fast"
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, if someone can get a toon to 80, then go to say....Oh, I don't know... 310 CR...in a few hours. Sure that's a good random number with no tie in to anything else... In a few hours, where is the incentive to say....oh, I don't know....buy a 310 CR skip for $40 bucks?

It is amazing how fast some of these 'problems' get fixed vs long standing bugs that actually impact gameplay (looking at you PC raid entry crash and DM portal crashes.....3 years later). Too many marks....FIXED!!! Quick gear leveling...FIXED!!! PS crashes 2 or 3 times a session just going through a door or 'warp to' menu.....Well now....we don't have the time to work on those issues....'low staff'....'Covid'...and because "ReAs0nS". I personally didn't use either of these, but I also don't believe they had MORE negative impact to the game than about 50 other things that are ignored.
    • Like x 7
  9. Kreachure Committed Player

It's exploitative because it's an uninteded game mechanic that gets heavily used by players to skip the actual process of playing the game how it's intended to be played.

I did this as well, but I'll call it what it is, lol. Do I wish it was still around? Yes, for alts BUT;
    Some players with little to no experience getting power leveled through CR and content end up creating an unwanted experience for everyone in the late game. I said earlier in the post I've been in runs with max CR players who have no idea what they're doing. random weapon combos, weird power combinations that are nowhere near efficient, and they have little to no regard for boss mechanics. This makes raids and other content unenjoyable for some people who just want to grind out and get their stuff done.

There's a bunch of stuff they can do that's not as fast but still pretty quick when it comes to leveling CR. Shady nightclub comes to mind. Also some open world solo level up instances you can just walk in and out, etc. These drop scaled gear.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No offense, but there are several ways this can be done outside of GW, not the least of which is a CR skip that is SOLD to us or even granted each year (generally).

You also can't get to 'max' cr this way....I think a full set of 305 gear gets you to the 350 threshold, but yeah...You'd have to actually play the game at that point (although you can get to 370-375 having only ever done the Outdoor missions and event level too).

They 'fixed' it cause it was easy and quick. This was in no way to correct an issue with poor players at endgame levels. Honestly I think DI likes the poor players at endgame levels(hence the CR skips and changes to how gear/loot is now given out) because the perceived fix by most of them is going to be to spend their way to a 'good' toon with 200 artis, meta powers and builds and a complement of maxed allies.

It doesn't really fix anything, but to the naked eye, it gives the appearance of a 'good' player....well, till you get in the run that is. I'd be less than shocked to know that it's also the reason the API has been down for months. Can't scan someone's SP to cross reference against the artis, CR and allies if you can't look up SP anywhere....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Kreachure Committed Player

I said there were multiple ways lol. While not as fast, yeah there's a lot of easy ways. I'm more offended you missed that than anything else haha. ;)

Yeah the 350 grind is fast though, and when I say max i mean in the 370s at least. A players should be pretty knowledgeable by that point. But again, I've seen max cr players with 0 knowledge of basic game mechanics.

I agree they should make it more streamlined for new and returning people to learn how the endgame works as well as making it easier for veterans to level alts, but they chose this instead. A band-aid fix. At this point we can't really be surprised, lol. There's been a lot of that lately.
    • Like x 1
  12. GermanM Committed Player

That reminds me last december, when a bug cause lot of people abuse of artifacts and level those up a lot. Of course, that was a glich, of course that needed to be fixed and of course the people who do that deserve to be punished. But it seems other problems or bugs that are really anoying for the community cannot be fixed because those things dont impact direcly in dev´s incomes (this is something i think sometimes)
    But if something touches the money... yeah, they go for it... this is sad.

And of course the thing is GW needed to be fix, if they ban a speedhacker it will take him some more time to lvl up a character, so, i guess this helps.
    • Like x 1
  13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I have been farming catwoman solo for my base alt. 5 gear drops each run. And him with literally less than 100 sp not a single art finish it in 10 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Very nice, is like i said, there are other ways, if people do solos and duos to raise CR they can get some feats too, is the best way to lvl up.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, I know you acknowledge there is multiple ways of doing it...just saying, it's not like this change was 'for the good of the game' if shutting down the crap endgame players was the goal. Otherwise they'd put loot locks back in, get rid of cr skips and have some sort of cap on 'buying' your way to the top (top gear...not skills).

So I guess what I'd like them to do is to decide....do they want everyone at endgame ASAP....or not? If they do, the fix was not needed...if they don't, a LOT of other fixes are needed....otherwise they are just talking out of both sides of their mouths.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you can get a partner, shady nightclub is probably your best bang for the buck...Not sure I could stomach Warehouse solo more than 1 time.

Funhouse is 2 drops in about 2.5 min, assuming you do it right.

But your point is correct.
    • Like x 1
  17. Comixfan Committed Player

Unintended?

It's been in the game for years and the devs never said anything about it. There's no way they didn't know about it prior to recently when it was removed and yet they let it exist in the game for years.

I called it a way for players to get their alts up to par with their main (at least CR-wise) without having to endure the ridiculously long grind.

If that's really an issue then the devs need to remove the paid for CR 310 boost from the game as well since it's the same thing.

18. Comixfan Committed Player

As I noted before, there's no way the devs didn't know about the Gotham Wastelands gearing thing before recently. It's been in the game ever since that content was new. They 100% knew it existed and did nothing about it for years.
  19. Mister Hando Active Player

All Open World, all Map are boring now ! GG to the Staff ! :(
    Daybreak can delete directly old content World. It is more quickly.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

So things are only fun for you when you can benefit from exploits? Understood.
    • Like x 1