Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. X13-KING Well-Known Player

I have a bit of a Wishlist for 2022 Winter Holiday Event. Topping that list are some ice themed Trinkets and styles. Namely, "Ice Sculpture Henchmen". I'd love to see them as sculptures of the mentors. Heroes summon ice sculptures of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman; while villains get Luthor, Joker, and Circie. Next a supply drop, ether a X-mas trees or presents.

For the styles, I want them to work well with the "Snowflake" and "Ice Spick" sets. A new ice themed skin style would be epic. A face style that gives characters beards and eyebrows of frosted ice and snow. A few ides that I've been toying with is it some kind of breath effect and battle reactive. The breath effect I had in-mind I just where you see the character's breath like you would on a cold winter day. I once thought about having it as an accessory, but I don't know if I'd want to use up a style slot of just that. As for the battle reactive, I'm thinking just having the character open their mouth in a angry scream.

The only other styles I would like to have in this theme are a chest, legs, and feet. I just don't have a lot of ideas for what I'd want to see for them and the ideas I have for the chest make me question if to would be better for the Valentin's Day event.
  2. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

it is in the homecoming vendor. It will be in the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

Oh, didn't know that. That's awesome!
    • Like x 2
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

The crown/tiara will also be in the vendor so you can do near exactly the style you see in the photo.
    • Like x 2
  5. Rami-El New Player

I'm surprised that with as popular as Batman is, we haven't gotten his ninja look yet or some variation of it. Actually, the lack of traditional Ninja/Samurai themed outfits is pretty sad, even more so cause my toon is assassin themed. :(

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Viking5661 New Player

Judge Dredd. He's had contact with Batman. Joker recieved immortality
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've already replied to this topic once within the last couple weeks in another thread, so here we go yet again!

The issue here is the same issue it almost always is: DAYBREAK GAMES IS ONLY ALLOWED TO USE CHARACTER DESIGNS THAT HAVE APPEARED IN COMICS AND GRAPHIC NOVELS PUBLISHED BY DC COMICS, NOTHING ELSE! They are DENIED the right to use character designs appearing in movies, TV shows, other video games, toy lines, etc. ONLY DESIGNS THAT APPEARED IN DC'S COMICS AND GRAPHIC NOVELS, PERIOD!!!

With that said, I set out a couple years ago to recreate NInja Batman's War Armor that you posted. I got it as close as I could, and came up with this:

[IMG]

I've since switched the Hand Style to the Knight of Vengeance Hand Style to match it even more closely.

There are a few Ninja and Samurai-Inspired style sets in the game, specifically Kabuki, League of Assassins, and Tech Ninja, but with the elimination of both the Promethium Lockboxes and the always available daily Vault runs, they've become much, much harder to obtain than they used to be.

But don't let that stop you, simply learn how to use your creativity to make the styles you want with the in-game styles we have available! Here's some more famous ninjas I created!

2021 Movie Sub-Zero

[IMG]

Storm Shadow -- Sleeveless White Outfit

[IMG]

Snake-Eyes (Ninja Commando Outfit)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Arashikage Clan Red Ninja (also works as a Hand Ninja from Marvel Comics!)

[IMG]

Firefly (when Larry Hama finally revealed his Origin Story in the Marvel Comics series, he was revealed to also be an Arashikage Clan Ninja!)

[IMG]

Storm Shadow (Joe Team Camo Outfit, inspired by Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 scale figure)

[IMG]

Storm Shadow (Long Sleeve White Outfit)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Diabolik (Okay, granted, he's more of a cat burglar, but he dresses like a modern ninja, anyway!)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As Master Yoda once said, "you must unlearn what you have learned!" Rather than complaining about what you CAN'T do, look at all the Styles on the DCUO Wiki Site, give it some thought, and then figure out what you CAN DO! ;)

Both yourself and Rami-El need to go all the way back to Page 1 of this very thread, start there, and go through the whole thread, checking out the styles others have made for inspiration, as several of us have made either Judge Dredd or another Street Judge.

The Future Cop Helmet available during Character Creation, and from the Basic Style Vending Machines in the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom is "Inspired By" Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd helmet, but changed a little bit so that it's a "generic version" if you will. You'll need that for a start. You'll also want the Urban Slick Chest, Shield Emblem, and the Hera's Strength Shoulders. For the pants, Paramilitary and Knight of Vengeance seem to work the best, so pick one of those. For the belt, Paramilitary works well. Finish with the boots and gloves of your choice! ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. yotrooper13 New Player

can we pleqse get the blackfire style that her model wears in the homecoming event?
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oops, forgot to put in the link! Fixed now. :oops:
  10. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Superboy's boots. I know those from Psycho Jester style do the trick quite fine, but these look better to me. His slimline looks nice too...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. yotrooper13 New Player

Blackfire model outfit in the seasonal Homecoming vendor please!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I would like to see corrupted style and all the other rare drops from early content added to a vendor please. Long overdue... Please make this adjustment. Many people struggle to complete the exalted, corrupted, biohazard, steelworker, escaped inmate styles, and I am sure there are others in countless threads going back several years, whether here or on Reddit, exhausting themselves trying to acquire these styles. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"Date Night" themed styles for the next valentine's event. Great way to bring a few "real clothes" looks. A nice halter top that extends to the waist. An A-line skirt that isn't long enough to look matronly but not as short as metalhead or wall street. I keep wishing to see the split personality shoes actually split into two separate styles. Maybe a mermaid or morticia adams types of skirt. On the mens side something think Bruce Wayne out for a night on the town.

Also I would like to see cheerleader pom poms as a dual wield style.
    • Like x 1
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

So My Lex Clone (DISEASED MANIAC) just acquired the Patriotic Boots....
    and I know there's a Patriotic belt....but, where is the Patriotic slimline? or the patriotic Gloves, cowl, shoulders, Back piece....etc? I mean is it just me or did we miss a few pieces in the process?
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The "Full Patriotic Style Set" consists of only 3 items: Belt, Gloves, and Boots.

[IMG]

I've only ever gotten the Belt/Waist, the other 2 have been MIA for me for years. :(
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The boots are an easy get. they’re a free gift when you complete one of the investigations (or maybe briefing) legacy of Krypton in the eastern half of New Bohemia island (around the Metropolis University neighborhood)
    • Like x 1
  17. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  18. Caroline Dedicated Player

Zatanna's boots, please! That's the only style we need to complete the *Zatanna* style. :)

https://ibb.co/jywkGBy
    • Like x 2
  19. FreddyK New Player

I need (Parasites full head) for my Freddy Krueger :)… make it like the plant style skin where I can change the colors of the sunken in part and the raised parts of his skin and he would be complete! ✌️ GGs everybody!
  20. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

I love, thank, and appreciate the dcuo devs for asking us about next styles. What I would like even more is if we are asked "what old in-game styles would you like to see updated and expanded on with color slots re-arranged". example House of El and House of El 2019