Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

I'd find out how Wanda is bypassing your system and figure out a way to stop it, by using Wanda as a model for others,
  2. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Then the next step is to remove unsecure networks such as static i.p. addresses....and that may kill dcuo.....what dcuo needs to do is cut out all the free rewards....or make this point the great reset it should be where next episode is a fresh restart of skill and talent...make my 560sp scream dcuo....:)
  3. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

I mean cut rewards for the time being until problem is resolved, and that cut primarily in the f2p zone as where a hacker will not pay a subscription
  4. Monkeyboy Committed Player

You forgot that you had the choice to leave? You admitted you knew at the time they were hacking. So, in reality, you benefitted from it and didn't report it. That unforunately makes anyone an accomplice. That's what makes rules unfair, they're not always going to align with personal morality dilemmas.
  5. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Limit trade cash cap for f2p players! Oooo I'm brilliant! Only allow f2p players to trade so much cash per day. Then they'd have to trade items for their hacker services, items are much easier to track!
  6. Enfys New Player

Like i said, the easier system is to remove any feats/rewards gotten in a speedhack run. Suspending or banning people by assuming they had knowledge of the other person doing speedhacking sounds far worse.
    Not everyone has master knowledge of the game or play it often enough. Some ppl will only play solo or duo with a friend and then be exposed to a raid with someone doing speed hacks, its not something easy to prove not having knowledge of.
    Most likely, if you ban a casual player for something they didnt do, they'll just get mad about it and move on to another game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Monkeyboy Committed Player

How do static IP addresses make a network unsecure? Static is basically "permanent" & dynamic means it changes.
  8. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Why do f2p players need to trade billions anyways?
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

F2P players cant trade in game cash.
  10. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Lol yes as a static i.p. address, it's rolling and changing makeing you a network access level 2 or level 1 makeing the system your trying to get to trust you see that you are hiding your physical address and are most likely using a untrusted source to do this masking......primarily happens with wifi and using a static i.p. router in most big named games
  11. Monkeyboy Committed Player

They will not ban anyone who was in the group unknowingly, a short suspension that's it. There's chat they investigate but Discord users are just out of their reach. It's not fair to a casual player but they'll know next time to report & leave group or face consequences. Collateral damage is acceptable if it curbs a problem.
  12. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Really? Cause if I down load the free green lantern pack that makes me premium for free I can then trade cash , offer hacking services and pass the money on and who cares about that account....east to make another 5 mins
  13. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Sorry but that's not how it works. There's something called data that travels in packets....just go look up a beginner CCNA or Networking + guide.
    • Like x 1
  14. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

So by restricting f2p premium cash trades for the time being would help curb the hacker buissness,
  15. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Sorry sir that's exactly how it works....try logging into mw, on a static i.p. router,
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Premium players cant trade in game cash either. Only thing they can trade is items.
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I left the second time, it was an Apokylips raid, the first time I didn't know what had happened. I had only been back in the game for a couple of months, and before i left speed hacks on PS4 were extremely rare, to the point I had never seen one. It was only when I came on here, and described what happened that I learned it was a speed hack. When I had heard of them, I thought they sped things up 2-3X I didn't realize it sped things up exponentially.

Having said that, you're right, I don't know if accomplice is the right word, that word implies that I knew what was going on. Certainly I was the beneficiary and a reset on any rewards I got wouldn't be out of line.
    • Like x 1
  18. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Mw platform will not allow a level 2 security on a static i.p. addresses in
  19. Monkeyboy Committed Player

It doesn't make you premium for free. You bought something!
  20. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Red flag the word cash app.....insta bann hammer.....I'm running outta ideas