Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Enfys New Player

I think the issue is that theres no way of knowing, for a newbie or casual, if the other person is speed hacking or just super good at the game. Like, I can tell now but a while ago I couldnt.
    I think maybe the issue is more making ppl aware how to check if your group member is speedhacking (like everyone else having too low damage compared to them or raid bosses lasting less than a minute), which for experienced players is obvious but for others not so much.
  2. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Nah it's a free pack u bought for nothing....i.e. a gift really and yes it's 100 percent free...so u where made premium for free....are you going to add anything helpful? Or you just trolling?
  3. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Look at the scoreboard if something doesn't look right. Speed hackers will be outrageously ahead of others. Also, a dead giveaway for speed hackers have usually very low arts (usually below 80). They're using speed hacking to make $$$ & artifacts are too costly with no effect.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Could put a system in place where when a player gets so much boss damage in 1 run that it boots em and logs the booting with a time stamp for later investigation....set the tresh hold of dmg to be clearly in the hacker realm....I oober smarty guy
    • Like x 1
  5. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Obviously in the investigation if they died 100 times and failed to loot but racked up a 100 mil dmg....they wasn't hackin
  6. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Don't you give the devs ideas blade....
  7. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

A threshold timer on boss encounters could work as well.....drop a world boss In 5 secs....booted flagged boot for later review...the boot need be just that a quick relogg and no action taken until investigation
  8. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

A system to deletect damage over time during boss fights only, could probly be trusted to auto bann, giving room for a new way to appeal miscalculations....but if thresh hold was set right into the realm of hacker numbers ...I fail to see why it would not catch most hackers and a few exsploiters as well lol
  9. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

The last option? Ah have a system in wich the instance auto boots all players from the instance only and closes itself when it detects a dmg threshold being broken by a singular player....i.e then encouraging the community of dcuo to run off those speed hackers instead of embracing them, because bottom line we all wanna get to the loot baby
    • Like x 1
  10. Trended Active Player

Good idea
    • Like x 1
  11. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Might be a little weird queuing at 1st but we'd adapt and looking for group may make a come back
  12. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Oo another great idea change cr to now count arts and origin augs....and then assign a new minimum and suggested cr number, that has arts and augs figured in.....because then a hacker would have to level a character each time they wanted to hack until caught....you could make this number rather moderate...as to not effect friends helping friends level.....but Mr. I just created this character bought some gear boxes and I got level 1 arts and augs.....but cr of 360...can't even enter the raid he wanted to hack
  13. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Oo ....yes daybreak we can talk about me joining the team :)
  14. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

This route would encourage players to help each other make sure their are leveling the right stuff, furthering community game play along with my idea to revive looking for group, the community would flourish and grow
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

the app will then drop it in 5.1 seconds. Up the timer, update the app...
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

I personally have never seen a ps speed hacker. Every encounter has always been pc. It could be difficult for both of us to tell though since both ps & pc share the same server.

As to what's actually being done, they are getting booted off the actual servers lol. Feats are being turned off in the time-out server, & I would assume feats & things would be taken from players on the time-out server. As opposed to outright banning this can reduce the chance of players making dummy accounts to do the same thing with the rest of the community b/c they would assume they are safe, but their just experiencing a bad glitch. & if their toons are in the limbo of the time out server too long they may leave the game as a whole b/c they will think the devs are leaving the game "broke" as opposed to realizing they are actually on punishment lol.

Players should also have the chance to have the punishment reviewed in case it may be a false report based on salty scoreboard chasers to which the devs can check the logs & make a final decision.
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

Unfortunately, most ppl won't accept this so the devs can hit the flags & move in to making more content
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Until something can be done about it without destroying everyone elses game in the process beyond submitting a ticket the best course of action is to put the hacker on ignore, leave group and go along your merry way.

It's not that difficult.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Hit the nail on the head
  20. Swamarian Committed Player

I'm curious how resilient the speed hackers tools are. If the tools are hooking specific functions in the game, then moving them around could break the tools. It wouldn't be a particularly robust solution, but if every patch broke the tools, that would create a noticeable amount of friction, and probably annoy some people enough to stop using them.
    This is something that could probably be automated, and added to the build process. I have no idea what the amount of effort would be, though.