Why doesn't ALT+F4 work in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I would like to know why this command does not work on DCUO? I don't know if I'm the only one or if it doesn't work, but for me, the command doesn't work...
  2. STsource Well-Known Player

erm /exit?
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

/quit
    • Like x 1
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Did you try trolling someone with "Type ALT + F4" and it didn't work on them the way you hoped? :D
  5. Tolly Committed Player

Nah, it's just a function that's supposed to work!
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Those don't work if the game locks up. I know that's rare (crashes were more frequent than lock ups most of the game's lifetime), but I have had to hard shutdown my computer a couple times before because the game completely took over Windows functionality after locking up. Even CTRL+ALT+DEL wouldn't work because the game would stay overlayed on top of everything. In those instances, I'm not sure if ALT+F4 would have saved me, but it would have been nice to try. ;)
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I'm not 100% sure, but it could be because both keys are options for key binding, so they disabled that feature? Never bothered me.

I suggest go to Task Manager > Options > turn on Always On Top NOW so it will override the game in case you need it during a crash.
    • Like x 1
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I forgot that existed. Thanks. I haven't had the lock-up happen to me in years, but I remember it being a real pain to get rid of. I also now have a dual monitor setup, so I doubt it would be an issue if it happened now.
  9. Tolly Committed Player

I also often had the game blocking Windows when DCUO crashed, I saw all my desktop, there was just the window of the game which was reduced letting appear only the three commands of a reduced window, the command Reduce, I could not clear the game to come to a normal state of the desktop, even with the ALT+TAB command of windos 10 I could not touch the game nor the rest opened by the way (because of the game), nor to do anything when the game totally blocked the PC. I'm putting this in the past tense, but I'm pretty sure he can do it again, it just seems less frequent.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

11. Kreachure Committed Player

so you can stay and spend money