Tell us what accessories you'd like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Megzilla, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

TOM-Bot Device
    25th Century Communicator
    Partially Assimilated Servo Unit

From what I've read, these were awarded to players for their loyalty to having membership long ago, and weren't advertised as "exclusive". They were also not around anymore when DCUO came to Xbox, in which I reside. Any possible chance they could make an appearance (again)? Thanks!

Edit: oops I guess wrong thread but I can't change it now :/
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If they do one, I imagine it'll be a plush doll that hangs on your character's hip, as they've done with several of the big hero and villain characters! And honestly, I'd be totally okay with that! :cool:
  3. ARJOSAN14 Level 30

Claws accessory and a Cheetah doll on character's hip (would prefer the classic design with hair) please!!
  4. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

Booster Gold's Skeets.
  5. Agent Adversity New Player

i love all what this game has to offer, but :) it would be very cool if we had our own customization of sidekicks, even give them their own combat rating, and some styles that is not already a character based style, example.. the shark head, that is king sharks style, if it was a different style of a shark head that would be great, this is DCUO where we create our own Superheroes and Super Villians, not copy the legends already there, we create our own Batman, our own Krytonian, our own Amazonian and our own Atlantian etc
    a bear head style would be AWESOME :)
  6. d36williams New Player

I would like an emote "Blushes" as in "Bug Smack blushes" like you might to a blown kiss. Even proud accomplished super heroes can feel suddenly weak kneed and shy
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

that's my main proposal idea in general for getting players to stylize as full corp members of the blue lanterns, star sapphires, orange lanterns, and indigo tribe lanterns.., its very in depth, and have had a story reason and technical to the way they could give access to the players, with the means at the time in the online game.

for alternate ring colors, either make them an accessory / or could be a flight ring as well, but if u put it on, as a non Light/rage, it shows up , either Blue, violet, indigo, orange mainly i am really pushing for, due to canonical reasons and in game canonical reasons, via exobytes.

The way the game leads us to believe, as in intro, lex frees the exobytes he took from The Brain(iac), now, for every power makes sense they basically make you a mutant/metahuman, but, with the lanterns, the rings/power can be removed, "not counting red lanterns" due to them not being able to remove the red ring without help from a blue lantern or they die, "long explanations but that's the gist"
    but at first, when Fight for the light came out, if you Respec / power changed, into Light, u got a cool message saying

"you have been called to be a recruit for the green lantern or yellow lantern corp, something like that, but it was removed, due to IP conflicts maybe at the time,

the way the exobytes work with Lantern rings/Light/rage and other non biological usually: based powers ergo

batman/ Hal Jordan /Oliver queen,/ steel, Lex Luthor, joker, ex.

but if the powers are all exobytes give/change the human
    like Cable, forge or Weapon 1, i think, he not like deadshot, has powers like deadshots abilities are

then we possibly get

A.in game canonical sorta cool but, "not my first choice" but game story logical

as we know the players aka our characters are exobyte meta humans, every single one, and gadgets and weapon mastery are a cable style mutation, a technological virus, and Light players aren't actually wearing rings, the exobytes copied how the rings work, and we just have the glow/constructed ring on our finger, it is a ring persay but not a Matter esk ring crafted by the guardians, it is a construct itself given by the mutation/meta light gene. which is how rage would work 2 i assume or....

B. Scenario "more in line with the Actual Canonical characters , ergo batman no exobyte / mutant powers

The rings would be Deputy rings, for the Green lantern corp LIGHT, Made much like regular Willpower lantern rings and like most of them, but has a limited powerset base programed in, and is not to last forever, the power batteries can only charge what ganthet and sinestro programmed them to do. the accessory syle atrocitus, saint walker, larvleeze and indigo 1s rings, would be similar specially if adds flight, that non Light powersets/rage powersets can have a use other then just a glow. would be just like the legion ring/ speed force speedster ring and , temporary recruit rings with not the full powers of a regular lantern of the corp
    • Like x 1
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Deadman: Almost entirely faded out like a ghost directly behind you. When you do an attack he moves downward as if entering your body.

Dr. Psycho: His head is transparent and fades in and out going from your left side, to the right, and then above your head looking down. As if the head is speaking to you and telling you what to do.

Speed Force Movement: Randomly your character suddenly looks blurry. As if it's slightly moving quickly left and right.

Now that The Sandman on Netflix is out...How about Goldie the Gargoyle. He was part of the House of Secrets comic book long before The Sandman comics were even out.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kreachure Committed Player

is there a parrot on your shoulder?
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Just want to pipe back in that I would love the will-o-wisp (like the trinket/base item) to be an accessory.
  11. Tupiniquin New Player

Well, they could release the posture of crossed arms behind and the Dex-Staar Cat as an Accessory, the posture is already in the Game and the Cat Model too, just make the cat fly and put some clothes on it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. slyhero New Player

I mentioned that many times on livestreams, but not sure if it was passed to the devs:
    One of the coolest accessories would simply be lantern rings. All the existing colors of the spectrum. It could be on right hand, where it would visually replaced the current ring (if character got one), or just left hand. The best way to do those rings would be as an accessories, but even as a "hands style" would do it. Why? These days lots of people are making lantern characters, even without having an official lantern power. Plus, we have all those cool matching auras, outfits, supply drops etc, so why not most important- the ring? That would "complete" a lot of cool lantern toons out there. I'm not asking for new powers because this is whole different story and not that easy to make. But just simple colorful flashing rings as an accessories for our toons hands should be one of the easiest things for you to make Please.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lantern Gblue New Player

yes please - would love this for my blue lantern water healer.
    and while we're at it, lantern emblem accessories like the uv/green/sinestro/red that just came in but for the rest of the corps (blue/orange/star sapphire/indigo)
  14. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Floating planets (like what’s around perpetuas neck)

A Saturn ring.

A moon that hangs around you. Maybe that changes phases but mostly I’d like a crescent moon.
    • Like x 1
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

A scarf like Jericho has
  16. sebfm Well-Known Player

I would personally vote for a left handed only to prevent conflicts on the right arm ring for lantern powers, but yep, that would be sweet :)
    • Like x 1
  17. sebfm Well-Known Player

I actually really loved your ideas here and yep, we understood the intro the same way. I don't think that our characters could wear an actual lantern corp ring, it's mostly through exobytes mimicry capabilities we get abilities. But as they do mimic those, we can possibly imagine graphically any look will be available to copy, as exobitten humans looks to get powers the same way Brainiac gets meta/magic/tech powers through his avatars.

Thanks for all those ideas which are real cool to read (even if with my tired eyes I had to zoom a lot ^^).

Have a nice night/day :)

• Like x 1
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

thank you i appreciate the understanding
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

well, technically with the ps5 update, more pose/stance can be added, due to larger "again virtual memory" and the ability of how much the primary client can load up all at once / fast enough , to fit on the ps5 and more even, the ps4, was close but still shy of many additions, like powersets, animations, i would love to see a villainous pose/ thinking man pose , with the hands crossed behind the back, and more variety of pets in general, the emote system can be totally fixed, with a targeting system.
    ATM, when you say for instance " /wave " you just wave , not at anyone particularly but if they implement a targeting system, even though the combat and speaking to NPCs, does not require or use that type of system, so i can, click on someone, walk away and still have them targeted, like in instances for npcs, but if they made it that we could click on someone, or type /target Player , then you would be able to have specific emotes go to that person, like the following

/target "player Name"

/wave
    "Zoom Waves to "player name"

/trade
    would ask to start a trade,

/examine or /inspect
    gives the player sheet

the development company is not unknowing of this development of communication in their mmos, the Target/ emote/action/trade system was a big part "is " of Swg, ever quest,
    its one of the things that makes star wars galaxies so fun,

along with the chat bubble system,
    when you do the following

/say HEY HOWS IT GOING"
    a bubble will appear over the head, so you can have conversations with people near you , without having to sus out the lfg/trade/shout chat flying by,
    the option is resizable, and can be changed to stay on longer with each message or go away faster, as well as turn it off to the way it is now.

specially for a DC mmo we need this, its 100% rp and like a comic reads
  20. Mier New Player

Does anyone know why we still haven't gotten lantern rings as accessories? do they not wanna do it or can they not do it?